9.1 Tyrande cinematic

Oh I love that I’ve gotten under your skin that much. Thank you.

If anyone read it they would know that it is a 13 year-old study that does not single-out story in any meaningful way but looks at all aspects of modern MMOs because it is baby’s first senior thesis.

I was just curious, your power tantrums are amusing to behold though. It has made my morning all the better.

Just because it’s what Tyrande WANTS it to do, doesn’t mean it’s what it’s MEANT to do. It’s not Tyrande’s power, it’s Elune’s.

And it fading so quickly implies that either A. Elune isn’t as strong as fans keep hoping she is. B. Elune herself canceled it because she’s not actually down with that Tyrande is doing. Or C. Tyrande is trying to give her life to kill Sylvanas, and Elune doesn’t want her to die.

If it’s only about Elune’s will and now it’s gone, what was Elune’s plan? The night warrior accomplished nothing so it seemed like Elune had no plan or reason to give the power to Tyrande.

4 Likes

The forum wont let me like anymore posts so instead I’ll just quote you so people can read it again.

2 Likes

Elune’s plan was to lead Tyrande on a wild goose chase for months.
“It builds character”

3 Likes

You guys aren’t hard of hearing, but I am. Tyrande whispers something before she does her dumb DBZ jump.

“My life for hers.”
Elune depowered her so you could keep your hero character.

1 Like

Marketing doesn’t hype up the story, they hype characters. TBC was Illidan, WotLK was the Lich King, Cataclysm was Deathwing and the changes to Azeroth, MoP was Pandaren, WoD was the warlords, Legion was Sylvanas and Varian, BFA was the faction war, and Shadowlands was the Eternal Ones. The setting can be considered as another marketing tool, due to Deathwing being shown to destroy landmarks and how the Eternal Ones represent the zones they belong to, and the setting is also often considered a character itself. In BFA’s example, faction tribalism was used for commercials as faction pride is a reason why many players engage with the game, much like how sports fans engage with sports. Night Elves often feel like a faction of their own by some players, which can be attributed to them being so in Warcraft 3, but characters and factions are not the story.

https://tenor.com/view/umm-confused-wtf-blinking-okay-gif-7513882

Except Tyrande dying and taking Sylvanas with her would be much more satisfying than a deus ex machina de-empowerment, Sylv flying off again and people who want Teldrassil to be avenged left blue-balled again. In my opinion, anyway. /shrug

7 Likes

What do you think was used to market Shadowlands?

“Night Elves and Night Elf fans are more important than literally any other fans combined. You don’t deserve your raid fight, we deserve to see Tyrande kill Sylvanas.”

My mistake. Was suffering a migraine earlier and mistook Eternal Ones as First Ones.

2 Likes

Aight, it’s clear that text is a s***** way to convey tone, but I did not mean that at all. I was idly speculating about what I would prefer to happen, knowing it wouldn’t be feasible in reality.

Show me where the Nelf fans hurt you, sir.

1 Like

Blizzard has no qualms with characters swooping in for the credit of killing the boss after we beat the tar out of them.

1 Like

Yeah. I’d expect Tearanda to killsteal after we got our raid fight.

The raid is the one kill stealing Tyrande’s kill.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tyrande suddenly appears in the cutscene after Sylvanas is defeated to get the official kill

It’s incredibly generous for you to let her live in your head rent-free.

1 Like

Why did Tyrandes Make a stupid “my Laufe for hers” thing at all? Did the devs forget she can use starfall?

Two things:
“The power is Elune’s, the wrath is all mine!”
Tyrande denying Elunes wrath. Stupid for herself, especialy as high priestes.

“My life for her.”, could be why Elune didn’t help her, to keep Tyrandes alive.

It’s rather complicated to keep everything going for the raid.
Some Moments were for a WoW ingane cinematic neat. Throwing both of her weapons was stupid.

All in all, it’s in for SL which isn’t saying much.

You do realize Sylvanas hurt the Horde more than she turn Tyranda, yes? Blizzard even had an old god whisper specifically about her taking her sheep and leading them over a cliff, laughing as their carcasses were eaten by crows.

She doesn’t. Night elf fans pay her dues.

1 Like