A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

I agree which is why I didn’t put anybody in this thread, on ignore.

It can still be a “debate” even if it contains a logical fallacy. You have performed the biggest fallacy of all: Fallacy Fallacy which is to assume my conclusions are “wrong” because you think my posts contain a fallacy. That’s a fallacy in and of itself.

That’s everybody here LOL

Oh boy, I’ve never called anybody a “Troll”, the way I’ve been accused of being. Sounds like a whole lot of projection, to me.

Yeah, it’s a nice way to run away from your ideas being challenged :+1:

You’re welcome!

EDIT: It’s (also) funny because you’re like “Piper should keep posting to increase the post count!”, yet here you are putting me on ignore (and encouraging others to do the same) to discontinue padding the numbers, the irony writes itself!!! I can’t make this up!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for looking out :wink:

The key to all of this is simply to not respond to me, and I won’t respond to you, it’s as simple as that. I only kept responding because people like you keep responding to me.

1 Like

Yeah, all good. Do feel free to keep trying if you want to, just expect to be quoted and taken out of context in her replies. I have definitely seen worse trolls on the forums to be sure, but having to constantly go back and reiterate my posts after they were broken down and taken out of context to be used against me just stopped being worth it after a while.

Your mileage may vary. :smiley:

Thanks.

3 Likes

Piper, you have shown clarity in argument as well as patience in response. I respect that.

While I do hope they release fresh servers (and believe it likely even), I feel as if you made some good points. Mentioning the business side as one, meaning of course they will decide what profits them best, whether short or long term.
It’s easy to think of this game as somebody’s baby, which maybe it is…But at the end of the day, it’s all about making money. To understand that is to find that balance between a metered expectation and warranted disappointment in almost any video game at this point in time.

1 Like
  1. They weren’t taken out of context. I just showed you how silly you look.
  2. You structured your response EXACTLY the same way I did, earlier! Yet, it’s OK for YOU to do because you want to make yourself some kind of “ring leader” but not me because I’m painted as “the villain” in this scenario, and “villains” don’t have the same “rights” as you do, right?
    :roll_eyes:

And, you can merely just stop responding to me (or not engaged with me, in the first place) without having to put me on ignore. It’s much easier. I guess, for you, it’s really not.

Yep, I can handle being ganged up on and hold my own without needing “the majority” to be confident in my words.

Even though, you’re not responding directly to me, you’re responding indirectly towards me. I believe the only name I called you (which was after the fact) was “cowardice”. Despite expressing that I wasn’t calling you a “coward” just your actions represent “cowardice” behavior. If you don’t want to be seen as a “coward”, then I suggest you stop behaving and acting like one.

I’m going to be blunt and say that you’re too cowardish to face me, directly and instead attack me indirectly to try to “save face”, for your own self. I genuinely feel sorry for you, I really do, that you choose to handle your problems this way.

You’re welcome.

Thank you.

I think new servers are likely. It’s just a HOPE they implement them without boosts (which, in my opinion would defeat the purpose a little) and without transfers (this seems likely as Blizz has done this in the past).

Unfortunately, I believe Blizzard will put the boost on new servers and these servers will not flourish as well as we might like.

The hope is still there that they will not though.

1 Like

Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things.

3 Likes
  1. “Flourish” in what ways?
  2. Not that anyone cares, but I would appreciate it, if we (a general “we”, no one “we”, in particular) would stop assuming that what we (as in a possessive “we”) want is somehow the same as what other people want and claim ourselves as “we” instead of “I”.

I hope that Blizz doesn’t make NEW Servers, doesn’t have the Level 58 Boost Feature and just creates BC completely “fresh” and separate from Classic, entirely. That’s my “hope”. Not that too many agree with that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I do understand how the paid boosts can help combat the real money/gold issue, but hopefully not on a fresh server. I would still start fresh though, no matter how it’s implemented. As a casual, solo player I have to love leveling and alts and such, otherwise there is no game for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same here!

3 Likes

All in all, I just want to say, that we (I do mean this thread, and those in favor of this thread) do want the same things. Personally, I can only speak for myself, and others can chime in, if they agree or not, I didn’t want a BC where Progression could be brought over. I (personally) wanted an entirely “fresh” BC Game completely separate from Classic.

