90 dollars for "early access" is awful

Is there anyone besides bobby who really thinks turning expansion launch magic into “do you have an extra 30$ to participate” is a good idea for the spirit of the game?

89 Likes

Hey you wanna play you gota pay… i think i heard that somewhere

2 Likes

I’m either convincing mom to buy it or farming gold for Tokens.

Delves basically saved TWW.

1 Like

The old adage is “There is no such thing as a free lunch.”

Even free games aren’t really free. Someone had to pay money to get it running, even if the means are/were detestable, due to human nature.

5 Likes

You can not pay it and get the base edition for $50

17 Likes

You get 30 days free, so it’s only $15 extra.

10 Likes

It’s $135 in Australian $ for epic and $105 heroic and $75 basic, I know conversion rates etc but I’d raver pay less than this.

3 Likes

You do get beta access as well as a free month sub. Who knows what the beta access means at this point though. It could be a couple months, it could be a couple weeks.

2 Likes

3 days. I repeat: 3 DAYS.

1 Like

Heard it amongs street walkers where I live.

2 Likes

Same. $64.99 - $84.99 - $114.99 Canadian is the current price here. Feels kinda steep.

But then again, my grocery bill has more than doubled (for the same food!) since the start of covid.

5 Likes

There was a 3 day early access? musta skimmed over it. I just bought tokens to pay for the expansion anyway, lol.

1 Like

It’s $15 more than what SL was. It is Microsoft after all. I think it’s worth it. They are gonna make this a very big project amongst a lot of employees. Remember that we are the devs income.

I think it’s worth the upgrade to see where the game is going to go.

5 Likes

It’s honestly no different from any other epic edition.

You get the game, you get the goodies, 1 month sub time, a level 70 boost. The early access is just a little extra thing

It’s literally the same amount as df epic

9 Likes

But they took an expac broke it into 3 separate expacs but charge the same price as when they had one but expac lol

6 Likes

^ … what???

2 Likes

That 30 days of game time isn’t “free.” You are paying for it.

5 Likes

I don’t care about beta access, a useless feature for me.

4 Likes

There are a lot of people for whom any additional time is critical. Notably, hardcore raiders, hardcore mythic folks, and anyone producing online content, especially guides.

Are you one of the people who likes seeing how well you can execute a known strategy, or are you one of the people who likes figuring out what the strategy is.

Imagine being one of the first people to discover the entrance to BRD. That those chains were not just decorative, but actually led somewhere. And then imagine discovering there was a dungeon down there. In today’s modern day of spoilers and add-ons, the only way you’re going to get that thrill is by being one of the first people there, and that means playing in the beta.

And that’s worth an extra $30 to many many people.

2 Likes

I remember when Afterburner with the moving cockpit in the arcade was something like $2 to play in 1987 or whatever. Now THAT was expensive.

7 Likes