A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

Right now the economy sits on a game that already ended and is waiting / trying to get as much gold as they can for TBC.

If you are buying green gear at this point, you’re doing something wrong.

It doesn’t sound real, but it could happen, I was denied several times from several dungeons during classic. I doubt the real reason was because you had grays on you.

You :clap: can :clap: farm :clap: your :clap: own :clap: mats

If you are not wealthy at this point of the game, you will not be again in a fresh server.
People use to think that they lost their shot at being rich in the game and that is why they cannot cut in, but here is the thing: they will not cut in again.

Sure, real-world inequality. If only killing a pork could drop an epic quality weapon you could sell for millions.

Im leveling Alliance on Fairbanks. Currently at 38. There were a decent amount of ally leveling up 1-20, but after I feel like im alone. There are plenty of horde however, so that keeps me preoccupied at least.

1 Like

A company isn’t going to bend over backwards and change their entire formula for you, or your 100 friends on a forum. People asking for new servers be it classic or TBC are doing so in vain because it’s a way for them to pay for TBC/classic. Not to mention people wanting it might represent .001% of the wow population.

I’ll chime in here.

First off, I like that you are reasoning in the debate instead of just harassing. Thanks for that.

However, I dare say that giant outcry - which approaches, if not overwhelms the amount of people who were berating Blizzard when they announced that there would be no RP-PVP servers - is proof enough that we do not represent quite such an insignificant piece of the population.

Sure, the forum warriors are absolutely the minority. I generally feel like the loudest voices on the forums represent 5% of the community if that.

However, there are many silent aggregates on both sides - and the outcry feels close to 50/50 on the server in terms of voices heard. So rarely is the divide seen that splits a community so evenly.

2 Likes

hes been harassing on multiple threads, dont give him any credit lmao

1 Like

some of these are good points but youre straight up neglecting that 99% of peoples wealth on these mega servers is bought gold; people literally type about where they got it in every raid/LFG all day every day on my server

3 Likes

You can just add it to the 200 million dollar yacht fund

Unfortunaly at this point i’m losing interest in fresh servers because Blizzard is taking too long to say something about them. I don’t know if it’s even on their radar. So i’ll probably just start a new character in a existing server right now, even if that’s not what i wanted. I still hope they announce fresh servers in pre patch, but at this point i’m personally not that optimistic.

As i’ve said before, the sooner they announce it, the more sucessful it’s gonna be.

1 Like

I appreciate that you’re trying to view this with an open mind. Perhaps I can help with one little piece that you’re missing that ties this all together.

Currently there are 3 types of realms- PVE, PVP, and RP (with a few being PVP). These servers have different rules and stuff like that, but the real difference is the type of player they attract. The community (or lack thereof) on any given server is a result of the type of playerbase it attracts.

A big part of the desire for fresh, no transfer/boost servers is the hope of drawing in a certain type of player to create a community with a certain feel and way of doing things that is a bit different than the typical wow servers. People that value the journey over the destination. People that would rather see 5 epic flyers on their server instead of 5000 and be happy for the 5 knowing that those players earned it.

Will people try to exploit these servers? Of course, but I believe those exploiters will get less traction because the type of player these servers attract would be fundamentally against that type of transaction to start with.

I hope this helps. The community we hope to foster with fresh no boost/transfers is the thing so many people miss. A good community makes all the difference in the world for a game like TBC.

5 Likes

Actually history has already proven you wrong a couple of times. First, we were told there would be no WoW Classic, but we kept asking and lo and behold here we are!! :slight_smile:

Secondly, when they announced the servers for WoW Classic there were originally not any RP-PvP servers announced. Again the community asked Blizzard for a few of those and lo and behold we have those now as well! :smiley:

As far as trying to belittle the request by making it seem petty or small, the thread thus far has 24.3K views with 4.9K likes. That’s quite a bit more than “me and my 100 friends.” :wink:

I will never understand the hostility generated by this simple request. It will not harm you in any way. You will be able to continue to play with the min/max and Retail tourist crowd and purchase as many cash shop conveniences as you want to. And if we do not get any new servers I may or may not continue to play on my current one, but I definitely will play on a new fresh TBC Classic server with my fellow RPG’ers.

When TBC originally came out, Blizzard introduced brand new servers in anticipation of having some new people subscribe to the game. If their reasoning about why they are giving the boost is genuine, it means they also expect more players to start playing TBC Classic when it releases. Creating a couple of new fresh servers in each region with no cash shop conveniences would be a small thing to Blizzard and a large one for the RPG community.

Seems win/win to me. :smiley:

Thanks.

4 Likes

Just popping in to say “hello” to all of my frenemies. I don’t have anything else to add to this topic. We all know where I stand.

No to NEW Servers, but yes to Seasonal Servers. Also, I agree about turning off the Level 58 Boost Feature :slight_smile:

You’re welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

i think the after effects will be the actual problem. new and returning players, many of whom will roll draenei and blood elves, will be so far behind the curve they will never catch up. this will lead to sub loss. itd be best if they made a few fresh no boost/no transfer tbc servers and encourage new players/blood elves/draenei, to roll on fresh

1 Like

2 Likes

To be fair, we don’t know if the level 58 boost feature will be available before Outlands goes LIVE. We do know that Belves and Draenei will be released and ready to play with before Outlands open. So, that’s the time to play “catch up”.

Just wanted to chime back here specifically to give this one a +1… Wholeheartedly agree.

Yes, I also have this concern since I will be one of those Draenei players. :slight_smile:

I know Blizzard plans on releasing the pre-patch before the actual release of TBC Classic, but with no dates set or timelines announced, we don’t know just how much time there will be between the two. It might help or it might just be a small head start. But with a couple of new fresh TBC Classic servers with no cash shop conveniences, everyone can level up at the same time and gradually enter the Dark Portal at their own pace. Sounds fun to me. :smiley:

Thanks.

7 Likes

a month is a drop in the bucket compared to 2 years of earning power. i’m on a high pop pve server, and nothing is selling except raid utility items, like food buffs. i have a host of twink rares in my bank and an epic that will not sell. these new tbc players, draenei and belfs, unless they’re alts of current players, wont be able to sell anything but jewelry and considerng the competition…/shakes head…not good, not good at all.

1 Like

how dare you gatekeep how other people don’t play the game!
/s

2 Likes

Maybe because that stuff isn’t all that relevant :thinking:

They sure as heck can! Light Feathers has helped this lowbie player that IK of who has no 60. Why Light Feathers? Because even in BC, Mages and Priests need them for Slow Fall and Levitation.