90 dollars for "early access" is awful

I understand that 3 days isn’t a lot. In the long term it will not matter. So by that logic why is locked behind the most expensive tier? Why don’t ALL pre orders get early access? just like FF? Doing it this way feels greedy wrong and just disappointing.
The thing all you people who are defending this don’t understand is that, it is not the price we are angry about, it is not the amount of days in early access, it is the greedy slimy way they went about it! if you don’t think that this is a slippery slope to more greedy stuff down the line then you are delusional

2 Likes

It was shown when the pre-orders went live. Not like they hid it somewhere.

3 Likes

That’s not what I meant and you know it. I mean locking it behind the most expensive tier of pre order is gross

And yet if the current inflation rates keep kicking our collective rear ends, that $90 could potentially feel like a much bigger chunk of change in 8-10 months than it is right now.

I say if you’ve got the cash to spare and know for a fact you’ll be around in the next expansion, then go for it.

As for myself, I’m waiting for word on a Collector’s Edition as I vastly prefer those over pixels in a game.

WoD actually wasn’t bad for me, but I’ll raise you was what debatably the WORST launch:

Mists of Pandaria.

I say debatably due to the fact that I did the intro as Horde for the first time about a year ago. Seemed pretty straightforward.

Alliance however?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9AJ6wtp-f0

^ The bottleneck created by this was the moment I swore I would never take launch day off again.

First you had to contend with getting on the damn chopper. If you somehow managed that, you had to fight everyone else for kill credit on the quests, and that’s before all the lag and disconnects came into play.

My mindset since then is this: if I get the day off for launch, cool. But I’m sure as hell not going out of my way for it anymore. In fact, if I anticipate a launch bottleneck into a starting zone, I’ll generally see if things are better elsewhere if there is a new race/class at launch.

I’ve generally had a better experience approaching expansions from that angle since MoP.

1 Like

Why are people acting like it’s a requirement to buy it? Are you in a world first guild where those 3 days are crucial? No? Then just ignore it. Who cares?

2 Likes

I won’t be buying it for early access, so…

I wont either, I hope more people refrain from buying the 90$ pack just to show Blizzard we are not okay with this 3 day early access. Actions speak louder than words, I’ll prob end up buying the heroic edition but not the epic one. I don’t want to support a move that fuels more greed.

This isn’t a Bobby thing lol, this is a Microsoft thing. I think they have done this for like every game that has released under Microsoft since 2020-ish.

You misunderstood me then. I plan to buy it, but not for early access.

Ah well it is your choice; I have no right to tell you what to do. But I respect that you aren’t going to be one of those people who plays early access to gain an unfair advantage.

I mean, if I’m getting early access, I’m certainly going to utilize it.

“Hey baby. I logged in 3 days early 10 years ago back when TWW launched.”

adjusts wrist brace

“You want to join my guild?”

3 Likes

I must have misunderstood your statement then. What did you mean by?

I won’t be buying it FOR early access. I will be buying it for everyone else. Early access is more of a happy accident.

it’s 100% worth it

I don’t think anyone seriously buys a 90$ pack for early access. Ofc its just an added benefit, maybe there are a few people who would buy it exclusively for that. But that is few and far between.

2 Likes

Kind of what I thought too, but the thread title suggests otherwise. Early access seems to be a sore spot for some people.

1 Like

+1

Terrible idea.

7 Likes

It is not a good idea, but I also don’t think it’s the end of the world. I think criticism is deserved in this regard, I’m a big WoW fanboy too but I understand people’s frustrations regarding this.

1 Like