A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

there is one possible solution to that - et. al, no extra fee for fresh no boost/no transfer, but boosts and transfers are delayed till a good portion of the active fresh characters have started outlands

2 Likes

naturally, because wotlk is a new game. i often start brand new chars at expac launches because the expac changes how the game functions. i feel the need to relearn my fav classes and use of their new abilities is not a bad thing. also, as many have pointed out, fresh will eventually decay into bots and boosts anyway.

If we want to be technical over semantics, this fits the description of all classic servers that were ever rolled out.

It is less an issue of NEED as it is an issue of WANT. Similar to how RP servers were not NEEDED - but they were WANTED… and now you have them… but our request for fresh is somehow less relevant.

You can get a community of people together and go RP on any realm that exists… the designation was not needed… but it was desired. As is ours.

This would be the most likely way I see Blizzard implementing any form of “fresh” server, and as long as the delay were apt - like 6 months, or phase 3 or something like that I would be content with it.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Often on fresh servers transfers were blocked, for a period of time.

I rolled on Fenris back in 2006 when it was launched a bit before the tbc pre-patch, it had queues to log in for weeks, it was packed filled with people leveling.

Eventually people dropped characters, moved elsewhere and when transfers were up we went from queues to low-medium pop. Slowly from there it was just a slow trickle of players leaving as the progression on lower pop servers (even medium) couldn’t compete with the progression raiding scene or pvp scene on bigger servers. It was merged in with 3 other servers years later.

In TBC 1 guild managed to get into Sunwell, with a KJ kill
In Wrath no guild managed to get a heroic LK kill

That’s what a fresh server would look like.

Exactly, so I don’t see the point in creating NEW Server, after NEW Server, after NEW Server.

I agree Wrath (and BC) is a new game. And, I plan to “start over”, as well. Unfortunately, “fresh” is not what we got. And, I’m not going to support NEW Servers that’s harmful to my Perma experience.

No, it’s not. Though, I agree with additional ones being made after launch (extra PvE and PvP Servers). But, if semantics is all you can argue, you’re shifting the goalpost.

Difference being there are multitudes of Normal and PvP types of Servers. Only 2 RP-PvP ones and 1 single RP server that aren’t in abundance as PvE and PvP. We don’t need extra servers, to add to the Perma Listing.

EDIT: I don’t want another RP Server. There’s no need for it.

There never was a NEED for it… but somehow your want for an RP designation is more righteous than our want for a fresh designation.

hmm maybe no transfers then? seems transfers start the problem for all servers that arent streamer/arena territory

2 Likes

I didn’t say “righteous”. In fact, it’s you who keeps placing your movement on the pedestal and claimed to be “more important”, and I don’t stand by that.

At the very least there should be at least one Server Type for these Perma Servers: PvE, PvP, RP and RP-PvP.

There’s plenty of PvE and PvP Servers to select from, on the Perma List. We don’t need anymore.

once per expac, a fresh pvp/pve becomes a perma. think they’ll go cata? if not, that means 4 total fresh permas.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion time!

While I do not 100% agree that this is the norm it is a fact that this is how some new servers have gone…
Incendius was NOT a new server and it also went this same way… So it is a real possibility for ANY server. Though I am sure some would agree that the possibility is higher for fresh/new servers and there may be some merit in that.

As you said, there are always exceptions.

And finally, the unpopular part of my opinion:

I would be okay with this, even if it is the case… This is a request we are making… If it turns out to be a flop then it would be a problem we created for ourselves, and therefore if we wanted badly enough to fix it we would have to transfer out with our own money, or accept whatever solution Blizzard doled out for such servers. CRZ, connected realms, whatever it is…

3 Likes

IK this, and we don’t need them in Perma, is what I’m saying.

I think all Servers are going into every expac.

Which we don’t need.

It already is a “flop”. Classic was “fresh”, and we’re the ones that caused the mess.

I do not accept this, and don’t want to be forced into it, thanks to you lot.

Allow me to simplify it then, since you are beginning to see this as an attack and failing to see the relevance of the point being made.

Assume with me, for a moment that RP servers never existed… Blizzard never decided to go back on their post and create RP servers at all in the first place…

You would likely still want an RP realm to call your own - a ruleset for you and your community. I would totally understand that, as I do now…

So I somehow doubt that if this were the case - and no RP realms existed - you would be saying:

Instead, I would wager you would be more inclined to say something to the effect of:
(and no, this is not me quoting you because you never said this. Instead this is me inferring an assumed mindset)

“I don’t particularly care if fresh servers become a reality. But you know what would be nice? There is an entire community, Blizzard, that would love an RP server distinction, if you could consider making these a reality, that would just be great!”

The problem is they’re two different things. There’s already different types of Servers to choose from. While I wanted a “fresh” BC, too. It’s not what we got. And no amount of NEW Servers is going to change that, when the end result is the same.

because thats the life cycle if its not gonna be secured by gms. every server populated enough to attract the gold sellers, will end up the same way

2 Likes

EXACTLY!

so we shouldnt have a classic then. cause its just gonna degrade to gold sellers and bots. game’s over. :grin:

2 Likes

That wouldn’t keep people after the new server glow fades. People would just quit or reroll elsewhere and people wouldn’t even be able to transfer there to make up the difference.

I mean, I kinda want Blizz to do a fresh server just so people can see the cycle with their own eyes and come up with every excuse as to why it ends up low pop a year from now.

These are the most populated servers on retail (NA/OC)

|1|Area 52|PvE|en| 2007
|1|Illidan|PvP|en| OG
|1|Mal’Ganis|PvP|en| OG
|1|Tichondrius|PvP|en| OG
|1|Zul’jin|PvE|en|OG
|1|Connected Jubei’Thos|PvP|en (oc)| Jan 2006
|7|Sargeras|PvP|en| OG
|8|Stormrage|PvE|en|OG
|9|Bleeding Hollow|PvP|OG
|9|Thrall|PvE|en| OG

Area 52 is actually an exception, being created in 2007 as an overflow server for overpopulated servers

January 16, 2007 as the destination realm for transfers from the overpopulated realms of Bloodhoof , Gilneas , Icecrown , Lothar and Stormrage .

Other than 2 servers there, the original servers remain populated, and popular. In the earlier days there was more of an incentive for some guilds to transfer to newer servers, Death and Taxes, Drama and Dread I believe all came from Blackrock server, but due to server lag making raiding difficult many went to overflow servers such as Korgath which for many years kept a very sizable and balanced server pop.

Those issues don’t really exist anymore, and don’t really exist in classic. So a lot of servers that have guilds that want to speedrun, and progress want to be on big established servers with a pool of people they can easily recruit without having to beg people to transfer or poach people from other guilds.

I just don’t think the classic population is overflowing to the point where a new server is needed when there are many, many dead servers as it is now.

1 Like

No, we should because I’m not afraid of Bots running around and trying to run away from them. That doesn’t fix the issue. NEW Server after NEW Server doesn’t fix the issue.

technically, we arent just asking for new - we want level 1 servers, just like classic launch, but tbc and 2 new races.

2 Likes