9.2 info thread for jaded players enjoying the warmth of the continuous Shadowlands dumpster fire

So there is going to be a big preview tomorrow for what’s to come in 9.2 and likely the rest of Shadowlands. Personally, I don’t think this expac can be saved (at the very least narratively) but stranger things have happened. What do you all expect and what would you actually like to see?

Edit: They posted a teaser. Not sure what it means or if I even care but it looks like those sigils Mister Perkynips took from the covenant mommies/daddies or whatever.

3 Likes

+1 for the thread title:

Cryptic teaser:

So, it’s a new version of WoW Mad Libs.

What do the runes mean? Wrong answers only:

ETA: whatever they announce, surely there will be some new currency no one actually asked for or wants and some time-gating, because reasons.

Give me my Gnome Fro, Ion.

2 Likes

My body is ready to be disappointed by the lack of Allied Races.

6 Likes

Gnomes definitely need more customization especially robo-gnomes aka diaper gnomes. Give them some metal legs that can wear some friggin pants already.

3 Likes

Let Shadowlands end so we can go back home (Azeroth) and I can tell kids (new players) about the war that they missed (BfA, SL and early Legion) so that they could have their summer of freedom (revamped Azeroth of my dreams and only dreams because it’s Ion and Danuser.)

I already saw someone make a bingo card and I’m just so tired of everything.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for the runes to be revealed as the equivalent of a “deez nuts” joke.

3 Likes

The runes are actually the same from the spelltome that you get from mage tower whatever. New expansion is going to be going into a spell tome, where we have to escape from the horrible writing of the author which is the next big bad after zovaal

2 Likes

If I had to hazard a real guess, if those look like sigils of the covenants, then these are lesser sigils of lesser covenants, which a handful may be available for exploration and play in 9.2

The realms of death are infinite, with infinite afterlives housing infinite souls. It’s time we go and see a few more of them, isn’t it?

it’s gonna be some stupid legendary stuff that gets tossed out at level 65 in the next expac

1 Like

Sadly, my first thought was “Lawsuit Incoming” but that’s too many letters.

2 Likes

My interest has dwindled so low that I can’t even find the energy to speculate what 9.2 is going to be about.

Something something sylvannas did nothing wrong something something first one’s something something we punch in zovaal in the nards and Elune shows up last minute to take credit or something.

4 Likes

You forgot to shoehorn in Arthas somewhere. My bets are still on him being the twist villain of the expansion.

4 Likes

it turns out Arthas was the jailor all along.

6 Likes

You joke but I truly would not put it past them

5 Likes

no wait…

it turns out Sylvanas was in love with Arthas the Jailor all along.

Much more their speed.

1 Like

Or Arthas’ spirit returns to stop Zovaal and is redeemed and now Arthas and Sylvannas did nothing wrong

5 Likes

We’re going back in time in the shadowlands to make the Sanctum of Domination raid redundant.

Actually I am interested if we get more allied race customizations, would really like to see more for Dark Irons, Kul Tirans and Mechagnome.

Horde races a little less excited about, I suspect Mag’har will just copy and paste most of the core Orc race options.

1 Like

I just let it all happen. 9.2 can’t possible take more away than what I’ve already lost.

1 Like

It’s time for Sylvanas Kerrigan to be reborn so she can willingly rejoin the Scourge to become the new Lich Queen to gain the power to stop Zovaal and the Burning Hell Hybrids.

Along the way we’ll have to locate and defeat Zovaal’s three brothers - Diabolicalus, Merifistion, and Bah - and then take a detour to Azeroth to kill Anduin who, still under Zovaal’s control, is dragging the Alliance into ruin.

Just when we’re at our lowest points, with Sylvanas on the verge of being obliterated, a shadowy figure will swoop in on angelic wings to save her. Slyvanas will look up in wonder and touch his perfectly chiseled face and whisper “You’ve arisen, my champion.”

Nathanos will smile his perfect smile and reply, “At your side, my lady.”

2 Likes