9.1 - Pet costs 10,000 Polished Pet Charms

I’ve done it on a fresh 10 numerous times, on the targets I listed. Are you trying those targets with a FRESH level 10 allied race? Every target has a different loot table with what seems every level. So those are the only ones I can confirm. (I’ve had multiple friends confirm them too)

I literally made the Void Elf, took the tram to IRonforge, flew to Thelsamar (after remembering the flight path book), ran back to Dun Morogh, found Mangeclaw, killed him a few times, and got carcasses. (He respawns in ~60 seconds). Then I ran through Loch Modan to the Wetlands, killed the slimes, got multiple slimy bones. Then talked to Chromie, changed to wrath time, took the boat to borean, killed harvest collectors, and got the gear.

And I got the rabbit foot on a level 1 human. I had 5 by the time I had gotten enough copper to mail it to my main from the quests.

3 Likes

Thanks for that, after hour of working the bears in Hillsbrad and no carcass drops tried Mangeclaw. Fresh level 10 created yesterday got the bear carcass on second try. Side note, Mangeclaw also worked for my 52 mage.

Did come across a strange memory effect. Yesterday the new level 10 grouped with that mage to get to Hillsbrad more quickly. Bear farming while grouped, the 10 was getting usual bear drops (but no carcass). The 52 got a Stubby Bear Tail on almost every kill, occasionally some bear meat.

Level 10 decided to go it alone and left the group. Now he started getting the Stubby Bear Tail too. Mage, now ungrouped, ported off to Caverns of Time to Old Hillsbrad Foothills. She got no loot from any of her kills there, not only couldn’t loot bears but cats, spiders, anything else.

Level 10 tried again today. Now never gets the Bear Tail. 52 Mage had stayed in Old Hillsbrad and now was getting loot normally, including Bear Carcasses.

Apparently being in a group and leaving it, somehow it remembers loot tables in effect while you were grouped.

Quick and easy way to get Rabbit’s Foot, takes maybe 10 minutes.

Make a new Human character at Northshire.

Do the first quest you’re given: Kill 6 Blackrock Worgs. They drop the Rabbit’s Foot; I got 2 just doing quest, and another by killing a few more.

After finding a mailbox to send them to an alt, can delete the new Human.

Yep. Only works for Alliance though.

Horde’s best chance is to make a Tauren character and kill the wolves around the zone.

Suggestion to Make this pet worth the 10,000 Pet Charms:

Allow this to be our first Epic Quality Pet. Make a new standard of making hard-to-achieve pets epic quality. That way they’re limited, but still achievable.

For instance, you could make the 1200/1400 pet achievement pet Epic as well, as that’s a lot of dedication.

But be limiting on what pets can be epic, and mindful on if their ability sets might break the meta with epic stats.

I’m going to be wary of ever spending charms on stones, or even on cageable pets again.
When SL released I had no reasonable expectation that a 10000 charm item would be placed on a vendor.
This will lead to more players hoarding, and spending less.

As far as Epic pets go - perhaps this new tier of pets could only be used at certain tamers - or even in a new mode of pvp?

1 Like

10k might seem like a lot but if you got a few level 50+ and a complete set of rematch script for BFA and Shadowlands, and do all of em every day you’ll get thousands easy. td script would make pet battle go a bit quicker!!

I was getting getting The Stoppable Force from Black Temple and SSC. I was averaging about 2 per run (over multiple characters).

Hardest for me was the Dark Iron Baby Booties. Ran BRD about 20 times just to get 3 of them. They just were not dropping from the coffers in the earlier runs. Thank goodness you can reset the dungeon after each run and it doesn’t take long to collect the keys and it is easy to get to where the coffers are. Got some good transmogs I never had, so that’s a plus :slight_smile:

I decided to collect 3 of every item needed in case they allow multiples or they may change it to 1/1 instead of 3/3. Gonna start working on collecting the other items after I finish with the weeklies for my characters and catch up on their callings, I am a bit behind lol.

I havent been to these subforums in close to half a year but some things never change, like a thread of Maizou complaining about something as always

anyway if you haven’t been able to stock up close to 10k charms then you’re doing something wrong, I have about 15 unused stacks in my bank :woman_shrugging::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The only reason why i don’t have 10k already is because I was using them on leveling stones and buying pets.

When this was announced I only had about 1700 or so. I’m now at over 5500. Thank God for my legion of alts.

1 Like

When Shadowlands actively encourages people NOT to play alts, it’s a bad system to introduce a pet for 10k charms, which practically requires a legion of alts.

Especially when the system they built for pets in Shadowlands is about trading pets from other covenants to get the ones you need from the covenants you aren’t a part of.

That’s a lot of pet charms you need. I fear for people who need Battie and Steward Featherling post 9.1, because most pet collectors will be saving up 10k charms, they won’t buy them to sell.

I already have 10k charms, but that’s because I actively did Pet Charm WQs on 30 toons for like 3 weeks after finding this out. I literally burnt myself out on world quests doing them.

Agreed, makes 0 sense that they would put this price tag on a recolor pet.

If someone has been able to sit on 10k+ of pet charms, I guess more power to them. This will simply be unobtainium kind of content that I will never even consider on the list of things I think a single individual can do. This is with the consideration that there a host of other pets to purchase and obtain, friends I never endingly try to enjoy pet collecting (heaven help me to try and convince them to pet level and battle). This is the placement of content on a pedestal that goes beyond being a feature of the game that folks will enjoy and simply making it a piece of work almost no one will, except to talk about how uncomplimentarily expensive it is. That’s just a diservice from the implementer to the artist, in my opinion, because it’s a waste.

If there was a wider economy of gold to pet charms where the currency was actually being traded, I could see a glut or something where people start to obtain and trade them directly. I think that’d lessen the value of the pet trade market, which is commodity based, but it’d justify astronomical prices like this.

Pet charms != gold

I’m just glad I’m a connoisseur of large slimy bones

Finally just got to 10k, I had about 8k saved up when the news broke about this pet. I feel like it still isnt worth 10k, but still more obtainable than the stupid 400 honor level pets… Why dont more people complain about those guys!!

2 Likes

We did, and eventually gave up. You’re right, it’s far easier to get 10,000 pet charms than 400 honor.

4 Likes

Maizo do these have to be done on brand new toons or can I get them with my lvl 60 main?

The three you mentioned are all possible with existing high-level toons.

Baby Bootie drop rate not as awful as it sounds, 5% seems to per coffer, and there’s 9 of them in the room. I’ve gotten a bootie both times I worked BRD.

My preference for The Stoppable Force is Karazhan trash. Got two my first run, one the second run.

Got Robble’s Staff both times doing the Firelands raid. Only real problem there is one of the bosses, who roams, sneaking up on you. No problem taking him, but means can’t rerun the raid till next week.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info Chrummie

One of my DHs (lvl 49) was running ZG the other day and noticed that she got x2 Robble’s Wobbly Staff when she went to clear her bags at end of run. She was killing everything and skinning all the fish & crocs.