A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

Alright so no real argument just here to troll gotcha.

4 Likes

I have always had difficulty with this argument from the pro cash shop people myself. “Just don’t use the boost. It won’t affect you…”

But you have to remember most of them come from the Retail side of things. Retail stopped being an RPG long ago and barely counts as an MMO with the exception of instances. Since most of those players only ever interact with other players in instance play, it makes it difficult for them to remember what an actual old school MMORPG was all about.

As for the argument that our requests will fall on deaf ears. Well, maybe…

But you also have to remember there were no RP-PvP servers originally scheduled for release with Classic WoW and the dedicated voices like many here on the forums got that changed. So, I believe there is still some hope. :crossed_fingers: :smiley:

Thanks.

5 Likes

How many of these posts are you all going to make? If it happens it’ll happen, but creating thread after thread to go against something (boosts) and wanting something (new servers) surely has to be tiring. Maybe if you had leveled in classic you would be at a level that doesn’t make you jealous of a level 58. At this point if you still think a boosts is a bad idea you’re either very far behind, or don’t have the money to pay for one and want one, or you are just joining a group of people to yell at something.

We’re not all anti-boost we’re all pro fresh servers get your facts straight. Also opinion discarded since you didn’t even read OP.

2 Likes

Perhaps if you actually try reading some of the arguments made in the threads rather than coming up with your own condescending “reasoning” you will be able to answer your own questions. Except this time with facts rather than insults to maybe help make you feel better about yourself? :slight_smile:

Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Again, you sound exactly like the Wall of No trolls.

1 Like

I read the post, in it’s entirety. A likely thing you would say to make it seem as though I’m uninformed. I read what you want, you want a new server so you can restart and have the game go exactly like you all wanted and imagined it to. Classic happened. It’s almost dead. Eventually in the future they MAY restart it, but they will also have a server they never get rid of so people can play that character forever.

Let them have some time, they’re working on TBC now. Classic is not important.

What facts have you provided? Every single reasoning is assumptive at best since we will never have basis to conclude on.

Every person who posts has an opinion, doesn’t make it a good one. Just because you thought of something and someone else agrees does not make it correct or good or viable.

I don’t believe you actually read it prove it by saying two reasons why you think we want FRESH TBC servers :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

You can’t really argue against the OP if you don’t understand it have not read it.

2 Likes

It’s sad, but true. Many posters simply look at Classic TBC as if it was Retail. Blizzard also falls into that category, given the Blue post on the subject.

This argument that boosts don’t affect other players would be…more true in regards to Retail. It would still have a small impact, but not like it will in TBC. The fact is for many years now Blizz has chipped away at the journey and made it virtually irrelevant. You don’t need or require other players. Thanks to cross-realm technology, even the ones you do see you’ll probably never see again. There’s no community. Other players might as well be npcs. In fact, you have more interaction with npcs than players.

As for the economy…there is no economy. Players want for nothing. They can just buy gold. Gear progression doesn’t exist as progression doesn’t really exist. Everything is scaled to you, but here’s some heirloom gear so you don’t have to even acquire anything during the two afternoons of leveling to get to max.

Of course none of this is true in TBC…but it will be. Give it time. Blizzard is taking the game back down the exact same path that sucked the mmo elements and the rpg elements from the game. We’ve seen where that leads, and Blizz has no issues doing it again. And some players cheer. I just want my fresh option.

4 Likes

Ok two point from the OP:

Point one:
New servers will prevent the gold problems.

Counter point:

Fresh Servers will not stop the gold inflation, if anything the gold-sellers will flock to these new servers. New servers mean new markets with players all starving for gold. They will mostly focus on these servers, they can sell less gold for more money.

Second point:
We want to experience TBC all over again.

Counter point:

Any TBC server will allow you to “experience” TBC all over again, make new friends and a new community. Just pick a different server anytime you like and you have just this.

I don’t really feel like but it’s going to happen anyway is really an argument. We’re trying to avoid that by going to a fresh server and we will and we can be diligent and report bots easier since we’ll be leveling normally

1 Like

But how is it going to be different? Classic started with everyone at level 1 and it happened there. How is “it happened already” not a valid argument? Do you not think there have not been many players that reported bots, flagged suspect AH posts, etc, in classic?

Can you somehow stop players who enjoy buying gold from joining your servers? Do you have some new tool or addon that helps you identify bots easier and if so, has Blizzard changed their processes in some way that they are going to act on these things quicker or more effectively?

If not then a fresh server will be like all the others VERY shortly.

1 Like

I believe they will not join a fresh server and they will stay on the damaged servers

2 Likes

Maybe, they will, maybe not. I can see players looking at fresh servers as a new place to exploit. If a player likes to buy gold and wants to make that gold more powerful, they may very well look at a new server and say, “I could buy 1000 gold and be a god there!”

That is essentually what happened in Classic, some players decided buying gold was a way to get a jump start on a new economy, they bought gold, and starting gaming the AH, turning 100 or 1000 gold into a lot more quickly.

I do not see having fresh new TBC servers is going to prevent that problem. There will be players that want to start from level 1, the gold-sellers will go to those servers and within a short time some players will be tempted and will buy the gold. You will be right back in the same spot as all the other servers in short order.

In a normal circumstance I would agree but you would not be able to re-locate this gold like many people that abuse in such way rely on.

No, that is true, but even Classic started from zero and we see where we are now.

History is doomed to repeat itself here.

The gold-seller will be on the new fresh servers and there will be players that get tempted and end up buying from them. That is unavoidable in WoW today.

My fear is you get what you ask for, but without sweeping changes by Blizzard to address the core of the problem, the fact that bots, gold-sellers and buyer exist, your new servers will be no different than all the other servers in 1-2 months.

This shows me you actually either haven’t read the post and arguments or your reading comprehension suffers a bit. We are asking for new and fresh TBC Classic servers with no cash shop conveniences on them. While I am sure there are others who may be wanting new and fresh Classic servers, that is not what I and many others are advocating for.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

1 Like

I was never wall of no, however I admit I was years off in my guess for when classic servers would happen.

Side note, speaking of Wall of No, you sound just like the classic zealots who never bothered to think about the repercussions of classic servers being released and how blizzard would release them. It was nothing but stomping their feet like spoiled children. And now there will be three versions of the game running at the same time, and entitled classic zealots are demanding fresh vanilla and TbC servers to go along with the others.

As if fresh servers are some new concept? They released 20 fresh servers right around TBC’s release. If the demand exists, they’ll do it. The demand definitely seems to exist. So the fact you’re dug in against the idea really doesn’t matter. And you can continue to hurl insults, but if wasn’t for people asking for such things, then Classic wouldn’t even exist in the first place.

3 Likes

i dont even think the boost/cash shop/mount is the best argument for fresh, but rather the fact the new races will be so far behind all the super rich and established players, particularly if they are new to the game or returning after many years. we should get fresh options and people making draenei and blood elves, should be suggested/encouraged to play on fresh.

1 Like