A forum suggestion for Blizzard

they would not - there would be no escaping your behavior - because ignore does not fixed anything with your type.

I am completely fine with doing that.

Have you heard of ignore? It works.

The thing is though you need self control to not click that ignored content. People can reply if they like, it is a discussion forum after all.

Pro tip, there is a feedback button built right into the game so you don’t have to continue to be “victimized” every time someone has a reply.

One account means all you have to do is ignore 1 account. Instead someone can alt-hop to 400 toons and follow you around, forcing you the supposed victims to change posting toons. Essentially looking all tiered benefits from the forums.

Just because you are fine switching posting toons doesn’t mean others are okay with it. You are essentially victim blaming here.

1 Like

I already said it doesn’t solve anything - ignoring people when they are doing that stalking business

exactly you are fine with me not being able to escape your harassment. I am the victim in this situation - I am not victim blaming.

Everybody with a btag like ‘skunkmcbootykin’ suddenly gettin nervous

2 Likes

I am tired of people like you likening stalking to this.

I was actually stalked, ended with an arrest and my aggressor having a gun.

You are playing a game, coming to a forum and upset that people reply and call that stalking? And worse you change your character to carry on the same behavior you complain about.

Stop likening a situation you can leave to stalking.

5 Likes

This is not harassment, this is a two-way street. Battletags would make alt hopping basically disappear. They would not be able to communicate with you at all, unless you choose to view their postings.

3 Likes

I cant really see why it would be necessary to post on multiple characters. After all, we are providing opinions on things as a person, not as a character. I still believe the cleanest, simplest way would be to have a forum ‘account’ where we sign up (once per account) and create a forum name and pick an avatar image, and we post everything as that avatar.

I’ve never been able to work out a negative for that idea. Other game forums do it: I have one for my ESO account so it will always be that name/image that posts there (if I did, which I dont much anymore). You can still include character info there if you want to, or you can retain the anonymity of a forum avatar.

1 Like

awesome so you were stalked in real life - so people can’t be stalked online.

odd there are actually laws calls ‘cyber stalking’ laws. maybe you should take it up with the legislators that online stalking isn’t a real thing.

Define stalking. I did not intentionally follow you here. I was tagged to this thread, as already explained. Am I whispering you in game, sending you mail, joining your guild, posting on alts?

3 Likes

Figured common sense would fly right over those multiple heads.

You missed that part. Oh and this one:

You are so bad faith it scares me.

We are not saying cyber-stalking isn’t real. We are saying that you were not stalked. You were not harassed. You were not personally attacked.

3 Likes

you missed the facts

see you can’t stop - even though I didn’t respond to your previous post - lie after lie after lie. That is why you can’t just put people like you on ignore.

Tell me Marla, have the police come to your home for your forum complaints?

You are a disingenuous fool. Because something exists, it doesn’t mean this is it.

Let me guess you google your health conditions too. Ever notice that everything there is cancer?

You are in a public forum, I can reply to whoever I want. You are proving my point even more.

You are too stubborn to see the delusional thinking. Explain to me what the ignore function does. 1-account vs 400 alts.

1 Like

Sorry I linked your thread and put you through all this!

I’ll be back sometime on Wednesday, hopefully something changes!

1 Like

Anyone with an account in good standing can post and reply. You don’t get to decide who can reply to you. Disagreeing with you, and saying so repeatedly, is not harassment. You have not been “attacked” and you are not followed. You come into threads about forum posting methods, and state your thoughts. The same others also care about the topic and share theirs - which don’t line up with yours.

If a post breaks the rules, report it. Otherwise, if you don’t want to see posts by someone put them on Ignore.

You don’t get to create an echo chamber where you post your thoughts and are free from other’s opinions.

7 Likes

Shh it’s an expression i’m hoping will take off

Alternatively one can also say, “to get socially contracted”
Its kinda catchy

1 Like