90 dollars for "early access" is awful

You forgot " the cherry :cherries: on top " :joy:

1 Like

Don’t pay it then simple.

Indeed, it is the latest addition to the industries ongoing effort to swindle more and more money out of its players and its never going away, get used to it its only gonna get worse until the whole economy collapses.

1 Like

Early access is clearly the only one of the many perks that you care about. That does not add up to it being the only thing offered, or to the other perks being “literally irrelevant.”

1 Like

there would be zero outrage if there was no early access in the epic edition and you know it.

you also know that launch night is something special for a large portion of the community and i’m sure you’re capable of imagining what adding a $40 surcharge does to guilds that try to experience launch together.

2 Likes

I agree that early access shouldn’t be a thing, but it’s actually less than five bucks, if you think the $70 package is worth it. (It’s actually a deal if you want the goodies, based on store prices.)

You get a month sub on the $90 package, which is worth about $15. Everything else extra over the next lower package is five bucks.

Now, if you want the early access, but don’t care about the rest of the perks, then it’s $40 for the early access minus the $15 for the game time, so about $25 for the early access.

I’m not paying for any of the extras, because I don’t want any of them. I’ll just wait 3 days to start, so I’ll be paying for late access.

I think it’s a trash idea, the same as battle passes that make you buy it every time because they don’t reward the currency to buy it again for free at certain points during the pass.

It isn’t like they are actually going to use that extra money for anything except buying another couple Ferrari.

I agree that there would be zero outrage. But that’s got nothing to do with launch being special for guilds; anyone who’s concerned about that will simply refrain from jumping into new content ahead of time, out of respect for their guildies who can’t do the same. It’s because the stink that you’re making over it is a minority opinion.

Is there any data to suggest that people are happy about 3-days early access being in the epic edition or are you just calling my opinion “the minority opinion” to make yourself feel like you’re in the majority?

There are multiple threads complaining about this topic with hundreds of likes and most commentors agreeing with the OP’s.

Every major WoW content creator has made content dumping on this with thousands of likes across them.

Are there threads calling this move a great idea with similar levels of support? Are there community content creators arguing that this is good for the game?

There’s no celebration of it on any real scale. There also aren’t that many people whining about it. Based on that: most players more likely than not just don’t care.

1 Like

did you pay it

They’ve been doing the same thing quite a while now. Pay a high price for early access. Kind of their thing. Bad roll outs. Bad expansion in some way. People generally peeved. But people keep paying up. One of the biggest gripes I have but with Activision gone there is hope. Small but there it is.

not yet, and i hope that i won’t.

it’s not a financial issue for me, it’s that the first night of a new expansion is a special thing in my guild (and every guild I’ve been a part of), and this early access add-on will probably destroy that. I am 100% sure that many of my guildies either won’t be able to afford this or would be making a pretty unfortunate financial choice given their incomes just to participate with their friends on day 1 like they’re used too,

I’m sure we all know plenty of people in this game who live paycheck to paycheck and have to finance the computer they’re playing the game on.

plus think about all the downtime during the beta test so if math is correct you may get a couple hours of beta

That was one of the “watch other people play” type of games. Dragon’s Lair was another one from the time, but I played that one 2-3 times at 50 cents a pop.

I put this on an earlier thread where somebody was ranting about this topic:

1 Like

Yeah but you’re either making obvious bad faith arguments or are genuinely misunderstanding the package.

First - Subtracting 15$ for game time is absolutely absurd. You’ve got to be very aware that a huge portion of the population are on long term recurring subs for cost savings (and free mounts at the higher tiers). That $15 in “savings” can’t actually be realized by most subscribers until their current subscription is going to expire.

The $90 epic edition could have 10 race changes and 10 boosts and 10 different amazing hearthstones and 1000 tendies. It could be financially a “great deal.” But as long as it had early access and cost more than the base edition, it is fundamentally destroying what launch night means for a huge part of the player base.

Early access is not a cosmetic or a service that maybe you buy later with an upgrade pack.

Early access is whether or not someone will be able to spend the excitement of launch day with the people they’ve played with for years.

And now that most special of moments is going to be polluted with who can afford to pay extra to experience it and who is missing because they couldn’t afford it.

This has to be one of the worst arguments I’ve seen yet, if someone actually enjoys playing with someone else why would it make a difference if one has the early access or not because logically they would still go together unless they aren’t actually that great of friends.

People against the early access are getting to be absurd at this point and it’s like it’s a perk like any other deal with it.

4 Likes

Eh, who cares, gonna be leveling for the first week anyway and i’m not playing with big guilds who are pushing high keys and raids. Let the elitists break themselves. I’m not preordering until like summer of next year!
I’m a “Loremaster” so gotta work on those Sojourner Achievements anyways! Hope there’re no more max level locked ones, I hate going back to a zone after 70 just for an achievement. And worse the stupid one’s which make you wait a few days!

1 Like

This portion of your response it totally flawed. It will be implemented as soon as whatever payed current time has expired. It doesn’t matter if it is the end of 30 days, six months or twelve. I have a monthly auto-renew. I have participated in other things such as the “Invite a Friend” and my billing went on pause for the reward time then removed afterwards. It’s like getting a time-paid as a gift from a friend.

Regardless, early access is a new feature to push the highest tier package. It comes with that one and only that one. You want it, you pay for it - your not entitled to it. What other subscribers choose to do as far as how they spend their money is totally irrelevant.

2 Likes