9.0 Dragon Isles looking More and More Likely

We got the island quest drop that hinted Wrathion was interested in the Dragon Isles and asked if we’ve ever heard of them.

We have the other island quest drop hinting at a new population of twilight dragons in Grim Batol (thanks to Maizou for reminding me)

We have a lot of dragons involved in heart of azeroth stuff in 8.2

We have Wrathion agents sneaking around in various spots in 8.2

We have Blizzard developers saying they’re not quite ready to talk about what Wrathion is up to yet, similar to how during Legion they said they weren’t ready to talk about what Jaina was up to.

And now we know the 15th anniversary rewards will be a black dragon-themed mount and pet. The anniversary starts 2 weeks after blizzcon.

The hints are definitely adding up.

23 Likes

Here’s hoping we get Next Hero Class: Dragonsworn? (or: Why Bards, Necromancers and Tinkers Don't Work) and 🐉 Official Twilight Highlands Allied Race Megathread !!

I vaguely recall, during MoP, the developers stating they were taking a break from dragons. As someone with a mild obsession with all things draconic, I hope the break is over!

5 Likes

I WILL be getting that mount.

6 Likes

Confirmed: Wrathion for Warchief.

12 Likes

Interesting. Never heard of this place until now. Had to look it up. Looks like it was intended for BC.

1 Like

Yeah, the recent mention of Wrathion’s current goal to find the place has me quite hopeful!

wowpedia is saying at least in the original concept they were supposed to be Old God related so if next xpac is Old God stuff like many predict than Dragon isles could be the new continent for that or at least a patch zone similar to argus

1 Like

Please roll out dragon model updates with this expansion Blizzard :sob:

13 Likes

I wouldn’t mind some dragon stuff. I’m tired of Demons, Old Gods, Kult Turan crap and random Horde NPC’s that are everywhere. I wouldn’t mind some old fashioned dragon and dragonkin enemies.

10 Likes

Yeah, it would tie in well with Wrathion as our “representative” leader, vying for control with the Old Gods of something that could return the dragonflights to their former glory.

I’m still hoping for Horde specific leveling content and Alliance specific leveling content. Definitely not a fan of shared leveling like in Cata, MoP or Legion. Gives me no incentive to get on my crappy Alliance toons.

I dunno. People thought an Old Gods expac was imminent then we got BfA…

That said…I would like this a lot.

They better not bring back Onyxia again.

2 Likes

Worse, Sinestra!

PTSD Kicks in

1 Like

Depends on the context. Shoehorning in faction flavour is almost as bad as ignoring it when appropriate.

In any case, I hereby renounce my membership of any and all factions if that means I can instead dedicate myself to a dragonflight. Even Wrathion’s.

I could see Wrathion and Ebonhorn acting as faction-exclusive agents, even though they’ve worked with both factions in the past.

2 Likes

Ugh, I can see that happening, and I kind of hate it. I want to see those two interact positively. Not in rivalry introduced to continue the farce of a faction war.

1 Like

Is Drogon going to kill all of us?

So do we get to get rid of Anduin as he goes over to the Horde?

The new high king should be a Wildhammer!

Nope, factions united by marriage.

But make Falstad High King, anyway.