A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

Now look, let’s not make this complicated man. This is simple. We don’t want boosts in our game. What can you do for us? Why you gotta cater to one community and not to the other?

This ain’t rocket science

8 Likes

listen I could get into the semantics of this for hours and we’d prolly never see eye to eye. Case and point of it all is players like myself who are more traditional and dont like the boost/the state of the minmaxed gold bought classic servers want an opportunity to have fresh servers. This is indisputable unless being gate kept by people who feel insulted that others wont be partaking in their epic conquests that weren’t even 1% authentic. And honestly it becomes more glaringly obvious with the counter posts I read WHY these servers failed so many and why so many players like myself are willing to relevel and redo ALL of our time put into the game to isolate from players. Ive seen only a handful of legitimate responses and all the rest have been completely confrontational/smug attitudes about opinions, but still nothing you said disputed a single solution I offered. I can immediately tell you’re one of the players thats making others want fresh servers to avoid them lol

6 Likes

Trust me, the feeling is mutual!!!

if thats true you should be pushing actively for fresh servers! lol but the urge for others to witness the gold bought gdkp t3 set is too strong

3 Likes

Luckey spends his days here telling everyone to respect how he wants to play the game, while at the same time tells you your request for a fresh server is dumb, a waste of time, will be deserted.

He’s not here for a discussion. He’s here to argue.

9 Likes

just another example of the modern retailer/classic wow player who came back to the game not as to play the game but to beat the game by any means necessary while only deriving joy from everyone else praising them for doing so.

2 Likes

All I see with these rampant anti-boost trolls is people I don’t want to play with anyway. Let them move on on their existing servers. Will there be some such players on fresh? Sure…but I think to a far less extent than what exists on servers right now. Therefore, the community of a fresh, boostless server is likely to be a better community. People who share similar values about the experience, the journey, community being paramount. It would be fantastic to funnel those players into a new server.

4 Likes

agreed, thats becoming the most anticipated part of all of this. its basically modern politics in the form of video games. divided straight down the middle, so give each side their choice so they can go on their separate way

1 Like

They want to cater to one community and not the other so, there’s no reason for me to play. Then refuse to meet our concerns and needs… then run down our arguments… Make fun of us… Tell us you’re going to do it whether we like it or not. Then tell us that HAHA you’ll never quit the game. Then report us if we disagree…

3 Likes

I am still hopeful that somewhere within Blizzard’s corporate headquarters that there are still at least a few old school RPG’ers like myself that see the benefit of making just a few new servers for TBC Classic with no cash shop conveniences on them. Of course the issue then is if they can actually get their voices heard over the monotonous drone of greed and avarice that would view such servers as “lost revenue” due to “only being funded by subscriptions.”

I know they have to struggle to come up with enough money to pay Bobby Kotick so that he doesn’t fire another several hundred employees to maintain his bonus, but I am still hopeful. :smiley:

Let us RPG’ers have new fresh servers for TBC Classic with no cash shop conveniences on them, please. Just a few is not asking for much in my opinion. Let the min/max and Retail tourist crowds continue to play the game the way they like and let us play the game the way we like. I know you get more money from them as they buy their way through the game, but I would hope our love for the game and subscription will at least appeal to some segment of Blizzard as a valid reason to do this. It does seem win/win to me. :smiley:

Thanks.

5 Likes

Sorry if I am not providing you with the echo chamber you want.

I think the main reason is that Blizzard has not done that in the past, give some players a new server because they did not like an aspect of the game.

Take the AV problem months ago. The communiy was as divided on that topic, some wanted the AV from one version of the game, others did not.

Blizzard did not decide to create new servers with a different version of AV to make everyone happy. I doubt they would change their stance on this issue either.

It’s not your game level 10 orc warrior. When you get over being that entitled come back and talk to us.

Pretending that “both sides” are the same here is ludacris, just like in politics. One side is demanding a special server over a feature that has zero impact on them and they are not forced to use.

The fact you say it has zero impact on them demonstrates your inability to look at the issue objectively. It’s an mmorpg. Everything is connected. Removing millions of potential characters from the 1-58 experience by definition will have an impact. All of those characters would have been out questing, or doing dungeons, or doing low level bgs. They’d be gathering and selling materials, getting recipes and gear that also get fed into the economy. Earning gold with which they buy things. Interacting with other players. All the things that make an mmo an mmo. And you say removing that from the game has no impact. That is a factually incorrect statement.

By the way, ‘demanding a special server’ is precisely why Classic exists in the first place. I heard all these same silly arguments for years from the Wall of No crowd. It’s as bad an argument now as it was then.

You don’t want to play on a fresh server? Then don’t. But plenty do, and if the demand exists Blizzard has no reason not to give the option. And look around…the demand exists.

8 Likes

We’re not asking for a special server because of this one feature. It just happens to be a lot of us including myself don’t like that special feature and it would defeat the idea of fresh anyway so it shouldn’t be in it.

Also comparing video games to real like makes you look dumb.

2 Likes

Learn to read, I was not the one to bring politics into it.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and let you start over whats your argument?

1 Like

Yes, a handful of people having a mental breakdown on the forums = a demand.

Do I get a special sever if I dont like the patch TbC starts on by the way? How many of these should blizzard make do you think?

1 Like