9.2 = A Sylvanas Dream Come True

i could be wrong but as far as i know, you must complete the entire questline to see the encrypted epylog, its not bound to the raid, but the questprogress.

So…it could be more then two weaks…

Yup. Tolkien wished to give England its own great tale, as to Tolkien’s eyes there was no distinctly British tale, all they had was imported by the successive invasions from the mainland over time.

2 Likes

Are you being obtuse or you genuinely don’t know what cleaning your mess means?

I want you to be specific of what “cleaning your mess” means. Why do you refuse to elaborate? It’s a simple question.

“Release every soul” does that mean bring them back to life?

Yup. Please need to keep in mind is good proof towards the end he was outright trying to sabotage Sylvanas and the story as much as he could, as he knew he was heading for the door.

1 Like

The mess he made by sending souls to Maw. Clean it up by freeing them from WoW Hell. I would even throw Revendreth in the mix if I knew more about what is going on internally.

One thing is for sure on the list, clean up the mess he made in SL by funneling souls to WoW hell, which means freeing the souls he sent to the Maw. I hope this explains what going to WoW Hell and cleaning his mess means.

So the mess is sending the souls into the maw? Not the act of actually killing people in the most horrible way imaginable en masse.
Is that correct?

So if he corrects that soul destination issue then the mess is cleaned and the wrong righted. Did I understand your point corrected?

Can you offer some ideas of your own on how Sylvanas can clean up her mess? Smallz?

I imagine its the only one which can be addressed effectively. She has trillions of souls to ferry back to Oribos if that is what she is sentenced to. That’ll take a pretty long time.

When you pull back the curtain on the afterlife and its specific mechanics, killing someone becomes sort of ineffective as a punishment as you cannot imagine they are in your personal concept of oblivion. So that’s right out.

Even tossing her in a crypt in Revendreth for a few thousand years is out now. She has already accepted her misdeeds and that she needs to face the consequences, so she isnt a candidate for Revendreth anymore. She has already completed what they work to do with unwilling souls.

You’re being baited into specific answers so they can be picked at from a vacuous position.

4 Likes

Just so we’re on the same sheet of music, we’re currently talking about righting wrongs. I think the first order of business is to get them out of the Maw. The act of killing them likely warrants time spent in Revendreth.

On another note, I wonder what type of punishment Uther will receive, who’s judgement does he submit to?

None of us really know what’s going on internally with Sylvanas and Uther. I’m afraid I have more questions than answers.

My first problem with all this is that this mess CAN be cleaned up.
Making amends, righting wrongs… balancing the scales.
Its just categorically impossible to achieve.

Yeah sure we can throw her into purgatory and make her into guide for all the damned. But thats just making a horrific situation into a terrible one. What I am trying to say is that this balance sheet will always be in the red. It is impossible for Sylvanas to ever “right this wrong” because she is unable to jump back in time to stop herself from doing it in the first place.

Since she is one of the original characters since WC3 I don’t see her staying away for too long or at all. She has to be involved in the story too even though I think she deserves to be shelved for a couple expansions.

If I had to come up with an idea. Yeah ferry the souls but when she returns we will see her in some smoldering manacles. Kind of like Bolvar, these chains acts (a reference to jailer and arbiters punishment on him) as her punishment where she feels the pain of all the people of she burned alive.
She ferried their souls and now has to feel the pain she inflicted on them too. That sounds fair to me.

2 Likes

no, that will not be possible, but to release them from the maw…bring them before the arbiter and guide them to their proper afterlive, in terms of the night elves…for example to ardenwaeld.

I like how you are moving the goalposts to now being “it has to be in the book”.

The part of the book Christie is referring to is when Anduin mentions that the food is poisoned. Following that moment Garrosh might have changed his ways if it was not for Kairoz and “TIME TRAVEL!!!”.

But is that really true now in the story?

The Covenant’s have assaulted major positions in the Maw. Multiple Maw Walkers have been running in and out grabbing souls.

Once converted into an armor in the Maw, going by what happened to Arthas, there’s nothing to save after.

Are we really supposed to think that the Covenant’s left masses of viable souls in the Maw, for a completely unknown future in which Sylvanas would be sent to save them?

They (Devs) might do that, but it seems a bit of a reach…

Sylvanas needs therapy after having her soul mended. I can only imagine what’s going internally and she could be a ticking time bomb. Does she recall everything? If so wouldn’t she recall why it all made sense to her in the first place?

I have more questions in this regard.

Honestly with the nuVanas I wonder what afterlife she deserves after freeing the souls she sent to the Maw. RG is all about serving, while Sylvanas is a fighter at heart, but some atonement may be the answer if she’s a ticking time bomb. That covers all the covenants lol.

Why wouldn’t she recall anything? She has showed no signs of memory loss.

1 Like

The Timeway exists. This is possible, she would just have to ally herself with the Infinite Dragons and help them alter history.

“We might have seen a very different Garrosh”

Wow it’s nothing, that quote could mean literally anything. Why do you automatically assume Garrosh would have done a 180 and repented and said he was sorry.

Btw, the scene where Garrosh speaks to Anduin, he makes it seem like Anduin was getting through to him only to reveal he was totally unrepentant and told Anduin his mum should have miscarriaged.

If Sylvanas manages to not make the mistake in the first place, then she would have righted her wrong.
Until such time there is nothing she can do to right her wrongs. Maybe the best thing to do is just throw her into the maw and we never see her again. Like Arthas.