95% of Players Agree on PvP Vendors

Rent a Corroded Skeleton Key WoTLK style :joy:

It’s always been SB. It’s enchants that remove the ability to refund them.

Not if you equip it, but if you enchant or transmog it yes. Anyway that is really a non-concern imo and certainly not a reason vendors were removed.

1 Like

Why do you think Ion was saying players were buying the wrong item. Players keep returning them.

And this is a problem because…

1 Like

Don’t know about the % but I would take PVP vendors over the garbage gearing system we have now.

I can find the PVE vendor with no issues. A PVP vendor wouldn’t be too hard to find especially if you stuck it RIGHT BESIDE THE PVE VENDOR.

It’s a problem because Blizzard keeps taking away PvP vendors.

His comment was in reference to a player buying a non-optimal item. Your example is about someone buying and returning items in order to get a temporary benefit until they have enough currency for a more expensive item. Two very different scenarios. Players “gaming” the system has never been an issue.

2 Likes

So far they’ve only taken it once and haven’t returned it at all. I don’t understand why they’d take it away because of wrong decisions

I was talking about responding to the post and then reading other people’s responses.

non-optimal means the same thing. Players buying gear, then returning it.

I’ve kinda been spacing out on this game, just playing LFR and random dungeons

Thought I’d try to give a serious dive into PvP and I have no idea what’s going on with it, or how to get started with it at this point. It feels like it’s such a clunky side to this game and so unfriendly to get into.

I don’t think you are understanding.

• Ion was talking about a player suffering due to poor decision making with their gear purchase where they buy an item that is non-optimal (like a ring) and then don’t have enough currency to buy the better item next week (like a weapon) .

• You are describing a situation in which the player benefits from their decision to temporarily buy an item and then return it thereby getting the benefit of an item like a ring all week and still getting to buy the weapon next week.

They are two different situations even though both may (or may not) involve the purchase of a ring from a vendor.

1 Like

I agree with you 100%. Back in MOP and WOD, I PVP’d and I enjoyed going to the vendors with the people who were helping me and making a list of gear that I would save up for.

It gave me something to work towards and it gave me the motivation to keep PVPing with the group even though it wasn’t my thing.

4 Likes

Statistics are misleading. This “seems” is misleading.

In this case, 95% of the “people who voted in a poll about PVP vendors” wanted a change to Blizzard’s policy.

That is not 95% of a random set of players. It is not 95% of pvp players.

Statistics experts call this a “self-defining sampling”. In other words, the poll was only important to people who wanted the rules to change. So those were 95% of the people that voted.

It’s like “95% of registered Democrats voted for Hillary”. Yeah, but so what?

2 Likes

always surprised people want vendors so badly. I get so much gear right now I hardly care for it.

What we need is better class design and reforging

How much BiS gear for rated content do you get from PvP again? Maybe maledict? Or a certain azerite if you happen to be 2400+ where it will actually have ok ilvl. Otherwise getting there requires copious amounts of PvE. Especially w/ the PvE trinkets and Crucible gear that has infested arena/RBGs.

Getting random garbage gear isn’t the same as having your BiS available from the content you do.

1 Like

Ah. I don’t really try for BiS, just look at the item level and slap it on. I’ll just replace it the moment I get a better piece

That’s all anyone cares for anyways

Not really. I care about being able to say that I’m done for the patch and be able to take it easy for a while. Not be on an endless grind with no end in sight.

4 Likes

Oh lol I’m right there with you. I’ve been done since November. I had a bunch of high Ilvl azerite gear in my bags and I just put them in the scrapper. Couldn’t be bothered trying to sort that stuff out.