9.2 = A Sylvanas Dream Come True

How is any of this relevant to the discussion we are having?

There are other threads for your response. It doesn’t need to happen here. You posted a similar post in your own thread, you want to push this idea that Sylvanas needs to be punished and this is not the place for it. Deathisfinal created this thread to talk with other Sylvanas fans about the resolution of the Sylvanas and Arthas story. I don’t feel like this is the right place to talk about resolution for Night Elves. There are countless other threads that talk extensively about this topic and Sylvanas seems remorseful of her actions, and she’s going to get judgment from Tyrande at the end of this patch.

1 Like

I’ve always been honest with you to my knowledge. However, I also honestly have never liked Sylvanas even before BFA ruined her character, only ever intellectually grasped why anyone else would (“Other people just like different things than I do.”) and actually hoped for Arthas to show up to finish her off, or at least rub her nose in her hypocrisy (Arthas: “So, you exterminated the entire population of a large city for ‘the greater good’ while serving the interests of a guy who looked suspiciously like me? LOL!” Sylvanas: :rage: )

I always appreciated your honesty. Even when we don’t agree on things. I personally, as a arthas and a sylvanas fan, always found the obsession with arthas to be weird and a little unsettling.

Arthas was a great villain and I’m glad blizz left it at that

That’s just me though. :wolf:

2 Likes

Deathisfinal moment.

1 Like

I still can’t believe it. What a wonderful unexpected surprise.

Speaking of headcanon. This one has lived in my head rent free for over a decade:

Sylvanas is around 3:25. Now I have actual canon and the development is literally flowing in. I honestly can’t keep up with it all, but I’m loving every moment of it.

What up mane?

4 Likes

Don’t know about you hun, but I LOVED sylvanas monologue to what remained of arthas when she was like Begone arthas menethil and may your name be forgotten in time

5 Likes

Nothing, just that this post is entirely expected. I’m not sure they could’ve done anything at this point that would’ve made you unhappy as long as it included Sylvanas as the main character.

I suppose if there is a trashfire, there will be at least one person who enjoys bonfires.

3 Likes

Has it occurred to you that people are happy because dansaur and co are at least attempting to salvage sylvanas’ character? :wolf:

1 Like

The well has been dry for 2 years now, in regard to this character. I knew I still liked her character, but my headcanons seemed like fanon. My headcanons are now on the verge of becoming a reality, so I’ve pretty much been renewed. I can only imagine how much more the book is going to nourish me.

4 Likes

More mustache twirl would have definitely turned me off. Sylvanas getting flushed down the Maw toilet screaming “I’m melting I’m melting” would have also produced gnashed teeth.

I’ve always focused on those parts of the story that I love. Could you imagine waking up everyday of your life complaining and focusing on parts of a fantasy story you don’t like?

Why would I torture my health in such a way?

Don’t get it twisted there are part of the story I don’t like but I usually push those parts to the back burner and focus on the parts that make me happy.

Edit:

No lies detected.

5 Likes

I need to take a play out of your book and start doing that more often. For my own mental health

2 Likes

one of my headcanons is, Sylvanas resets Alleria for not becoming RG.

The novel snippet implied that Alleria failed a test and her parents were upset wih her. I feel like we are going to learn a lot more about Alleria and the pressures she was under having the family legacy put upon her shoulders. In Shadows Rising Alleria admitted that she always felt like Sylvanas was better than her and that backed up in EoN when Sylvanas admits to being vain and it was never enough that she was the best archer in the family. There’s hints of unhealthy comeptition between Alleria and Sylvanas.

The pendant that Alleria gives Sylvanas, as well as Sylvanas’s epitaph on Alleria’s statue, suggest that they may have over-inflated their care for eachother because they did not leave on good terms. Alleria doesn’t inflate her love for Veressa on Veressa’s locket.

Alleria choosing to not take the position of RG and it falling to Sylvanas is going to be a really huge plot point. Sylvanas never wanted to be saddled with having the burden of carrying on the Windrunner family legacy and she died for it.

6 Likes

Sounds rather immature, trying to shift the blame and guilt to someone else. I guess that’s about right.

“If you were Ranger General, none of this would have happened!” But it’s really, “If you were Ranger General, none of this would have happened to ME!”

You could say something similar, Alleria was avoiding responsibility, which is true, but she wasn’t an oracle, she didn’t know what was coming. Until the Scourge invaded, being the Ranger General was like being the marshal of a parade. Nothing would have prepared them for it.

8 Likes

The uninterrupted final monologue with what was left of Arthas could not have been better. This closure was everything.

3 Likes

Characters can be immature and flawed. Especially when they are young.

It seems like there was an unhealthy pressure on both of them to be perfect. They both seem to feel inadequate when compared to the other. There was also family favoritism at play. Alleria and Lirath were the favourites and called the family “suns”, yes that was related to their hair colour, but that must have sucked to be the “moons” of the family. it’s implied that Sylvanas grew up in Alleria’s shadow.

Sure! Actually it might be an interesting character trait, Sylvanas seeing the endless horde of undead march on her kingdom… and thinking, “If my sister took this position, I…”

Personally I don’t want Slyvanas to try and shift her responsibilities or try to cope. She could use it as ammunition, “While you ran off to play hero girl, I and every other able body elf died defending out homes.”

3 Likes

That’s not at all what I was implying with my headcanon.

It’s just meta on their sister dynamic.

I don’t appreciate how you are trying to twist this into something to villify Sylvanas over. If you want you can go make your own headcanons.

1 Like

To be fair, you edited your reply about 16 times. What you have now looks nothing like your original post.

Still, if we are going to go down that route, it’s going to recontexualize elves. “Hey, I know you’re 2000 years old, but you’re still acting like moody teenagers.”

When Alleria would have taken up the mantle… there was nothing going on, at all. So Sylvanas has no less training than her sister.

4 Likes

Honestly, I’m not interested in talking about my head canons with you and I would rather you just put me on ignore.

???
Feels like a rather extreme approach to things.

2 Likes