9.1 - Casuals Paradise

Keep spendin’ most our lives livin’ in the casuals’ paradise

6 Likes

I’m confused because easy to get upgrades at the beginning of the next patch cycle have always been a thing (or at least a very long time). I still remember the tournament dungeon in Wrath aka the loot piñata where it was all mostly free epics all day.

:cookie:

4 Likes

I can’t disagree here. Have you met other humans?

Did a casual hurt you? That’s oddly specific.

14 Likes

Well seems with all the unsubscribed players that the core of wow’s base was casual player’s. Raider’s only make up a smaller percentage of the base. Really IMO Blizzard listening to raider’s killed this games player base. Most all raider’s “I used to be one and I didn’t care what way you geared” act like a elite bunch of snobs “not all raiders” that just want to hang out and show how much more better they are with their raiding gear and come into mythic dungeons and watch the dps meter and boast with their ego. I believe this is where all the criticism comes from this entitled mind set. You call it “welfare gear” it just shows where most raider’s minds are. The games player base was “casual” quester’s and gearing from questing and that’s what made the game fun. Hopefully Blizzard will continue “9.1” to make content that makes the game fun for all with the eye on gearing up.

9 Likes

OMG, 16 year old conversation… cry more noob.

And here is the required response: I pay 15 dollars a month, just like you do, blah blah blah…

I don’t wanna raid, don’t have time for it. I don’t generally like guilds because theres always a clique.

Make 1/2 the game for casuals and 1/2 for raiders.

I wont do your content, you dont do mine.

Deal?

3 Likes

Obligatory “Then why do you need our gear?” response here.

4 Likes

:rofl: You said it friend! :laughing: :+1: I’m so tired of ppl putting us casuals down. I like to collect pets and mounts, that’s fun for me. It’s a game and should be fun. I don’t put down raiders or players that do mythic keys. There’s levels of fun to be had by everyone, no reason to be salty

13 Likes

I only want the gear needed to enjoy casual PvP, which is stupidly high, but I think a lot of people just want to feel they’re advancing their character. I would think catch up mechanics should be welcomed by the raiding community as it offers fast gear paths for alts and potentially brings in other raiders with passable gear.

13 Likes

It’s one of the more player-dividing issues in my view:

The top players’ opinions on what everyone else should be entitled to.

It’s preposterous.

I still believe it comes down to self image from the elite players. I’ve been elite in other games. It’s just not the accomplishment so many folks treat it to be. It’s like saying you’re in a top guild for Tic-Tac-Toe. Outside of the t-t-t arena… who cares? Nobody. That’s who.

The hardcore players who are not worried about their own coolness are just playing the game. They don’t notice the casuals… or what casuals get for their effort.

12 Likes

This is 100% on point. If a player is unable to advance their character, then there is no point in playing said character. This is true for any game, not just Warcraft. So it boggles my mind, when people sitting on pedestals, are looking down their noses in spite at us peasants, as if our mere existence is a threat to their survival.

I mean, if we are a threat to you, then perhaps you aren’t as good as you think you are?

18 Likes

This is the most off the wall, skewered and ridiculous definition of casual ive ever seen. Im guessing youre one of those people who rage at your own guildies because you didnt get the loot again? You sense that casuals ( i personally call myself a carebear) are getting decently geared without going through all those extreme measures and thats getting under your skin?

Why is what another person gets doing what they want to do bothering you at all. The casuals that are complaining should be just sent on their marry little ways and applied to your ignore list…if they are hindering your objectives. The rest of us are just happy with what we got, wont intermingle with people like you, and will continue to smile and work forward while you continue to rage over what other people get.

Theres a reason i became a carebear in this game. Its to avoid players like yourself. Good luck getting that loot that continues to escape you…but dont blame it on casuals.

17 Likes

Funny how nearly 17 years on, people still don’t understand this.

It’s never a problem of Blizzard listening: it’s more a matter of what side they are listening to at a given moment in time, and how much the balance dial between casual and hardcore is getting turned in a particular direction.

1 Like

Watch out elites! I got an i207 piece of armor yesterday to replace my i197 piece of armor. A whopping 10 item level upgrade for a single piece. Clearly the end is nigh! Flee for your liiiiiives.

10 Likes

Thats a good upgrade…Ill take it!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This will get me a vacation, or at the least one more yanked post, but:

It’s called e-peen.

The large measuring festivals are detrimental to the entire player base.

5 Likes

There’s a lot of truth in what you say.

I guess we all hoped that with so much practice (17 years, as you say) that they’d be better at balancing the wheel.

It’s always loud and wobbly; barely hanging onto the rickety cart named World of Warcraft that is painfully dragged down an uneven road by the players.

Why does someone’s nose always have to be out of joint?

I’d go even further and say that progression is core to any RPG and WoW defines it mostly by gear. I’d also say there are far more casual players than progression players.

2 Likes

Not casuals paradise. But friendly to:

1. People returning to the game.
  2. People new to the game.
  3. Alts.

It’s a catch up mechanic to the latest content. It brings players together. I’m sorry but I prefer this way. Game was not meant to be a chore from 1.0 content all the way to the latest patch.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t say “free”. The upgrades costs are pretty steep towards the end.

2 Likes

I specifically altered my post to avoid saying it, because I’m not in the mood for another forum vacation right now. :stuck_out_tongue: