95% of Players Agree on PvP Vendors

I mistakenly bought the wrong item a time or two and I still want them to come back. I miss being able to save up and buy the specific piece I want, not grind for months and wade through bags full of trash.

1 Like

I raided M Uldir and it was pure hell. It’s all of the systems working against each other and it was annoying enough for me to stop RL’ing and for the team to call the quits.

1 Like

I remember my friend that got me playing WoW, back in BC, talked me
into doing a arena team with him. I was so thrilled when I had enough
of the marks (or whatever they were called) to buy my first piece of
gear from the vendor. Not only return them for PVP. Return them for
the now called world quests. I liked doing the dailies saving up to get
better gear from the vendor. It felt like you really accomplished
something when you could finally purchase the piece you were
saving for.

5 Likes

No longer play WoW, but I got sick and tired of paying money to a company that wanted to remove my freedom to make choices, even bad ones. As many have said WoD had one of the best gearing system for PvP and I totally agree.

8 Likes

This is a massively flawed data pool. If you ONLY ask people interested in PVP vendors in a specific forum or pool of players (IE, people who pvp who read the particular post you linked that poll to), you’re bound to get the exact response you’d expect… a majority in favor of pvp vendors…

and 2k respondents isn’t even a decent sample size to give you a statistical probability that your particular response is truly the response a MAJORITY of wow players would choose. If we agree that the current population of wow players with active subs is say 1 million (i know its more, but for clarity), you’d need at least 100k respondents to have a decent pulse of the general population. 100k is 10%… less than 1.6 k people is only .16%!

EDIT TO ADD: PVP vendors for gear is a bad idea… always has been. That means that people who start early in a season will have a massive advantage over players that just started. To some that’s fine and dandy, but if you really want a lively PVP population, you have to make entry into PVP easier and not a massive turn off.

Now, if you just mean pvp vendors who sell cosmetic gear and mounts, I’m all for it… but gear with stats is just a great way to say, “Wait til next season!” to new players. These new players are the ones you need to attract if you want any kind of quick battle ground or arena queues, or even open world pvp. Allowing people to buy the best in slot pvp gear, will eliminate a lot of new pvp players.

1 Like

…why are there even people who vote no? They like having their gear chosen by chance?
i mean id really hate to get the same pants 3 times in a row with the same awful stats

2 Likes

Not how statistics work. You definitely don’t need a sample of 100k in a population of 1M. That’s ridiculous.

And yet the seasons with the highest participation all had vendors for gear. In fact, the most played season not only had vendors, but locked gear behind rating. Meanwhile, Legion, where you didn’t need gear at all, saw a 75%+ drop in participation from WoD and BFA has dropped even further.

3 Likes

It’s a trade off. The gear comes a lot faster than previous expansions. I honestly can’t even remember an expansion where you can get gear from PvP this fast and it’s actually useful in PvE too.

They post on anything that would even suggest Blizzard might have done something less than optimal.

If you bought the wrong ring from a pvp vendor and found out before the expiration, you could trade it in for a refund even if you had equipped it.

Blizzard does not care about players anymore and them having choices. Them adding pvp vendors would require them to do a bit more work and god forbid they dislike that.

I know it’s a joke to some people but I bet they did get a lot of tickets from people complaining they bought the wrong piece of gear.

And even if true, those should have been ignored after they brought out the 2 hour window to refund them. At least in my personal opinion.

1 Like

But players will make mistakes choosing their items because vendors are hard.

That care.

95% of 1.6 people said they think PvP vendors should return. I would argue it doesn’t represent the entire playerbase.

For the record, I also think PvP vendors are fine and should return, but I don’t think 1.6 votes is massive or anything. I do think if you polled ALL the players that it would still come out strongly in favor of vendors. I just don’t want data being exaggerated.

What’s with the click bait title, 1.6k players is less the. 0.1% of the playerbase.

It started in the BG forums.

1 Like

They aren’t going to bring back pvp vendors for the same reason you dont see badge vendors.
They make content uselessness.
If i can just farm some honor and go to pvp vendor then there isn’t any point in doing +5 dungeons for instance.

However what people ask is very far from reality too.
You never could get top notch gear before by pvping, now you can and it is on part to heroic/mythic depending on your rating, before it was slightly worse than heroic gear no matter the rating.

You can get full pvp set for ok stats still by just farming the bar too, which honestly, takes as much as before to complete, unless you are throwing ashran in the count.

Thats really interesting… where did you get those stats? I’d love to see them and what authority did the analysis.

removal had no sense at all. Why would pvp-only players/alts will ever want to do pve content for gear

1 Like