A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

The fact that you dont think the “service” aka the boost has any bearing on any other player showcases immediately that either 1. you are willfully ignorant of the butterfly effect it causes and boosting and botting already causes 2. you dont actually think its more than a singular players boost which is much more worrisome because it shows a very shallow way of thinking which is ironically very similar to politics

1 Like

ah yes the low intelligence fallacy that we must hate it because we are envious! another very good classic elitist telling us plebs how bad we are at the 20 yr old game! so smug and intelligent

1 Like

easiest rebuttal ever lol 1. there will always be bots and boosters but the demographic they will be selling to is much less inclined to heavily partake as they are willfully opting out of that choice already and going fresh. how is that not blatantly obvious? 2. the TBC experience now is nothing like it was then, just as the current state of classic is nothing like original vanilla let alone classic wow 10 months ago. the current iteration of classic is basically retail its so watered down with only boosters, gold buyers and raid logging.

1 Like

Because unless I woke up, it is 1940 and I’m in Germany, I still have the right to talk my opinion. Instead of talking about the opinion/idea, people in desperate then start talking about the persons.

Then where do you plan to play?
I think you should create a character in Thalnos or Sul’thraze. These are the only dead servers where you will not have to play with any “min-maxer” as you wish.

A big draw of a fresh server is the prospect of leveling and questing with a large amount of players in an environment full of activity. Rolling on a dead server doesn’t really fill that need.

5 Likes

Thalnos / Sul’thraze are literally dead. If the people that want “fresh experience” (omegalul pirate server thing), going there will allow them to have similar.

This is our game now anncilla. OUR GAME.

1 Like

what zansobar said but at the same time I personally know 15 people that want to play TBC on a new server for nastalgia reasons but only with fresh servers cause they dont want to deal with shiet economies and having to spend months gold farming once leveled to catch up with current market

5 Likes

What do you mean by “catch up with current mark”. Is there a competition over who has more gold?

yes there is in a sense. The AH is ran by the current market value. For instance, right now on any given server, you can look at the price of say green starter leveling gear sitting at 1-3 gold. Who do you think is buying this gear, not fresh to the server players. Its people with alts and disposable gold.

So that now trickles down to who can lvl more effectively, those with gold. Heck I even was denied from a Wailing Caverns run at lvl 20 on a shaman for still having some grey items.

not to mention the cost of lets say low level ore… people are selling and buying at a high gold price to stockpile for resale at relase for those jewel crafters. again not obtainable for fresh character and thus driving up the cost of everthing on the AH.

all in all fresh characters are hindered in all aspects until they take time after taking longer to level due to not having advantages of wealth to catch up in gold to match the market.

The parallels to real-world wealth inequality are quite fascinating and id love to see an economist mager write a thesis paper on it, much like the CDC did with the corrupted blood incident

7 Likes

well i just found out today that Omar quit to join Dreamhaven so probably not XD

Well, OK it’s now a smaller hope. Still here’s hoping for some fresh new TBC Classic servers for us RPG’ers!! :smiley:

Thanks.

1 Like

Here is one spot I disagree with you. It will differ for a couple reasons.
One, it will be a significant number of months behind the servers in which the economy is crippled.
Two, it will be fundamentally different with the roll-out of the TBC servers as they intend to roll them out. No boosts. No cash-shops. These are differences.

I am not actually against the boosts. I understand that some people prefer TBC content and do not want to dredge through classic to get to their favorite point in the game - or at least their favorite between tbc and classic. I have nothing against boosting players. I understand why the boost exists and I have nothing against it nor do I subscribe in that silly elitist belief about killing or disliking people because they boosted.

I simply recognize that the boost will greatly empower the real entity I would rather try to steer away from. The bots. Will blizzard fix botting? No. That is a pipe dream. They have not corrected botting in over 15 years and it is foolish to think they will start now.
On the contrary, while Blizzard allegedly acts against extremely obvious bots you cannot deny the fact that these bot accounts are also generating them income. Likewise, after a boost is introduced these bots will be generating an even larger influx of cash. You could even argue that it would be renewable as any banned bots would simply make a new account, resubscribe, and repurchase their boost. More money. Blizzard is a business after all. Say what you want about them. They value their bottom line.in terms of dollars and cents. And they do it well.

As a final statement to this specific point I will even admit that I do not look forward to going back through level 1-60 and regearing a character that I literally just did in classic. I want to jump into TBC as well!! It was my favorite expansion, after all. I have a couple geared toons, enough money for an epic flyer, bank alts full of transmute and profession goods and other things I suspect will be valuable. However, I will happily jump ship and dredge back through classic myself again with my friends to experience what I believe a fresh non-boosted, non-cash-shop server will offer in terms of difference.

