9.2 = A Sylvanas Dream Come True

By killing him earlier than he should’ve.

And at the same time, rebelling against “fate” could also be seen as her fate. So rebelling against the system is still serving the system. Either way you cannot escape fate.

Which is probably why Zovaal is going to change the system from the source. Like how you sometimes have time travel villains try and rewrite the past from the very beginning.

Sounds like a paradox.

It is why I hate these “trying to fight against fate” stories as one can view it as, “well they are still doing what was predestined for them to do”. Most of the time it calls flat on its face. It is an interesting idea, but the execution tends to be a failure.

I like it when characters who do go through this route come to the realization that it cannot be changed. No matter how hard they struggle, one often meets their destiny on the road they take to avoid it. Like Nozdormu. In fact, fighting against fate is what make him become Murozond. So they instead try to do the best that they can before it happens. Like a certain teen titan :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I’ve never seen teen titans.

You should, it is a good show. Although it has a messy start. Too many, “is this the first episode” episodes.

But that comment was referring to Raven and her arc in the comics and season 4 of the show.

1 Like

sounds cool, I will check it out!

1 Like

One of the main feedback I get constantly as a Sylvanas fan from anti-Sylvanas types is “how can you like this character, she’s capable of cruelty.” Or something along those lines.

I was watching a lecture from Dr. Jordan Peterson who summed it up really nice, he said, “You might say that someone who is incapable of cruelty is a higher moral being than someone who is capable of cruelty. And I would say that is incorrect, it’s dangerously incorrect. If you are not capable of cruelty, you are absolutely a victim to to anyone who is. Part of the reason people enjoy stories about villians or anti-heroes, it’s because there’s a part of them crying out for the incorporation of the monster within them, which us what gives them strength of character and self-respect. Because it’s impossible to respect yourself, until you grow teeth. If you grow teeth you realize you are somewhat dangerous, you might be more willing to demand others treat you with respect. It doesn’t mean that being cruel is better than not being cruel, what it means is being able to be cruel, and then not being cruel, is better than not being able to be cruel.”

I think this quote perfectly sums up why I am happy with Sylvanas’s redemption arc and why I still love her as a character, even more now that she has both sides of her soul and can now self regulate.

1 Like

I liked the dialog of Sylvanas up to where she said it was her burden to bear - but what was said after that, was frustrating … like it should be obvious that Arthas is not one to be forgotten; his legacy has literally scarred Azeroth and the lives of so, so many.

A lot of people would be less mad @ Sylvanas - if Jaina & Uther at least got there own dialog; but it feels like Blizzard is scared of doing longer cinematics even if it offers closure to players.

Honestly I’d love if they didn’t have Sylvanas burn Teldrassil / full throttle demonise at all, and just retcon the burning along with BFA & Shadowlands, but I know they won’t … The story I use to love with endless wonder & glee now just feels it has been desecrated & twisted into something that just fills me with absolute utter sorrow now.

2 Likes

I think that part was more of a message to the fan base, that it’s basically time to move on. That Arthas had his spotlight and his legacy is done. There isn’t anything else they want to do with the character :wolf:

5 Likes

I mean heck, I am no Arthas fan, but even I have made posts about including him in the lore going forward, because like him or not, he is a consequential figure in the lore.

I have made posts about a Rematch for Silvermoon - maybe Sylvanas rejoins the Horde, and leads the defense of Silvermoon, while Arthas rejoins the Alliance, and leads the invasion of it. I wanted her to get her redemption/resolution on the battle field. At least settle the score, 1 to 1.

But now all that sort of talk is over. I am glad to see things concluded, one way or the other.

2 Likes

When they said the plan to move into a new story arc after Shadowlands I am pretty sure they really super meant it, yeah.

There are a few fragments of WC3-BfA lore lurking around they will likely use again such as Azashara but overall they are just… done with legacy story elements from the RTS.

5 Likes

Has this guy ever said anything of value?

3 Likes

He’s the head of UofT Psychology… he’s pretty respected here in Canada, but also controvercial… so yeah, I would say so.

When was the last time you read anything he’s written Smallz?

1 Like

If in any conversation, I am on the other side of someone defending the charlatan JP then I know I stand on the correct side.

Even my most insane ramblings are better than what JP passes for intellectualism.
He says one token good advice that a child could tell you like… cleaning your room or be better but then follows it up with the most insane stuff.
Since you seem to view feminism so important and today is international women’s day perhaps you should check out what this guy has said in numerous interviews regarding women to galaxy brain intellectual giants like Ben Shapiro.

3 Likes

I don’t know anything about this JP person, except people talk about him in political discussions, and people link videos of him waving his hands around, and he looks annoying, so I never watched one.

I couldn’t tell you anything about his positions. It always seemed that Conservatives or Libertarians bring him, so I just assumed this JP person leans to the right. Which is why I didn’t expect to see Ren extolling him, Ren always seemed about the feminism. Maybe it is a Canadian thing.

2 Likes

He’s a Centrist, a Liberal or a real progressive Conservative.

He used to be politically far left but became disillusioned with the utopia the left was trying to create, because at the end of the day he’s a realist.

He gets pushed by the conservatives and the right because he’s outspoken against gender politics, but not radical. He just critical of gender identity. But that doesn’t stop the right from radicalizing his criticism of gender theory. He’s a respected psychologist. He’s very critical of religeous indoctrination, but stands up for freedom od speech.

Angela, the woman behind Ren, likes to consider opinions from all across the political spectrum. Angela/Ren is very open minded (or at least she tries to be :stuck_out_tongue:)

I like his opinions on free range parenting, co-dependancy, indoctrination theory. I am critical of his views on gender and gender constructs, especially since it invalidates Trans rights. He lowkey supported our recent trucker convoy so that’s dumb of him, don’t agree with that but all he really said was “listen to them, hear them out.”

Way better, and still more politically correct than following Joe Rogan.

Most people in this forum would love him and that’s why I chose him to voice my thoughts because he is an advocate for free speech against political correctness. Surely the people who lean right in this forum cannot find fault in someone who speaks for them right?

Right?

To quote ol’ JP, 'Without free speech there is no true thought.’

He does offer good advice most of the time. He just puts his foot in his mouth when it comes to trans rights, etc. It’s one of the main reasons I have a hard time respecting him. Even when he does say some good things :wolf:

1 Like

His stance on trans people is honestly deplorable. He’s a psychologist too, so you think he would understand his impact on the industry and how psycologically damaging it could be to invalidate people. I wish ge would give the same courtesy to trans advocates as he gives white supremists who hate the government.

3 Likes

I don’t know.

You did once accidentally say Blizzard needs to justify the existence of black people in WoW (for those unaware, it was definitely just poor wording).

Maybe not your most insane ramblings…

4 Likes

I’m just curious as to what side you think you are on to be honest. Can you elabortate more on ‘your side’?