A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

Just making a small observation… I am not an anti-booster but I do want some fresh non-boosted non-shop servers…

I cannot help but notice that the vast majority of the times I have checked in today have had topics revolving around fresh servers, boosts, pay to win, or why blizzard is not addressing these things in the top 5.

I wonder if Blizzard is taking notice of these things. I hope so.

5 Likes

Very well written. I am not for the boost, but have come to understand now why a certain crowd are wanting to use one. At the end of the day, this is a game and should be played for fun. And fun means different things to different people.

Having written that, fun for me would be to have some fresh new TBC Classic servers created with no cash shop conveniences on them; or at the very least have the cash shop conveniences not available on them for a certain period of time. (like at least a couple of months)

However, I would think from what I have seen about the new quest(s) and kits being offered to the boosted characters that Blizzard are quite busy at the moment trying to figure out all the kinks involved in adding a character boost to a game that was made before “pay to win” was a thing in MMORPGs. You have to remember when the boost was first introduced into the game back in Warlords of Draenor, Blizzard had already stripped the game of most of its RPG elements. I would imagine creating a boosted character was a lot easier then than it is for Classic WoW. :slight_smile:

But I can see why they have had to create the quest(s) and kits as many of the Retail tourists would be completely lost in an old school MMORPG. Can you imagine the forum posts and outrage over why someone’s skills are not automatically leveling with them as they level up? Or people asking about talent points or ammunition? I would find it all quite funny, but I imagine the folks from Retail would not. So, I imagine at the moment that Blizzard has their hands quite full trying to test and implement a system into a game that was created long before cash shop conveniences were even a thing in MMORPGs. :smiley:

Thanks.

6 Likes

I’d love to play on a completely fresh server which captures the true mmo experience of thousands of characters going on a long journey together. Build a community. Not see endless boost selling and boost buying spams. Just…a fresh start for anyone who wants one. And for people who missed it when Classic first launched. Even if it’s just one server of each type. It would fill a much desired need.

5 Likes

fresh would do the completely opposite. all the gold farmers would leave the current servers create new toons on the fresh. go farm as quickly as possible because people there will want to buy gold at higher prices.
It would be fresh but not for long… until GDKP is banned in game, people will have lots of gold and want to buy gold from other people farming it.

you can’t create fresh and ignore the problem, Blizzard don’t care it can’t be hard to track down 1000’s of Gold being sent to level 1 toons that are being used to sell it to other people. more than 500G going to a level 1 should at least warrant an inspection of what happened to that gold. did it get sent between your own account or did it get sent to someone else’s account.

Bots will come to all servers so it doesn’t matter if it’s new or old server. The difference would be it would take a bit longer until bots actually start destroying the economy.

You have to understand that bots and blizzard are working together. The amount of profit blizzard makes off bots is amazing, why would they instantly ban them. Instead they do ban waves which means bots make back the money and make a profit before the ban waves come again. This means blizzard will never fully get rid of bots because they benefit too much from them. So it’s a never ending cycle which none of us can control.

I’ve reported bots before and seen them a week later still in the same spot…

Bots use low pop servers to farm (less chance of being caught depending on what/how they’re Botting) and high pop servers to unload their goods (as fast as possible).

Not a direct quote but there was a recent interview done on The Auction House podcast with someone who has bottles since Legion, and he broke it down.

Fresh server with low population will be swarmed.

I don’t know why the forums ate that post, but they did.

Anyway, a fresh server means lots of players out in the world. Which means players noticing and reporting bots. In that same interview the guy said that’s how they get caught.

On top of that I don’t see bots abandoning the realms and characters they’ve invested time and money into to acquire a vast fortune. Also, presuming there’s no transfers there’s no way to get the gold off anyway. Furthermore, with no 58 boosts bots lose access to a farming machine they can immediately hide in dungeons safe from being reported.

Beyond that I believe for the most part the type of player who’s interested in a fresh, boostless server at this point is the least likely to buy gold. They’ll tend to value the journey, building a community. Not buying their way to prosperity. So it’s not a great market for bots.

Long way of saying I think fresh servers are the type to have the lowest bot problem. Also, you saying they’ll be low pop seems a bit absurd to me. I think it’ll be one of the highest pop servers. And stay that way. The demand is absolutely massive. Imagine making a single pve and pvp fresh server option. It won’t be low pop. Quite the contrary.

