9.1 - Pet costs 10,000 Polished Pet Charms

Yeah I seen the long bone on my realm listed for $50,000 gold …

1 Like

I had to dig deep into my alts to find at least one toon that hasn’t done that Lucky Chest for the unlucky rock…so far found 1 alt that got it…LOL

2 Likes

I just did a full run of Kara on one of my alts – she killed every mob in there. She looted x2 of The Stoppable Force.

What is WCP?

I think they are referring to Warcraft Pets and their Discord server.

Link: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17306

1 Like

Thank you Kyzera.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

For the record, even if the Baubleworm has something unique from the other 3 Baubleworms (as Muffinus hinted they might add), it still isn’t worth 10,000 charms.

No pet should EVER be 10,000 Charms. Period.

This game operates based on the assumption people are buying pets with their extra charms to sell to people who either don’t have the time to farm charms, or want a pet but don’t like pet battles.

A pet for 10,000 Charms is counter-intuitive to this entire system. ESPECIALLY in Shadowlands, where there’s pets like Steward Featherling and Battie locked behind the Covenants. These pets will be pretty much impossible to find for MONTHS, if not YEARS for people who don’t unlock it themselves because of this single pet being added.

250 Pet Charm pets go for 20-60k. A 10,000 Pet Charm pet will go for MILLIONS.

This is bad all around. For the community and for the economy.

This pet -needs- to have its cost lowered to 5,000 or even 2,500. That way it’s still a charm sink, but instead of limiting people to one of them, they can actually buy multiples to sell to non-pet battle lovers who want a gold baubleworm.

2 Likes

This just feels like another shadowlands time sink, yet another shadowlands grind.

Everything in this expansion is meant to take you all expansion to get so why should this be any different?

It stinks. I have 8,000 right now because I am still trying to sell some excess pets i bought for the AH, guess I will start saving all of them. I feel like boycotting this pet but it isnt like blizzard will actually do anything and drop the price if nobody buys it.

Disappointing…

2 Likes

Update on the 10k PPC baubleworm pet: It now occasionally emotes and puts a 10 second “Prismatic Light” buff on you that causes a rainbow to trail after you as you walk/run. AFAIK, the other baubleworm pets don’t have this or any kind of player interaction.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, will people that are reflecting prism’d do the buff? (please and ty)

Is this Warcraft Pets discord?
Is there any more info about the items not dropping out of chromie time? Because I have some fresh DHs and old toons (60) and have been farming the bear carcass and it isn’t dropping at all. (Not in chromie time for any of the toons) That included the 2 rares in Felwood where it is meant to be an 80% drop. Something isn’t right.

We just know that for some reason, the items only drop for completely fresh level 10 allied races.

The Bear Carcass is easily farmed in Loch Modan on a level 10 off Mangeclaw, it has a 50% drop chance and he respawns in about 30-60 seconds.

The Bone is easily farmed going through Loch Modan to the Wetlands, killing the slimes at the entrance to the wetlands on a fresh level 10.

The Gear is easily farmed killing the robots in the fields at Farshire in Borean Tundra on a fresh level 10.

3 Likes

This is really strange, so old toons can’t get it off chromie time? It has to be a brand new, newly created allied race?

If you don’t want to make a new allied race character just to farm for the bear carcass, you can go into the Old Hillsbrad Foothills dungeon and kill Vicious Gray Bears.

Almost all the items can be collected using a max level character.

3 Likes

I got the carcass from Mangeclaw multiple times on an old level 30 character in Cataclysm Chromie time. However, I had no luck with the slimy bone on that character (as noted it needs to be new), nor on a two-week-old or day-old allied race (both in Cata Chromie time). I made the newer character sometime after these things were announced and had not logged in on it yet, so I’m not sure why it wasn’t working, but I will try some other methods. All three characters I tried in the area were getting different loot. I haven’t tried to farm for the gear yet.

The suggestion to make a new human for the rabbit’s foot is the best option, as even a level 10 character that started in the human starting zone very recently was getting different loot.

2 Likes

That may be the goal - to reduce the glut of certain pets on the market. You’re going to sell fewer pets so you can save up for this. On the flip side players who decide to skip it will get better prices for their pets. I hope it has a great move set.

Same thing here, gave up on non chromie time on new DH and old toons, logged into an old level 27, got it first kill off some bear in felwood, then tried on her for the rabbits foot and nothing, made a new allied race and dropped after a few kills. Very strange loot behaviour and very frustrating. x% drop should mean that, not some convoluted x% if played a fresh toon only in chromie time and only for the first kill ><

2 Likes

Because of how difficult this is to get it’s probably going to sell for like a mil +.
Probably worth grinding out for that alone.

1 Like

Getting more and more frustrated trying to figure out what we need to do to get the old familiar “junk” to drop now that it has become useful. After trying for the Bear Carcass on a 32, a brand new 10, and a max level Mage with no luck, tried the Old Hillsbrad. with the Mage. She can’t even loot any of her bear kills.

Having originally enjoyed idea of making all the old annoying junk drops suddenly useful, now starting to wonder if this another Blizzard timesink until someone figures out WTF we need to do.

1 Like