A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

staff of jordan has dropped 200g in price from 600g to 400g. still too expensive for a new player, but thats not the point – the economy has ground to a halt in anticipation of tbc and when tbc hits, everyone except draenei, blood elves, new and returning players, will be always 100 steps ahead. its not 10 steps ahead like original tbc, its off the charts. people with so much gold, they could buy most of the stuff on the ah in one sitting and still be rich. its ludicrous!

3 Likes

Could doesn’t mean that they will. I started late in the Classic Game. I wasn’t around RIGHT at launch. Yet, I was still fine and able to play the game. The Game itself does a fine job in getting you where you need to be/go even in Classic. You don’t need mountains of gold to get through the content.

I certainly don’t have mountains of gold, yet (for some reason) a lot of my friends are shocked to see that I have accumulated 2kg Server-wide. I’m sitting at two 60s. 1 with an epic mount. 1 character is 57, atm and really close to 60. My Mage is 300 in Herb and Alch.

My Priest is 300 Ench (who is my 60 without an epic ground mount). And, my Warrior (who’s the 57) is sitting at 287 Mining and 270 BSing. I have A LOT of Thorium to find. I just sell what I can and wait, patiently. I have no desire to be “the richest” player in the game.

Just enough to skate by :slightly_smiling_face:

it’ll be alot harder on established servers, for new players/draenei/blood elves that arent alts, to get ahead. take for example the staff of jordan. selling a stack of light feathers likely wouldnt be enough gold just to pay the list fee for the staff on the ah. might be enough to train some spells/abilities but eventually that gets obnoxious too. that ah fee is nothing to sneeze at. now i know they could advertise in trade and skip the ah fee, but these people are gonna be so broke vs everyone else.

1 Like

“Ahead” of what, exactly?

I couldn’t care less about that thing.

Which is why I avoid using the AH like the plague, when I first started out.

“Obnoxious”, yes. I only trained for Frost Spells on my Mage. With the exception of some Arcane Spells like Polymorphs, Arcane Intellect, Conjuring Food & Water, etc.

I agree, neither are the FP charges. I carefully set my Hearthstone at Menethil Harbor. Easy Boat accesses to the Northern and Central parts of Kalimdor. Along with an easy FP to IF and take a quick tram ride over to SW, to get to the Southern parts of the Eastern Kingdoms.

Define “broke”.

I’m not the best with gold here. It’s all about spending your gold wisely. Which is why I always suggest the Mage over any other Class, along with the Warlock. 'Cause those two Classes don’t spend gold too much.

A lot of people are talking about the economy reset. To me, this would be a plus of fresh servers, but not the biggest draw.

The biggest draw for me (and several others I’m sure) is that it would be a fresh leveling experience with a lot of people out in the world again.

12 Likes

and this is precisely the issue. those are solutions for when the game is new. but this game has been going for 2 years, and people have accumulated so much stuff that all they need to buy are raid buffs. this will bleed over into tbc, as they will corner the ore/gems/cloth/leather/enchant markets. new players/draenei/blood elves and returning players, deserve the same chances we had/have

2 Likes

I still don’t know what “issue” you’re referring to, though.

They’re the same solutions whether it’s “new” or “not” :roll_eyes:

So?

What “chance” exactly? What are you talking about? I (literally) told you I didn’t start at Classic launch. According to your own definition I am (supposedly) “behind”, but I’m not. I played my cards right and got to where I am because of my own work which is EXACTLY what you’re supposed to do. I really don’t understand.

Yup, it’s more than just a broken economy. It’s about the journey. Forging a community as everyone partakes in that journey.

10 Likes

i have a bit of an idea. i played at launch and managed to max out a mage. then i left for several months and when i came back, i was so far behind the curve, i could only make gold by either dungeon farming or selling boosts and i refuse to sell boosts. the one time i did it, i had them loot everything so it ended up that it didnt cost them anything. nothing is selling on the ah unless its raid buffs. i have 2 pair of petrospill leggings, a popular twink item for bg twinks… not selling because everyone who needed them already have them. a sentry cloak…not selling. etc. its gonna be rough.

1 Like

What “curve” are you talking about, though? Like, I really don’t understand what you’re trying to tell me, right now.

You mean to tell me you can’t sell end game mats…really? I don’t believe that for a moment.

Again, none of that is relevant. As in “relevant” enough for so many people to buy any of that stuff, rapidly.

When you start from nothing, yes, it’s “rough”. But, you do the work to get yourself out of it. That’s how it works!

i have tailoring and enchanting. i hadnt maxxed out enchanting before i left, and its expensive. and there is so much cloth out there right now from all the dungeon farming…

i feel bad for new players cause they wont even have the advantages i have and i’m still poor compared to many others. like i still dont have epic mount. new and returning players will work their butts off and have to compete with people with so much gold that they dont even have to buy anything anymore

1 Like

I like to self farm. What you do is hoard every Green you can and DE them, as you go. Follow a Guide. Alts are good too and just mail over all the Greens you gather, to your DEr.

Enchanting as a first Profession, however is not a smart play, IMO. Herb/Alch is better, IMO. Then, you proceed forward with Enchanting. Which is exactly what I did. Going Enchanting first, you’ll have to take the much slower approach.

i have an herb/alchemist but herbs not selling unless they make raiding mats. lol i tried to sell a stack of swiftness pots, no buyers! cause they have so much gold and likely alts that make their pots for them. yikes-a-rollie.

1 Like

I don’t believe you, when you say your Herbs are not selling. Plagueblooms, Dreamfoils, Mountain Silversages, etc., DO sell. Lower tier Herbs like Blindweed, Golden Sansam, Arthas’ Tears, etc., don’t sell well on the AH.

I don’t have Alch to sell Pots. I have Alch to make myself Pots, when I go out on adventures. Herb is where my money making is at.

my herbalist is only on goldthorn. remember, i’m a returning player. my herb/alchemist is only level 40.

1 Like

Ah, so you’re trying to sell irrelevant Herbs, got it. Although, Goldthorn isn’t too irrelevant. I like to use Goldthorn, for whenever I want to make me some Restorative Potions. Requires Goldthorn and Elemental Earth. Speaking of Elemental Earth, that’s a VERY relevant item. Just kill some Rock Eles out in the Badlands. It’s around your level :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Don’t need any Professions to farm those.

i pulled up several lists of lucrative farming spots and paid each of them a visit. apparently everybody pulled up the same lists. lol the other day i tried to farm water elementals on stv hidden isle. well a horde lock already there, banished my targets. lol so i left. i tried gorilla cave in ungoro on mage. another mage already there. etc etc etc!

1 Like

Although I myself will not make use of a fresh 70 server since I’m already established with a guild, I see absolutely no harm in them offering fresh servers to those that want it. If I was not tied down I too would take the option with the hope that Blizzard would better manage the gold/boost problems the second (third?) time around.

5 Likes

That’s the beauty on being on a high pop realm :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m blessed to be on a Medium Pop Realm. A lot of things play a factor, here. What exactly do you need gold for, though? I only use gold to pay for abilities and sometimes some mats, if I really don’t feel like farming.

profs, my epic mount, alts, their profs, etc. my mage is supporting all my alts because the economy is in freefall. i’m the only 60 in my guild without epic mount lol… hey waiiit for meee guys. haha.

1 Like