A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

Love you man! I’m glad you can make light of the situation. We need that; its healthy. We want people to at least take into account the points you made so poignantly. I’d simply rather have fresh than zero competition.

1 Like

I wish I could heart you more than once! Thanks for voicing your support.

2 Likes

So was the idea of Vanilla servers and TBC servers . . .

So what?

4 Likes

I never played on any personal or private servers. I tend to stay “100% legit, no sh!t” - a little motto I like to say to myself whenever I see game exploits and what not cropping up -

But once I heard that there were going to be official servers for classic wow I immediately jumped on board. It was a fresh start and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Sometimes it feels like a pipe dream to hope for fresh servers without boosts or cash shops because I am confident I know the intention of the company - money, not customer satisfaction. But just like the people who were requesting RP servers back in the day may have felt like their request was a pipedream, I have to believe blizzard will come through for this request in a similar capacity.

9 Likes

Keep the dream alive

6 Likes

Pretty much how I feel as well and I’d be willing to bet a lot others.

4 Likes

Yes, I am hoping that someone at Blizzard is at least monitoring this thread and the number of positive posts it has. I know not everyone who plays also visits the forums, but it should at least give Blizzard an idea of the level of support this request has.

Thanks.

4 Likes

I’m getting so worn down hoping this will happen. Trying to stay motivated for a fresh or seasonal server announcement before I cancel for the 4th time

1 Like

how do seasonal servers work?

Not sure, saw some ideas where they would reset after a set amount of time.

Seems like the best part of the game is the leveling process, making nee friends, ect.

1 Like

Fresh servers will absolutely not allow immediate transfers. They never have. There was always a period before you could transfer there. Boosts…it’s hard to say. They could very easily disable them for the same time as transfers. But forever boostless servers probably are a pipe dream. They’re not going to spend time and resources on the boost system, the npcs, the quests, the items and never use them on certain servers. But seeing as they’re 1 per account…it’s kind of irrelevant since people will have used them up on other servers before they become available on fresh servers. The only real issue I can think of is bots using boosts down the line, because boosts are tailor made for bots (contrary to what some clueless posters say). But if Blizzard actually did something about bots, gold selling and gold buying that wouldn’t even really be an issue.

Anyway, I continue to hope for the fresh option. It’s becoming more and more likely that’s the only way I’ll play TBC. I know I’m the minority in that, but the significance of the journey and beginning anew along with everyone else is quite important to me.

6 Likes

well there’s a possible solution regarding bots and boosting on fresh - they could offset their losses by charging a fee for fresh no boosts/no transfers. and if the fee was juicy enough, use some of those profits to hire gms to police botting

3 Likes

And I, and others like me would be willing to pay that fee. So I support the idea, frankly…

But the problem with a fee is the same problem for those players who would have a hard time affording the boost, or the character transfers in the first place… Not everyone has the disposable income to pay for such a thing… especially when you consider the fact that what you are literally paying for is a “NON-service.”

thats where retail comes in. hehe. cant ya buy up sub time with tokens and non spent portions can be spent on store stuff? i would think that’d include extra costs for classic era stuff

2 Likes

It certainly is an interesting idea.

Though the people who are highly dedicated to the notion of classic and TBC classic are less likely to be willing to spend any significant amount of time on retail… but then again - that may be part of the point, lol.

I think as anyone who has ever rolled on a fresh server that got released for a new expac as Blizzard tended to do until…cata can attest…

Fresh servers are very popular at launch, then promptly die within a year and have very tiny populations who slowly or rather quickly transfer off as soon as they’re able.

There’s exceptions, but mostly the most popular servers in retail are launch day, or close to launch day servers. People in general want to be where the cool kids are.

1 Like

fresh would likely go perma once wotlk classic launched and since there’d likely only be two fresh per region (pvp/pve), i dont that will clog up perma

Yes, IK, and I don’t like that. It’s additional Servers being saved/archived, that don’t need to be.

Disagree. I can see it, now, next expac “NEW Servers, plz”! Just more unnecessary servers than we need.