A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

Sure you do, I’m just curious as to why you keep pressing that opinion so hard. It just feels like you have some sort of grievance, or it will affect you in some manner. So I ask why let it bother you if you wouldn’t play it anyhow.

I plan to continue on my current medium pop server.

If I had my way…BC would be released completely “fresh” and ZERO connections with Classic and no Level 58 Boost Feature.

Of course, that would upset the majority wanting to bring their progression over into Outlands :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get all the hostility towards the idea of some new fresh TBC Classic servers. :man_shrugging:

Thanks.

7 Likes

It’s an ego issue. Some people simply cannot comprehend that others might desire something they don’t. Therefore, those others must be wrong. So now they spend hours and hours every day trying to validate their personal preference by trying to invalidate others’.

8 Likes

I tried explaining it to you, but you call me a “Troll” and put me on “ignore”. Very informative :+1:

You’re welcome.

Projection. I’m not the one with such a bruised ego to place every single person who disagrees with me on ignore.

Mhmm. See, that’s coming from your end and not me. Not once, have I said people wanting NEW Servers is “wrong”. Nobody is “wrong” for wanting what they want. I’m the one being told that I’m “wrong” for believing what I believe. All I’ve ever said was I don’t agree with creating a bunch of redundant NEW Servers, as it’ll cause more problems by the time perma arrives. However, there’s no doubt in my mind that Blizz is going to provide NEW Servers (but, that Level 58 Boost is going to remain on).

I’m just trying to approach the subject matter as an ally (which I am, despite what some, not all, believe), but you keep treating me like an enemy merely because I’m not parroting nor chanting EXACTLY what you want me to say LOL

EDIT: I’m just supposed to “shut up” and only chant “‘Fresh’ Servers, no Boosts, no Transfers! ‘Fresh’ Servers, no Boosts, no Transfers! ‘Fresh’ Servers, no Boosts, no Transfers!” without question! Sorry, I’m not that kind of person. I think it’s important to question and fully understand what you’re preaching, before you begin…well…preaching it LOL

Hmmm… Interesting take. I personally am not for the boost. I have never used the 3 (or 4? Forget how many I’ve accrued over the years) boosts I have in Retail. They are all up there at the top of my screen where they will stay. I know there are people who love the convenience of them and I can see how they could be valuable for alts or trying classes you don’t normally play, but to me they are akin to showing up at a Dungeons and Dragons game and telling the DM that I will play but I have to be level 20 and I want all these items I found in the Dungeon Master’s guide on my character. :smiley:

To me, leveling and building your character is part of any RPG and if I don’t enjoy that experience, I simply go find another RPG to play. Easy-peasy. :slight_smile:

Humans… :roll_eyes:

Thanks.

4 Likes

The past saw many new servers because the game was growing strong, and Blizzard didn’t really know what to do back then. After some expansions, they had to merge and connect dead servers, because, for an MMO game, dead servers are the Achilles heel that quickly rots the game. Logging into dead towns is why people unsub, and it’s a vicious cycle that must be broken.

From Blizzard POV, the new servers do not bring in more money. Those that like the game will play on any server regardless of the server’s age. IT’s not like a hot selling feature that suddenly brings in thousands of new blood. Then there is a risk of thinning out the population of all servers by opening new servers at launch. They will eventually have to go clean up the “dead” realms after some months when the launch craze subdues.

The best solution is to wait and see. Blizzard already said they will Look at creating new servers after the TBC launch. If the launch isn’t successfully, there is no point in opening more servers to let them rot.

WOOT!! Over 5K likes!! :partying_face:

And growing!! Let’s hope Blizzard notices it, eh? :wink:

Thanks.

8 Likes

Oh they’ve already noticed for sure

4 Likes

These likes are not for the OP, it is for the entire thread.
So if pirate-players-wannabe-freshers keep liking each others comments, like it is happening, it will flood the topic with unnecessary likes.

Also, there 319 different users, and I have already shown that several people are posting with their alts (you can clearly see people showing off their alts in the very first 80 posts) and they keep posting.

So yeah, fresh is not happening, it is a delusion, people are over-hyping it without any feasibility, just wishful thinking.

1 Like

imagine being this salty, negative, and “gatekeepy” XD

4 Likes

Agree, its odd but the no boost people never really had an argument to begin with.

KK, not going to address most of that as this appears to be a highly emotional issue for you and I don’t want to push you over the edge. And it is so nice to finally get an official response from Blizzard, whom you seem to represent; even if it is not a very good answer.

However, I have to ask…

What are “pirate-players-wannabe-freshers”?!?

Are they players who are also pirates? What do they pirate? Or are they pirates who pirate players who are wannabe freshers? Or are they players who play as pirates who then also wannabe fresh? If you don’t wannabe fresh can you still play as a pirate or pirate some players? Is this some original combination of words or did you read this somewhere else and thought it applied? So many questions… :smiley:

Feel free not to answer if it makes you too angry. I’m not trying to stress you out here, I’m just genuinely curious. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

4 Likes

I hope you get better. There are several videos about emotional intelligence you can watch online. get better soon!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Many thanks for the laughs. That was kind of like the response you get from a low level A.I. when it cannot quite make all the links necessary to accurately process your request.

Classic!! :smiley:

Thanks.

5 Likes

Amid the sniping, I may have lost track. AIUI the argument against fresh servers amounts to two or three things:

1. They wouldn’t have the desired function of a fresh TBC economy by the time toons leveled enough to go to Outland, thanks to bots and gold buyers, so it’s pointless.

2. They would be worse than the current situation, because bots and gold buyers would assign to them preferentially. (This is a variation of 1 above and the source of the “or three.”)

3. They would dilute the player base to the point standard servers, and possibly fresh ones, are hindered.

Did I miss anything related to game and play quality? I know there are necessary business/revenue arguments I haven’t addressed.

Yeah fresh would be nice. No reason for people to be against it really. Bunch of weirdos in this thread.

10 Likes

It doesn’t create significant wealth for Blizzard while it has some risks of having dead servers after several months. No new sub is earned just by opening servers.

And they already said they will look at it after TBC launch.

for classic. no mention of tbc fresh

4 Likes

For TBC there won’t be “fresh” servers. They might open new servers to receive free transfers to relieve high population servers. If necessary.