A forum suggestion for Blizzard

I don’t like the idea. It gives creepers a way to find you if your trying to avoid them perhaps or if they follow you online from the forums.

3 Likes

You can’t “follow” someone with their Battletag. In order to see if someone is online or whisper them, you need to be mutual friends.

I’ll go a step further, let’s make it a forum specific avatars not coupled to the game at all. You get one to set up and customize and that’s it, that’s your presence here. The avatar icons could be wow NPC characters so you can show your love for your favorite.

This would stop folks trying to poke holes in others opinions because “you don’t even have X achievement”, I’ve done it and after thinking about this, it’s not cool. If anyone wants to link their profile, they can.

It would also stop these strange people that have conversations with themselves or post the same subject several times.

Something needs to change, or the trolling is going to run even the die hard of us away.

5 Likes

you didn’t read my comment correctly and then decided to insult me because of your inability.

that isn’t a fact - that is your opinion.

Not really, you can see their character here and join the guild they are in easily knowing who they are.

1 Like

You can do that now?

1 Like

you sure can on this forum - just like you did when I left that other thread and made it obvious I didn’t want to discuss this with you and guess who you decide to address in this thread because I posted on the same character.

you still didn’t read it correctly

it has nothing to do with you talking to others.

I addressed you because you are spreading false information. I don’t understand how you think 1 account - 400 alts is more secure and easier to deal with harassment than 1 account. Again, I have asked you to explain your reasoning and you keep dodging. You don’t explain anything, you just express your disapproval.

Your version of explaining is basically, “no, bad idea”.

It is a fact that if someone wanted to harass you, all they need to do is swap over to an army of alts. No amount of “ignoring” will work. Real victims of harassment are forced to switch their own posting toon to avoid it.

3 Likes

I was not spreading false information - you were. It is a fact when they were making this forum they originally planned to have it be btag like the other wow forums and then because there was an outcry, blizzard went to the expense of getting the software company to modify it so it could be character posting.

I repeatedly explain things to you and you just ignore it. I literally explained it again in this thread and you ignore it because you don’t feel my concern is valid. In addition, you acknowledged you understand me because you suggested I just put someone on ignore. Putting someone on ignore isn’t the solution in my case - it doesn’t stop anything.

And this is blizzard’s definition of harassment.

Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being uncomfortable in the forums.

I am uncomfortable when people go into threads time after time after time and the only person they address is me - to attack my point of view and everyone else with the same point of view they leave alone in most cases.

The outcry was when Blizzard attempted to convert the forums to RealID. Multiple people have addressed you with this. You are the only person to think it was Battletag in the past. You would think more people would remember it being Battletag and not RealID if it was this controversial.

2 Likes

no it wasn’t - that was on the old forum - not the switch to this new forum.

The fact that they “defined” harassment by using the word harassment means it isn’t a definition.

You are basically uncomfortable being outside of an echo chamber.

1 Like

I think the forums are almost completely on autopilot. I don’t think they’re moderated very much, and I don’t think the devs visit the forums very much.

So… you’re probably right, that they won’t see this, for better or worse.

The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being uncomfortable in the forums.

here you go - I consider your actions harassment.

Please stop.

personal attack again.

1 Like

You can ignore, but because of the current system I can just alt hop. Imagine if it was Battletags and I can’t do that.

Laughable, again. “Personal Attack”

3 Likes

Oh but this is an entirely different thread. And once again, this is not a soap box. Sosari can comment in any post they like.

What you are doing is what you complain about. You invent a new definition of harassment depending on the day here, so if you feel so slighted why come back? It’s not required to post here to play in the slightest.

Sorry Sosari, packing for a trip today, thanks for answering for me!

2 Likes

you can stop talking to me - like you would if I just switched characters. Because you at this point are just harassing me.

I’m proving a point. One that you fail to see. How Battletags would be much more secure. The point is, currently the only way to avoid actual harassment would be for the victim to switch characters. Which doesn’t seem fair.

1 Like

Ugh i want to reply so bad but they’ll falsely social contract me :angry: