9.2 info thread for jaded players enjoying the warmth of the continuous Shadowlands dumpster fire

I liked how they put such an emphasis on the water like we are supposed to be awed that we can walk on water. They are aware we’ve had a spell for that… for like ever? Right?

Our mounts have an equipment slot that lets us put floaties or whatever on them so they can be Jesus too.

5 Likes

god this is all so… ugh

i made a post a long time ago about how warcraft has this bizarre obsession with how everything needs to be meticulously explained and how that sucks the fantasy out of the universe

the afterlife going from same vague, mysterious place to a place where robots create heaven where robots suck the juice out of your dead grandpa to power more robots is just…

12 Likes

Looks like Robot Cat was ahead of his time.

3 Likes

leaked footage of the final fight with the jailer patch 9.2

6 Likes

I don’t get how people can be jaded about wow. Just stop playing if it isn’t fun or interest you. My favorite quote is “nobody talks more crap about WoW than WoW players.”

I like how the new tier sets look. I’ll be interested in the new lore. This hasn’t been my favorite expansion but it was unique and kept me playing.

1 Like

game big enjoyable, put big time into

now big feelings on big not enjoy

Take break. Enjoy other things. Love not hate.

I don’t hate Warcraft and wasn’t speaking for myself on the last post. The game is frosted butts where, personally, the most enjoyable thing currently was the reduced experience requirements for leveling. When I used to raid somewhat consistently and was a huge dungeon fiend that even toe-dipped into PvP across a couple expansions.

I can simultaneously enjoy Warcraft but stay unsubbed because the execution of the setting is frankly kind of awful in several directions.

2 Likes

Also since I’ve yet to actually comment on this thread mostly because I’ve been living a Diablo 2 life.

Wrapping up the big setting/location draw and namesake of your expansion in 2 content patches after release is such a reaffirmation of my personal belief. Shadowlands’ closest comparison to previous WoW content is like… Rage of the Firelands. Big dangerous detour to a place not really well tied to the actual specific, primary setting (Azeroth itself) and laced with chores that don’t feel like running the track is a major payout. I have about the same sentimental value and urgency to dealing with the Jailer as I did Ragnaros.

Yah, like, I actually played quite a bit through 9.1 and even got exalted on the stupid relic grind before they made it stupid easy in 9.1.5.

If I stayed subbed, I’d probably find enjoyment collecting things like weird snail mount and cosmetics like I did with Korthia.

Yet honestly, abysmal story is abysmal and not that excited for new currency grind except this time it’s unlocking I guess a new sing song rune language to probably just buy new gear to upgrade my gear score by 5 points so I can do 2% more DPS for dungeon and raid content I don’t do anymore because my guild broke up and the player base is toxic and Alliance is dead.

Or how about lol no. I think players have every right to be fed up and jaded with the game and venting about it is therapeutic for those of us who have played for so long and have been disappointed for so long. If you don’t like the thread that specifically states its for jaded players then go make your own thread for Blizzard white knights or whatever.

10 Likes

blizzard human male paladins

6 Likes

Anyone else find it sort of funny that the patch that has nothing to do with night elves in the expansion that’s done nothing but dunk night elves has the exact same title as their WC3 campaign?

14 Likes

no, no, they confirmed that sylvia and tyrande are going to have a chat.

i cant wait.

It is actually cool and very funny to laugh at Blizzard for their constant self-owns

8 Likes

I turned off the video at that remark. It looks like any Titan cultivated zone in the history of the game. When I think “alien” enviornment, I think Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Speaking of Elder Scrolls, my afterlife is throwing $20 at Todd Howard and becoming a Wood Elf Illusionist.

You know it’s going to go down exactly like Jania and Thrall’s chat. Where nothing is actually addressed and Jaina learns to let go of her hate.

2 Likes

Sylv might just be in casual clothes in 9.2 haha

5 Likes

I was thinking about installing the anniversary edition since I would get it for free anyhow and haven’t played it in well over five or so years. Would be nice to revisit and also play as a Khajit Illusionist and spread chaos and anarchy across the realm!

Difference of opinion is always a good thing. I’m no fan of echo chambers and I will say, I’m always happy to see people post about how happy this game makes them. I want that for all of us! For me, I don’t get how people are not jaded about WoW, but I am glad those people exist.

I’m here because I still enjoy playing the game, in spite of all my grump that clutters up the WrA forums. I play the parts I enjoy. It’s that simple.

I talk trash about Harley Davidson. I still own two because I enjoy them, even if I have to change the gaskets all the time because they leak oil like a BP pipeline.

Products, companies, entities, whatever…are not immune from criticism. They are not untouchable and they shouldn’t be.

8 Likes

Yeah I don’t see therapy in complaining. If it isn’t fun for you and you just wanna crap on it, I find that not so much a helpful activity . But in response to making a new thread for “blizzard white knights,” you made a thread so I commented so no I don’t think I’ll be making another thread in response.

1 Like