With all that said, keep in mind that bots and the economy are just one factor in wanting a fresh start. Hard as it may be to imagine, some of us love leveling. Love seeing hordes of other players in the process. That’s my main draw for a fresh server. As the the concerns some pose…I’m willing to take whatever risks. Sign me up.

12 Likes

First of all how the hell do bots farm in low pop servers and transfer that gold/farmed items to high populated servers? Unless blizzard is retarded enough to allow transfers with that character having anything but what they are wearing(mounts too) is a joke.

In a fresh server the bots will swarm it like they already swarm all the other servers, however they will all start at level 1 and would take some time before they are set to farm. Also you wouldn’t be able to transfer into a fresh server. Finally the bots would have a higher ban rate(if blizzard actually responds to reports) considering everyone will be leveling and it’s not hard to spot a bot.

2 Likes

They can illegitimately move things from one server to the other. It takes a bit of time and it’s risky but worth it.

I’m just repeating what I’ve heard. Not condoning in any way.

And if a fresh server becomes high population, even worse, because demand for items and gold will be there.

I get that people will in theory not participate, but all it takes is a few for the cascade to start. Because most of the people participating in it do so silently.

Will it be better? Maybe. Will it be much better? Idk…

A fresh new TBC server would be nice, but I don’t think Actiblizz is going to budge on boost microtransactions. Streamers are already rolling out footage from beta classic TBC showing how the boost works. Players are gonna have to come too terms that boosts in classic TBC are here to stay. I for one won’t be here to see it. They should of introduce it like 8 months after classic TBC release. People would of have had time invested in their characters already and would have been more compromising. Their loss.

4 Likes

adding my signature

8 Likes

I don’t think having 1 fresh sever of each type that doesn’t allow boosting is a far fetched idea. You can only boost once per account anyway. Players will just use it on the other 95% of servers that allow it.

And it could just be a delay of the service…much like transfer have always been to fresh servers. That’s at least somewhat of a compromise. Give it 6 months before allowing it. That’s six months of a ‘genuine’ experience after which most players will have used their boost elsewhere so it won’t really matter anyway.

7 Likes

I even created a moniker for them. We have RP servers already so if they create a few new TBC Classic servers with no cash shop conveniences on them (or at least delay them for six months as you suggest) they can designate them as “RPG” servers. So we can have PvE, PvP, RP-PvP, RP-PvE and both RPG-PvE / RPG-PvP servers. :smiley:

Just an idea.

Thanks.

I will only play TBC if there are fresh servers. Blizzard has greatly underestimated the psychology of fresh servers. They represent a fresh start.

16 Likes

It feels a bit like “You think you do, but you don’t” all over again. And when they finally get around to adding fresh they’ll be blown away by how popular it’ll be…just like they were with Classic.

9 Likes

Lets keep those likes coming! Maybe we will get some attention and alert Blizzard that due to the lack of terms violations such as RMT and unchallenged bots and GDKP being punitive or enforced have manifested environments thousands of paid subscribers not only dislike…but will NOT PAY to play in. Classic server economies are a WRECK. DO SOMETHING PLEASE. Fresh TBC or nothing!

14 Likes

dont overthink this part of the discussion, hes just gatekeeping using the same argument that hes protecting us from our own willful ignorance even though youve reiterated 10x now that you dont care about the risk

the argument is either 1. have bots increase tenfold on day 1 given that the servers are already mega servers/boost available 2. make bots at least level up and dedicate resources to eventually maybe boost/bot the server. No brainer really. option 2 gives you a prayer while option 1 remains hopeless

3 Likes

I honestly can see a realm where all the disenfranchised players who are willing to give up 10s to 100s of days of their RL played time reroll on these servers and almost self police this behavior. IE, not associating with clear gold buyers/boosters/public discords where there is proof etc. Essentially the giant fiasco people believed streamers would do in classic to anyone they disapproved of. It sounds extreme but honestly im here for it after how badly classic escalated with RL transactions

3 Likes

If you came to WoW Classic in hope of seeing the same community you are hopeless. People have changed and their mindset changed over the course of the years.

You for instance are not the same person. We all used to be more tolerant and you just shooting ignore over everyone like this is undeniable proof.

They won’t add a fresh server with no transfer options.
If they ever add a server, it will receive free transfers from several Locked / full servers.
Those servers will also receive paid transfers from other servers, and will also have the paid boost server available.

1 Like