9.1 Tyrande cinematic

lol.

19 Likes

Called it on the Nathanos thing =)

EDIT:

Loved the cinematic, loved the animations, Tyrande and Sylvanas’s facial expressions are both really well done, hints at interesting new lore. All good.

23 Likes

Tyrande looks cool. Got some cool lines (“The power is Elune’s, the wrath is all mine!” was great) Fight was neat. Glad that Sylvanas is still portrayed as caring about Nathanos.

Will say her blasting off like a rocket after Sylvanas looked kinda goofy. Also unclear why she was attempting to choke an undead to death, unless she was attempting to just rip her head off. Which, honestly, I don’t want Sylvanas to die just yet but if she had to go that mighta made it worth it.

34 Likes

inc 1k threads for another 12 years about how elune is bad because tyrande couldnt one shot sylvanas a raid boss.

21 Likes

I don’t have many bad things to say about this - although maybe I’d be a bit more critical were I not aware of the requirements of this cinematic (that is that we still must have a Sylvanas raid, etc). I thought the Nathanos bit was particularly interesting though.

Good development on the whole - and I can say that I’m interested (as opposed to dreading) to see what’s coming next.

Edit: I probably should elaborate a bit on this point.

Sylvanas has been built up as a hard target by now. She’s not “some guy with a bow”, and has demonstrated her martial chops. Despite this, there isn’t a real point at which Tyrande can be seen as not being in control of the situation, except at the very end when the power for some reason wanes. During most of that fight I’m seeing her driving Sylvanas back. The cinematic also does a decent job of establishing that the Night Warrior power actually is a power, and gives some additional insight into what it actually does.

It’s also not just a fight scene. Like I mentioned with the Nathanos thing, it drops something that could potentially advance the story - a piece of information that both characters are aware of and that does actually appear to matter on a level that hasn’t been communicated so far in the plot.

33 Likes

their fight looked really cool, but i will say i am afraid of whats gonna come to these forums after that ending

6 Likes

Well props to Tyrande for being the first person to be ready for Sylvanas’s evil fart cloud escape. She only does it everytime.

Shame her buff wore off there at the least convenient moment but hey sometimes that’s how it plays out.

61 Likes

Ugh… Sylvanas is just… so tiring.

Even Tyrande got tired of her.

15 Likes

A thousand fan artists are licking their lips and furiously sketching out sweaty linework based on that choking scene.

54 Likes

I loved Tyrande in that cinematic but leaving all the awesomeness of the fight it all came down to the same thing we all expected… The power of the Night Warrior failing to accomplish the one thing meant to do which is to kill Sylvanas.
So there goes our big power up to be wasted.

31 Likes

This just turned into Dragon Ball Z like a third of the way in.

23 Likes

Is Tyranding sounding more and more like a troll to anyone else?

5 Likes

Did Tyrande always have those little bottom fangs or is she slowly morphing back into a dark troll and growing tusks?

5 Likes

I actually think this is the least troll-like she’s sounded in a while tbh

2 Likes

Not to me, but maybe you weren’t around when her VA was horrific in that department.

I remember… oh, do I remember.

2 Likes

Been playing a very long time. She sounds like Talanji here to me.

2 Likes

This seemed fine.

Ehhh not really.

This is pretty pogchamp.

1 Like

So Elune, pantheon of Life, doesn’t give her to power to kill?