A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

This is why people be broke! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

true. then my gnome mage, has to go farm more dungeons lol

he needs some shadow weave. :smiley:

Obviously, I have no Gnome Mage. Practically, every single one of my characters is a Human LOL

However, Teenybanka IS a Gnome. Barjandiya is a Troll, but I’m probably going to delete her. I was thinking about preparing for Horde side BC Classic, but I decided against it. I really need to delete the Level 25 Prue Warrior. I’m never going to play that version of her, ever again. Really, I only play Piper, Paige, Prue, Cole and Teenybanka. The other two, I don’t. I do have a bunch of Nelves on Pagle, though. It was to test out a Mega Server, and if being on an RP Server is “better” than a PvE one. From my own experience, the communities seem to be the same. I will say that the RP Servers do tend to be just a TAD nicer, but if you look hard enough, PvE Servers still have nice players on them.

yeah guild i’m in is nice.

1 Like

First, my thanks to the people who put their time into these threads about TBC fresh servers and the economy in Classic. You helped me form some opinions I didn’t know I’d have use for.

Second, remember “green is the new purple” from the original TBC launch? I wasn’t ready for Outlands on any toon, but I remember hearing that from friends who were. This line reminds me that, from what I heard, early TBC was a crush of people in late game dungeon and raid gear, who found they had to upgrade in short order for the new content. That’s the quintessential TBC experience, and to have it, even with the economic warts of a server that knows what’s coming and can save for it, I wouldn’t switch to a fresh TBC server. I play for character progression, and early TBC progression is messy and wild. That’s what I missed last time.

As for the effects of the economy and people with gold capped toons on this experience, I don’t see it being as awful as some do. Said players can afford flying mounts faster than the rest of us, yes, and it’ll be sad to see those populate the air as quickly as they no doubt will. Otherwise, though, they roughly can afford to buy high-end BOE gear from. . . each other. The rest of us are left with our own worked-for progression, which is what I love about the game in the first place.

It’s easy for me to say these things, of course, since I’ll never be a server first anything. Just look at my gear if you don’t believe me. :wink: And I would love to see bots curtailed as well as humanly possible, for reasons starting with the belief that active players should have a chance to gather rare materials themselves. I hope there are plans to watch out for level 58 gathering bots, even with them limited to one per account. It might also be interesting to see gold caps (per account) enacted the next time we do this. I do think, already, that there will be a next time for Classic and TBC. The persistence of private servers taught me that.

So here’s what I think I’ll see down the road, and it’s pretty good for me: Whales will make it harder to buy high-end goods for a while, and flying mounts won’t be as rare as one might like. A little AH work will make it easier for plebeians among the rest of us to get their epic land mounts. World and server firsts will happen quickly. But the servers won’t top out their average guild raid progressions any faster than Classic did, which leaves a year or two of fun for the rest of us. Then it’s on to WotLK, and some more fun.

If those of you who want fresh TBC servers get them, more power to you and I hope it’s a blast, but I’m here for as much of the original craziness as I can get.

4 Likes

The real issue with this section is how rampant this all is. id go as far as to say on my server 70% of players will have epic flyers the moment they ding 70 and equally as many people will have a combination of t3/BiS BoE professions gear crafted the moment they ding 70 due to infinite mat stacking/infinite gold supply, completely trivializing all of t4 for all of these players and anyone involved with them. IF this was such a small subsection of the playerbase id say fine leave them to do as they please, but I see this being a much larger section of the playerbase than ever intended

3 Likes

And where is your proof of it? I would love to agree with you once you can show me from where you gather the data to determine that 99% of the wealthy comes from bought gold.

I used to play on Benediction, I hardly think that is the case as I never read it.
It is like admitting to a crime, openly. That will get you banned ,for sure.

This last quote combined with the first quote, makes me believe that you are either straight lying and making it up, or you just watched a video where someone lied, you bought it, and come here to spread FUD.

I can only hope that’s not true about the flying mounts, but as for the crafted BiS, they still have to grind out the as yet nonexistent materials. I remember crafting one TBC tailoring set on a retail server, and it was horribly time consuming. I assume you’re also concerned about botting so rampant that it becomes easy to get the materials to auction.

I loved your entire post but I really appreciate the way you sum it up. Thank you for that. I realize it is not exactly support but that is part of what makes it great.
You are a wonderful example of someone who would NOT be utilizing a fresh server and by saying “more power to you” it implies that you are okay with it - but not really exactly “in support” of it. However, you articulate your thoughts well and you step out of the way and realize that it would be a good thing to some people if it happened.

Thank you for your support, active or passive it is appreciated.

1 Like

People are making up their statistics with nothing but arsepulling.
But it is not hard to say that any player still active from early classic until today, has at least 10k gold ready for TBC. At least.

And yet, losers will still try to come out with fearmongering/FUD about how bad will be TBC with the gold players have today like they have no idea about what they are talking about.

you just seem completely disconnected from the reality of classic. ive been in nearly all the content in this version of classic wow, 5 or so guilds ranging from casual to sweaty min max parsers across alts, pugs etc. Ive seen at least 50 pug environments openly discussing in the raid chat where gold was bought, how much, talk in the discord of it, people jokingly making fun of the person for not buying gold or not believing the person due to how common it is, as well as having seen someone bid 98k gold for a 1h sword from naxx. its not realistic and its not sustainable. People bought gold - more than non. dont need to delve into actual statistics to know that if youre not walking around with blinders on

2 Likes

Given that Blizzard specifically said boosts are to help new players who didn’t play Classic and have nothing, I fail to see your point.

