A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

I’m planning to stay on Bloodsail Buccaneers. Pretty bold of me, to do considering it’s Alliance heavy. But, I think with the Belf introduction, that’ll change…I’m hopeful :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I know the Hard Core community (the leveling people) are going to consolidate there and form a guild. So it is a good up and coming TBC space.

1 Like

As of right now, Bloodsail Buccaneers is the ONLY Normal RP Server for both Classic and BC, so I don’t really have much of a choice. I have wanted another RP Server (NOT RP-PvP) for West Coast, since I’m West Coast, alas there’s only the one via East Coast.

Why not roll on Grobb nor Deviate Delight? Because I don’t like PvP Server Ruleset. I like to just play the PvE Game. I find nothing thrilling about being opening ganked/interrupted, out in the open world, while I’m trying to Quest.

1 Like

Thats the one thing about a New Server that may assist in horde PVE outlook since everyone tells me its going to be 90/10 (though i believe 60/40 is closer to true) H:A. Though i do not know what effect that would have on some of the OTHER servers with low horde pops.

I really like this idea, actually. You bring up some great points.

This would also quell the issue on the forums most likely. Yep, I can safely say I would be 100% on board with this.

2 Likes

But do you know where Mankrik’s wife is? ^_~

3 Likes

Probably the same people that used to spam the wall of no.

2 Likes

Ah, the Great Wall of “No!!!”

Not one of the more commonly known Wonders of the WoW Forums like the constant, “Blizzard will never…” responses from their “authorized” representatives, but definitely one of the more interesting ones. I wonder how many people still have some sort of cut-and-paste macro setup to help build the wall with their constant, “NO!!!” :wink:

Thanks.

5 Likes

Well the sad reality is that it was Blizzard that built the Wall of No. It was just forum trolls that kept throwing it in our faces. But they don’t matter. What surprises me is that given how wrong Blizzard was about Classic (refusing to do it for years and years, random interviews against it, saying it doesn’t have demand or merit development, ‘you think you do, but you don’t’)…that after all that and seeing Classic’s success and being blown away by it, they still don’t seem to listen to the player base.

You would think they’d be a little bit humbled after being proven so wrong. And not just dismiss all of these threads…here, on Reddit, and elsewhere. The demand for a fresh option is absolutely enormous. And it’s met by crickets. That’s the disappointing part.

4 Likes

I kind of think that much of Blizzard’s attitude towards WoW Classic came from a bit of professional “ouch”. It must sting just a little bit to have a large portion of your community tell you that they are not as interested in your current gaming platform so much as the original one you came out with ten+ years ago. Dark Age of Camelot had a similar issue after their release of an expansion that many thought had changed the game too much from its original intent. Mythic tried to combat this by offering “Classic” servers, but by then many had already moved over to private shards to play the game.

I have stated a couple of times that in my opinion Retail WoW stopped being an RPG a while ago and is only an MMO with respect to instances. I recognize that many of the conveniences in the Retail version are to appeal to the Facebook gaming crowd and younger audiences and they make Blizzard more money. However there are probably very few “old school” developers left at Blizzard who understand why someone would want to play an older version of their game compared to the “new and improved” version they have worked on over the past many years.

Just my opinion, to be sure. And that plus ten bucks will get you a cup of coffee. :smiley:

Thanks.

8 Likes

Seasonal servers with a transfer off option at the end seem like a decent long term solution. People who want the fresh server experience will be able to consistently get it and there won’t be tons of dead servers. Which is exactly what we saw in classic when blizzard released too many servers.

1 Like

A fresh server would be great and I will explain why.

1. First of all it will relieve a lot of stress to the already highly populated servers. Hellfire will already be a mess and some would like it to flow more naturally starting from 1. Yes layering will resolve some of the issues, but it will still be bad.

2. It does not effect the current servers because those who want to play with friends there will and those who are already there can continue to enjoy their advantage. Those who are starting from 1 are probably not even playing anyways.

3. Fresh servers also works great for grabbing those thousands, and yes I mean thousands of players who are currently playing private tbc servers but would like a fresh server. These players don’t play classic, so an incentive of a fresh server is crack to them. Sure some might come without a fresh server, but why not get them all MUHAHAHA!

4. Not not only will there be a hype for first 70 in the old servers, but the fresh ones as well. Starting a fresh character in a fresh server are the biggest Twitch streams and most if not all streamers will tell you that a fresh server is highly popular content with a longer duration. Again the more people streaming different types of gameplay the more profit to blizzard in the long run.

5. Lastly the cost for having a server up is very cheap, most people can run a server at their home or through a company. Also blizzard doesn’t even have GM for their classic servers so it really makes no difference. Even a server with fewer then 500 people makes them a net profit.

It’s an easy solution for a huge profit, even bigger then the boosts as these will be first time players most likely. The polls I’ve seen are massively in favor for a fresh tbc server, and if you want to add the boost 6months to 1 year later it would be fine(even though I think boost is a mistake).

8 Likes

They are OK with it because once TBC is out and servers get full queues, these are the servers that will accept free transfers first.

Trust me, people will transfer. Imagine being LOCKED outside the game and the expansion already out.

Then next, they will open new realms, but to accept free transfers from other realms. That is how it was done back then. First thing is to ensure TBC launch with success.

So, if you are playing fresh or not, if you get fresh server in like 2-3 months after launch, it doesn’t matter, because you will be racing against who? against every level 1 that start on that realm.

There will be no “fresh” server on TBC launch, and any new server will accept transfers and also level 58 boosts.

Deal with it.

1 Like

I was specifically commenting on the classic era servers. Blizz is mirroring current realms and thus creating realms that will be dead.

As I recall they said they’d be doing something about that.

They suggested they will be implementing their connected-realms tech. But some players don’t like this option either.

They can scale down the resources on those realms to adapt the game to a less-crowded environment. Plus, they already said connected realms would be a thing.

Since it all runs on Blizzard’s Cloud, they can scale down entire classic to very few servers for those that opt to stay in classic or clone it over.

Which means they can do the same for TBC.

Of course they can, and there’s a very real chance that when Wrath classic comes out they will.

Exactly, which just proves the point that the “dead server” argument against fresh servers isn’t all that great.