Having players on the ground developing characters helps to spot and report the bots.

At the end of the day the only person responsible for implementing some system to prevent it is Blizzard. We have no say in that. The only thing we can do is report the bots as we see them. However, I doubt there are too many players spending time running around the lower level zones reporting the bots.

I imagine there will be even less players doing this if boosting becomes the norm. Or do you feel differently for some reason? If so, explain that logic please. I am interested to know. The boost would also allow the brand-newly boosted bots to go farm solo inside BRD - one of the most lucrative locations offering over 150+ gold an hour. How would we even see them to report them. The only indication we have on this form of botting is a /who command and that is unfortunately no more than speculation. Report or not, it is a guess. You think Blizzard is going to monitor every rogue, guilded or not, who is soloing BRD?

What right do you have to report the players when there may be some who are legitimately there actively playing and earning gold for themselves?
See the dilemma?

So to boil down the reasoning more accurately for fresh servers is because I do not like automated programs that break the game fundamentally. Yes. That is correct. Additionally, the differences in server design proposed would be less convenient for bots (and players, but I am willing to submit myself to it).

Personally, I find this reasoning pretty sound - and not so messed up - really.

I hope this addresses your concerns more accurately.

5 Likes

Blizzard originally said they had no plans for RP-PVP realms. There was a huge forum outcry (similar, possibly even less than this current outcry for fresh tbc servers - coincidentally).
Blizzard recanted and made a few RP-PVP servers.
This is what we want.

And you are neglecting the fact that they already acknowledged the production of fresh TBC servers. They said that for the moment they just plan to produce a smooth transition to TBC classic - but they intend to keep an eye on it.
The cynic in me wants to affirm that this is merely code for: “we plan to make fresh TBC servers to make sure we maintain those subscriptions also; however, we feel like we can rake in a lot more money from releasing the servers with boost options FIRST because we do not want to split that community prior to allowing these players to pay for their boost.”
Then they will swoop in “saving the day” and offering us some fresh TBC servers.

Granted, that is the cynic in me. But Blizzard has a history of siding with the money before the customer satisfaction.
I am very confident we will get fresh TBC servers. But I am unfortunately put off by the feeling that they will be possibly be weeks later than the rest of TBC launching - so I would have to wait and dribble with anticipation for the fresh servers while knowing there is an option to play TBC and never truly knowing for sure that the fresh servers are coming. That would entice many to buy into the boost I feel like. And once players invest into the boost they may feel a little frustrated with the prospect of starting over on a fresh non-boost server.
That said, I would.

1 Like

I certainly hope Blizzard actually gives us some indication of their intent either way. It would suck to just be left in the dark until after they think they have gotten the lion’s share of cash from the min/max and Retail tourists only to THEN announce fresh new TBC Classic servers.

Here’s hoping anyways. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks.

4 Likes

Definitely my greatest fear about fresh tbc classic servers…
I hope they break the silence.

It would be like a second Christmas if they announced that we would be getting fresh TBC non-boosted servers releasing with the pre-patch - that will then gain access to outlands at the same time as the patch… But I fear that is a pipe dream.

I am sure there will be zero bots leveling on fresh servers. I do support them having fresh servers though as it doesn’t affect me. You thinking that fresh servers will be the number one target by bots is what’s funny. Fresh servers means less bots on other servers which is why I support it.

I support boost and fresh severs but what you anti-boosters fail to see, a lot of players want to boost as TBC is their favorite expansion and they want to be able to play that content. If they started at level 1, by the time they got to Outland they would be so far behind.
You claim all this other stuff about materials, dungeons and what not, I am currently leveling in classic and the world is DEAD. Only thing in LFG is boost ads. And do you really think all the level 60’s will go back and make level 1 just to do the things you say. No they will run through the portal and not look back until after 70.

This is why many players want a boost so we can play with the people that have been playing classic the entire time, not after 2 months of leveling.

So, I am guessing none of these players want to play Draenei or Blood Elves? Because they actually don’t get to boost…

I have been leveling some alts with my wife and we run into people all the time. Your server is definitely NOT the whole of all servers in WoW Classic. :smiley:

Again, no Draenei or Blood Elves for those people?

Thanks.

2 Likes

No they are not leveling Belfs and yes the realms I am playing on are dead accept Pagle. But on Pagle, once I hit 30’s I do not see quite as many.