9.2 = A Sylvanas Dream Come True

9.2 = A Sylvanas Dream Come True

I’ve been speechless all week. I would have never dreamed in a million years that we would receive a proper Arthas closure moment in regards to Sylvanas. Its truly the best surprise of the entire expansion.

I had quite honestly given up on any proper resolution in regards to Sylvanas receiving closure, I mean its been how many years since Arthas and Zovaal killed her people and soul yeeted her, how many years since the RTS? I was very much expecting that ripping the LK helm would be the most resolution we would receive.

I had moved on, and than BAM Cdev hits me with this. I truly cannot deal with the amount of awesomeness that SL is giving me. Am I the only one that cannot deal with this much awesome? Fist pumps simply cannot express my excitement, I am completely undone.

I’ve wanted this since the RTS when Sylvanas gave her life trying to protect her people.
I was patient throughout vanilla and the Burning Legion. I absolutely loved that Sylvanas led us through ICC it was a dream come true, then Wrathgate happened. Wrathgate was epic, but by there was no closure for Sylvanas by the end of it. By the time the dust settled Sylvanas had committed suicide and gained a completely new motivation.

I was content AND then BAMMM 9.2. I was totally not expecting this, I’m still reeling.

I would say kudos cdev and hats off, but my entire head just rolled off my body. :tophat: :tophat: :tophat:

19 Likes

I have been hoping to see a positive post from you about the current lore situation. It seemed right up your alley, from what I could tell. But, people do move on. Posters come and go. I am glad you are enjoying the present circumstances. I am as well.

It ain’t over yet, though. Well, Arthas is. :smirk: . And that is pretty satisfying. But the over all story still has much to go.

I made a post a while ago where I stated I didn’t care about who wins or loses, and which side gets bragging rights, as much as I just want to see things concluded that needed to be. As many loose ends and stray plot points concluded as possible, for good or ill, so we can move on.

And this was a biggie.

12 Likes

Bruuuuuuuhhhhhhhh

As a Sylvanas fan since the beginning, I can’t think of a bigger moment.

Dare I rank this is her biggest moment.

Lets see

#1 Arthas Closure
#2 Ripping the LK Helm
#3 Creating the Forsaken from the ground up
#4 Securing Lordaeron for the Forsaken
#5 Mending her soul
#6 Seeking Blightcaller after Arthas sieged Lordaeron
#7 Sister reunion

This is so monumental that its almost overshadowing the Sylvanas novel, which I still can’t believe is happing at the end of the month.

From a WoW novel collector it feels like a dream to get a novel with my favorite character. Don’t wake me up!

Edit: I would put her command during the invasion of QT as one or two; that was epic.

6 Likes

I’m really happy about it too. And I was also somebody who was ready to move on. It was a nice surprise. I thought they were just going to make her a raid boss and call it a day. Really happy this wasn’t the case.

I have a little more hope for the future of azeroth and its characters but I want to go back to azeroth now.

8 Likes

I am on cloud 9 :blush:

From a Sylvanas diehard fan perspective. This is a dream come true. Every headcanon. Every meta I have written about her character was not in vain. It’s real, she’s real. This was her story and it was so good to see her get the resolution that has been denied her for over 15 years.

The LK was her demon to slay. I’m glad it didn’t cost her her life.

There’s so much of her story ahead and I can’t wait to see her future stories.

9 Likes

Besides the cinematic being pretty awesome and hitting the feels where it needed to, as a Arthas fan on top of it? I’m soooo glad they put to bed Arthas story for good and we can finally drop the Arthas deserves a redemption nonsense.

He’s gone for good. Some y’all better start learning to deal with it

10 Likes

Between Uther tossing him into Maw, Zovaal using his soul as a battery for a sword and Sylvanas getting the closure she deserves, I’d say we’re finally done with him.

8 Likes

I personally like how his story ended. The Anduin fight proved Arthas was nothing but a evil person the entire time.

Funny enough, I was the one who called it during the Anduin cinematic in Bastion, that it was infact Arthas speaking through Anduin.

At least the part where Arthas says No, he is bound to me

4 Likes

I swear I heard Terenas’ voice in Varian’s when he said “my son” there’s a lot of closing cycles here. I feel like the short story The Paladin’s Beast gave Arthas a lot more closure than the game did especially with Uther, and people who skipped that story are really missing out. Fate is also at play here big time, and this was Arthas’ fate, he made his choice long ago in the Arthas novel, before WoLK came out. Whatever humanity Arthas had, was gone when he woke up from his long nap on the Frozen Throne.

Arthas is a tragic character, now more than ever. That’s his role. He lost his way.

People have brought up the poor optics with victims forgiving thier abusers, and that was seen especially with Uther. I was worried this would go in a different direction when Uther started blaming himself for Arthas’ choices. They must have made the choice not to bring Arthas back because of it. I would wager that this was one of the big changes they made to neutralize Afrasabi’s narrative choices leading into Shadowlands.

4 Likes

Indeed. And I like that Sylvanas was the one who got to say His time is over and name will be forgotten. It was a good way to end it.

I am curious what the Sylvanas judgment cinematic will look like though

3 Likes

it’s kind of like her saying “you no longer have power over me” and I liked that closure.

He is not a ghost haunting her every step any more, like he was in the past. She is moving on.

It was so good. It reminds me of the ending scene of my favourite childhood movie

Even this movie was an allegory of the struggle between feminine/innocence and Death/The Devil.

5 Likes

I wonder how much encryption the sylvanas cinematic is under. I’m sure they have ways to keep people from data mining it earlier than intended

2 Likes

Probably a LOT which makes me wonder how controvercial it’s going to be once it comes out live.

2 Likes

I have little doubt it’s going to piss a lot of people off. I mean, look at how triggered people got over the Arthas reveal in the latest cinematic

1 Like

The recent cinematic has been mostly positive. Not everyone can always be pleased and usually can’t be.

4 Likes

It’s not at all popular on General Discussion.

2 Likes

To be fair, does anyone actually care what GD thinks? :smiley:

6 Likes

Doness seems to.

2 Likes

I suppose there are people who do care :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t. I noticed in threads complaining about the cinematic, most of the posters who liked them are… not good people.