90 dollars for "early access" is awful

This, like literally this, so much this omfg.

:100: :100: :100:

3 Likes

Its not 90$ for early access. Its 90$ for all the other stuff included.

The boost 60$ value + 30 days of game time 15$ value which is a total of 75$ value. That leaves 15$ So you are basically getting the expansion for 15$ which is kind of a no brainer. The early access is just an added perk. So is the 1000 tenders and the Pet and Toy. If they 3 day early access is all you saw you must be blind buddy.

I bought it because out of all the options its clearly the best value. Like I said it was kind of a no brainer. With that said I will take launch week off. Expansion Launches are always a hot buggy mess. By day 5 the game actually feels playable. I will wait till then and have a more enjoyable experience. Like I do every expansion

1 Like

it is awful and offers no real advantage. blizzard isn’t affected by inflation like a lot of other places. so this, to me, is just money gouging

Other games do this so I really don’t mind. Besides, I never play a new expansion in the first few days to give them time to fix the bugs so I can actually enjoy it. It’s just three days, what’s the rush?

That’s the same thing I said. OP’s reply was that everything else was “irrelevant.”

1 Like

Why do people do this? Why do people knowingly, intentionally leave out key parts in order to make their arguments look better when any thinking person would go “… wait…”
I see this in Diablo IV a lot lately, too.

Why are you not mentioning the trader tenders, the mount with FOUR color variants, the xmog set, the character boost… the pets, 30 days of game time??

You’re making it seem like greedy devs, when if they sold all these things individually, it would be worth way, way more than $90. And you KNOW it.

Literally go away lol

3 Likes

You’re leaving tons of other stuff out too haha. If they were going to acknowledge everything it came with, it would diminish their argument. So they’re not going to. That’s the world we live in. Shut your eyes and cover your ears to anything that contradicts your delusions.

1 Like

Every time someone calls OP on that, they say that everything but the early access is “irrelevant.”

Not a fan from a principles stand point. I usually buy the physical CE either way so I’d be included in the early access, but at the same time I wouldn’t request off work for it either so I might end up missing out one way or another.

Still, yeah, I think it’s lame and I hope it’s only for this expansion and is something Activision pushed. No way to know that, though.

It’s not early access, it’s paying to play on the actual launch day, and if you don’t, you are told to wait 3 days.

This would only be true if the 3-day Early Access was the only thing different from the Epic Edition and the heroic. This could not be further from the truth though because the Epic condition comes with so much more. It may not be valuable to you personally so therefore you just ignore all that stuff but to a lot of us it actually matters

I have no intention on playing on lunch day because it’s a hot buggy mess I normally wait about 4 to 5 days to start playing. But I bought the Epic Edition just because of all the stuff it came with it made it the best value

You are literally doing with Mercator said above and just ignoring everything that the Epic Edition comes with except the 3-day access to try and make your argument look better

1 Like

massive price gouging

I really don’t understand the negativity about something that isn’t going to matter and is in no way necessary to play TWW. 3day early isn’t going to hurt anyone else’s progression and will let a portion of the community hot test the servers before the full onslaught of leveling begins. Beta access seems honestly more impactful and it’ll give folks like me the extra time we need to learn the dungeon boss fights and special features like professions or whatever.

So breaking it down: Base $50 Heroic $70 Epic $90

Heroic adds: mount, tenders, a questionable mog
Epic adds: beta, 3day, tenders, pet, toy, hearthstone, and a month of game time.

Game time is $15, so if the pet is worth $5 even, then the beta and 3day are free.

Heroic, the complex mount and its special content is no question a $20 item.

Base comes with the boost($60) so its basically either a free boost, or a free expac with the boost.

I wanted the boost to compliment my new raiding toon with a gatherer type, and didn’t want to level a new toon from the beginning, so expac… free. The gatherer came with solid 424 gear, so no wasted time or gold on the AH, just hit the nodes and off to the races.

Frankly, I can’t see how any of the package choices is anything other than a seriously good deal. They’ve seriously sweetened the pot this time around.

Choose whatever level you want, no one’s getting gauged this time around.

3 Likes

What’s the big whoop? I’d give you the early start if I could. I just wanted the mount and pet and game-time and such. And Switch games run $70 now. $90 with lots of extras is fine.

You’re not missing much. The only upside is you get to quest before the masses show up.

there’s 50 other things you get for that price. That’d be like saying 90 bucks is too much for a months free sub, since you also get that. It is just a perk you get with it. There’s 3 tiers of prices every single expansion.

A certain FPS with 6 month wipes has an exclusive $160 Early Access bundle…

I certainly didn’t buy it for the 3 days early access. I’ll take it, but I don’t care about it. What are we really talking about here?? It isn’t $90.00, that much is certain. The base TWW is $50.00, so at most, it is a $40.00 early access. But then take into account that it comes with a month of game time, a $15.00 value. Now we are down to $25.00. You can subtract even more off that based on whatever you view the transmog, mount, Hearthstone and pet to be worth, but I’ll be super generous and say $10.00. After all that, the early access is basically $15.00. A far cry from the $90.00 hyperbole.

1 Like

It’ll take three days before it stops crashing and disconnecting us anyway.

1 Like

So many people have short memories.

The difference between someone who farmed profession knowledge week 1 of dragonflight and someone who started just 4 days into the expansion was many millions of gold and months of progress.

1 Like