It’s unfortunate the way Blizz decided to go about it and complicating the way Perma Servers will be handled. Which is why I don’t think NEW Servers is really the solution to this problem. It’s only adding more fuel to fire, by the time Perma hits.

Yes, here’s to hope!! :crossed_fingers:

Remember, there were no RP-PvP servers originally intended to be created for WoW Classic and there was absolutely NO cash shop incentives for Blizzard to create them, but we have two of them today. Good changes can happen. :smiley:

Thanks.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t hold my breath on there being no Level 58 Boost Feature. You’ll get your NEW Servers, but that Level 58 Boost Feature will NOT be turned off.

Yep and even if you disagree with those changes, you can still take the time to understand why they exist like Connected Realms by the time Perma hits.

You’re welcome.

By the time Perma hits, I’m hoping for Seasonal Servers with a paid service to save/archive Seasonal Server Characters onto the Perma Servers, by the time Seasonal Servers self delete.

On my Alliance Character, I have gold on a different server… I am a new horde player on a realm with no access to said gold. And yes I do need to get some gear to fill in the gaps while leveling.

it was and hence why I bought said green gear from your above comment

Your missing the point of my original comment that new players now have to spend more time farming just to be on the same level

Again I am talking about playing as a new character… i decided to change factions and relms to play with friends. we are all new to this realm now. I have plenty of gold as a human mage… but not on my fresh character and hence the issue here with the markets being so messed up they become an issue for new players

yea cause you could scratch a lotto and win millons… like are you trolling here or purposely not seeing both sides of the argument

like yes you can slowly level farm your gold and catch up to the realms market but that takes months and puts you behind the curve… whats your argument here… nah dont do fresh servers cause it will affect me and my character on an established realm… it wont go play your wealthy character… our proposal here is based on known facts that blizzard theirselves have brought up through the years with the release of new expansion but dissreguaring now on classic though it exponentially worse due to the way we min/maxed
smh

1 Like

Yeah, for me the boost would kind of kill the vibe a bit. But, I’ll give it a shot either way.

1 Like

I looked at a gold buying site, 100k gold is 3951.45. So if somone dropped a cool 4 g’s for a sword that is ludacris and not even close to the norm

1 Like

I would prefer new servers without any cash shop conveniences, but then again I am very "Old School". :smiley:

I would probably play on new servers that also offered the level 58 boost, but the experience wouldn’t be as genuine as without one. If the boost is made available on those servers then more of the min/max and Retail tourists would be incentivized to play on them and while more people in an MMORPG can definitely be a good thing, I think the experience would be better with like-minded RPG’ers who enjoy playing the game rather than paying to skip parts of it.

Opening new servers and keeping the boost and/or transfers to them would not be all that different from just giving people a healthy pre-patch time to level their Draenei and Blood Elf characters before release of TBC Classic; I.E. giving the new races time to catch-up to where the boosted characters would be at TBC launch. I would probably still play in that environment, but it is sort of like drawing the “Second Place Beauty Pageant Winner” card in Monopoly… :slight_smile:

Thanks.

4 Likes

It would be such a shame if Blizzard doesn’t implement at least a few fresh realms. They were a thing during the initial launch of the Burning Crusade. You can Google “timeline of the creation of US realms” to see for yourself.

I don’t understand why people are trying to gatekeep those of us who want them? We’re not saying to delete all of the current realms and force everybody to restart on fresh realms. Everybody can still play their current characters. I would play both.

There are a lot of positives that people have already mentioned so I don’t feel the need to reiterate.

7 Likes

Many people didn’t bother with Classic because Vanilla isn’t a balanced version of the game, and many stopped playing Classic for the same reason.
TBC Classic is up there with the “best version” of the game that it’s ever been, there will be a giant surge of new players so yeah, Fresh servers would be needed for that alone.

The fact I had to say that at all is lol.
You should know this. But you’ll think of some other weirdly negative reason for no fresh servers, I’m sure.

6 Likes