Blizzard is simultaneously creating a massive market of players desperate for gold, and giving bots a much more efficient farming machine. That’ll go well…

Also, by your logic no one would be buying gold right now since they should have no need. Bots shouldn’t even exist.

In any event, just make a fresh server option and Blizz effectively solves the issue. Believe me I know the risks rolling on a fresh server. But it’s still infinitely better than an established one. And the broken economy is only one part of the equation.

4 Likes

No, I’m not?

Good, so am I, just few guilds than you. And people playing to clear the content and have fun.

I have already made a math that you could get nearly 200k gold in less than 2 months playing wow consistently.

You shouldn’t believe what people you don’t know say. They might say this on discord, make you believe that buying gold is cool, then you go and get banned. I know several people who got caught buying gold and got banned, so yeah, I find hard to believe what you say.

And again, you’re stating that more people bought gold than people who didn’t buy. With no evidence but only what your “guts” tell you.

Hard to believe in anything you say anyway.

1 Like

I get where youre coming from but once again seems disconnected. To believe this is all a giant rue/prank from people so others buy gold! Ha gotcha! its totally not more believable that thats how they got the gold to fund a 100k purchase of a trivialized sword. Its clear you dont support fresh servers, and/or are someone who probably fits into my described demo of gold buyer and are taking offense to these opinions by running around creating red herrings for why things panned out the way they are. If you truly believe most of these people farmed 100k gold to toss away on a single item I admire your naivety as I wish I still had mine and have some snake oil to sell you.

I guess as a final point - since all of us ARE wanting fresh servers lets change the narrative. why SHOULDNT they make fresh? I want to hear the counter argument that isnt gatekeeping saving us from our demise of rolling on soon to be also ruined servers, because we can fend for ourselves and handle what we are asking for

2 Likes

And why are you mixing apples and oranges at all? I was talking about people buying their flying mounts on level 70 ding, which will happen regardless if players were playing this game consistently.

The boost isn’t exclusively for people starting on TBC. They are the main target, but Blizzard knows well they player base and know that a LOT people will buy this. So yeah, the loud minority will be crying until - and maybe after release - about boosts, but the majority will be playing and caring less / nothing about this fearmongering.

Cool story bro. Please elaborate more.

By my logic most people do not buy gold. It was so easy to get it that it makes me cringe whenever someone come with statistics coming out of nowhere (arsepulled mostly) that most people do buy gold.

Also, please stop with this straw man “by your logic”. You don’t understand logic at all, otherwise you would be making compelling arguments and stating correct points based on what I just said instead making things up.

They will create another issue.
First you complain about bots and gold sellers. Well, let me tell you: fresh servers is the 1st target of them. This is where people will be most vunerable to it.

You might say “oh those on fresh will not buy gold”, but then again, you don’t know that, in the same way that you are so certain to say everyone is buying gold now, what makes you think people will not go there to buy gold? The payoff is greater. Everyone will be a loser there with no gold, if you buy gold there you will be the king of the fools, right? So do bots.

Once the “pristine” players find out that their “pure” fresh server is full of gold sellers/buyers and bots, they will stop playing. Ghost town. dead servers.

Then again, why bother at all. People who are losers today in classic will be losers again in TBC. They think the market is crazy now with the amount of gold there is, but they think they will be the king of the hill in TBC on a fresh server, which is another fallacy they keep saying maybe to convince themselves.

and Im repeatedly telling you, myself and others do NOT care lmao. We will take our chances. cant be any worse than currently is. Would you rather sit on the sinking ship or take your chances swimming against the sharks. You have no actual rebuttal besides gatekeeping what others do. Saving us from ourselves is the worst argument ever.

I also need to highlight the irony of the statement that “losers in classic will be losers in TBC” as if there is a winner and loser to MMOs. Most telling statement ever that you view the game in a vacuum and have a win at all costs mentality when you should be playing for fun

1 Like

It is not disconnected. It is pure logic. You keep saying everyone is buying gold, but your only proof is: . Yes, there is no proof.

But let’s make a compromise and say there is a % of players who buy gold and not get banned. They are a minority group that maybe has a good scheme to avoid being detected.

Now you accuse me of being a gold buyer/seller just because I pointed out that you have no idea about what you are talking about, and you have no proof about what you’re saying. And just like that, all comes from your “guts”.

I do not support fresh server because this thing is a pure BS, and I have already explained so much why it is, that you either cannot read it or you are just not reading at all.

So you don’t care that your server will become full of bots gold buyers and sellers. Thanks for proving my point. This is all about “not being the loser in the existing servers”.

It’s quite obvious that Blizzard reps have been instructed to not say anything on the topic of Fresh servers, which feels pretty incredible in that Fresh servers with the launch of a new expansion should be in the forefront of discussion.

6 Likes

Mhmm.

In that case, I won the lottery, today. You know I said it, so it must be true :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: