9.1 - Casuals Paradise

am a casual and hate the place. The biggest thing I miss is flying letting me explore where I want to go. same with the Maw.

3 Likes

There is no casual content that feels worthwhile in 9.1. Didn’t even do Tazavesh like I originally thought I would because I watched a boss guide and the place looks boring as hell.

Korthia is boring. Sylvanas doesn’t die. Yawn.

I think by casual content you mean unrewarding chores.

6 Likes

I bet normal and heroic raiders are very happy with this /s

Over the course of 12 months. Players have to be exalted with deathshead rep to be able to aquire the last two ranks, the final of which costs 10000 knowledge per piece. The dailys give you about 300 rep a day and maybe 500 knowledge if your lucky and spend a few hours grinding rares and chests. Its already way worse than the anima grind for covenant gear.

2 Likes

There is no welfare gear. Thanks for the hyperbole.

4 Likes

It’s a pretty great tank trink for the time being. Crafting one as soon as I get to tier 4.

1 Like

a lot of people enjoy gate keeping other players, its a wow tradition.

also a serious number of players make money off players by selling services.

they hate anything that allows people to have fun without paying them.

this is the first x pac where rep or basic gear is actually good and is a real effective response to the gatekeepers and boosters.

they don’t like it.

kudos to Blizzard!

6 Likes

Truer words have rarely been typed.

8 Likes

I guess I’ve got the mentality of a completionist, but no longer the ability to do so.

I’m sorry, that was not my intention. I do like major components of the game. I wish I could play more and get into it more. I want people to enjoy the game; I’m intimidated by my struggles in 9.0 and 9.1.

Honest question though. How would you define what it means to be a casual-player? I would define it as somebody who plays it in their spare time and a more leisurely pace.

1 Like

I’ve always considered a casual player to be somebody who plays 2 hours or less per week.

4 Likes

It has transformed to mean the literal opposite, someone who spends all day playing WoW in anti-social content.

1 Like

The worst part is you still have to do saving the pixels/Baine, Thrall, and Jaina in borefast before you can get the quest for Korthia. Already did that crap in Torgassfart on two characters. Alts should get the quest automatically, if you have done already on one character. Unless there is a skip for alts somewhere I missed.

1 Like

Same here.

When they reach renown lvl 75 which is about 15 weeks :rofl:

1 Like

casual checking in.
Dumb thread. joke assumptions.
I dont want welfare gear…I want GOOD CONTENT.
This aint that.

4 Likes

That about 90,000 archar records to farm just to upgrade all pieces to 233. Forget the gating . It better to do heroic raid . Infact heroic raid gear sound more welfare epic than this crap . :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, that’s kind of how WoW works. It’s not supposed to be good for you to avoid doing social content. The anti-social content exists if you’re really adamant about not playing the game with other people (the way you’re supposed to) and Blizzard is more than happy taking your money, but WoW excels when you play social content. If you care about gearing, yes, you are absolutely supposed to want to do heroic.

So you’re saying a casual player can have fun, but there’s so much to do that you’re unable to do because you’re a raider? Holy moly rolly polly what a bad day for you. Sorry raiding takes up so much time.

Heroic gear is more welfare epic than open world gear ?? Nah that was never the norm

Social content is meant to be more rewarding than anti-social content. That’s the core of WoW’s design.