8.3 = full time job?

So as a player coming back to wow for 8.3 after starting BFA and quitting after the first raid tier (or before) which most players did. You now have to do

+ilvl

• correct secondary stats
    +AP grind
  • Azerite armor trait farm
  • Essence farm
  • legendary cloak farm
  • corrupted gear correct affix’s farm

Systems on top of systems on top of systems for literally no reason. Poop on top of poop is still poop.

Remember wotlk where classes were fun to play and you just needed to gear up? Now we have Korean mmo endless grind systems.

Also can’t even forget to mention some of these things are time gated. Even essence that are a prior patch will still be time gated to get in 8.3 what a joke.

412 Likes

No 8.3 is not a full time job.

Every MMO has grinding. You grinded in WoW back in Wotlk, didnt you?

Yes I remember WOtlk and yes it was fun.

47 Likes

Not even close to the grinding in current wow. Lol you could get geared up pretty fast and be PvP and dungeon ready.

112 Likes

Yea it’s pretty bad. I hope shadowlands isn’t like this. If they get this right it could be TBC2, I am optimistic for some reason.

17 Likes

You can do the same in current WoW.

5 Likes

Most patches and grinds are labeled full time jobs. People begin the patch power-hungry, ravenous beasts and do everything possible to keep up with others. Fast forward a few months and the narrative changes to “there’s nothing to do.” Pace yourself.

46 Likes

You really can’t not at all. Maybe if you want to do heroic/mythic 0 and random bgs but nothing like arena

27 Likes

Maybe you should rethink your priorities before returning. What do you want? Everything rewarded to you on the first day back?

Put a little effort in and before you know it you will be back on the forum crying that there isn’t anything to do.

25 Likes

lol people mentioning can get geared up prety “fast” and be dungeon and pvp ready… you all forgetting this is a monthly pay as you go MMORPG
“fast” is not a good think for that type of MMORPG’S survivability. and or sustainability.
regards.

2 Likes

@OP, what are your 8.3 endgame goals? You may not need to push yourself as much as you think.

6 Likes

If it takes you 35-40 hours a week to do the WoW content, you’re doing something wrong.

27 Likes

You’re right bfa is thriving!! what was I thinking? Handed to me no? But I should be able to grind a character for a few weeks and be optimal for content that I wanna do. I shouldn’t Have to grind for months on end!

34 Likes

Ironically posting on a classic character where people are grinding AV 12 hours a day :rofl:

32 Likes

You’re posting on a lvl 60 classic character and complaining about a grind?

ok.

27 Likes

Optimal is for the players that stuck with the game and didn’t quit. You get sufficient for straying off.

5 Likes

I’d like your source on that.

Yes, if you haven’t played for 2 whole patches you’re going to have to do some catch up, but no, it isn’t nearly as bad as you’re trying to make it out to be.

17 Likes

If your not spending 40 hours a week on this game your doing something wrong. This be a full time job bruh.

4 Likes

I, too, hate when RPGs I play have tons of content and complex character development.

What are we even complaining about here?

24 Likes

My question is: if I solely want to PvP, will the conquest rewards keep me competitive or will I get stomped by corruption gear?

As an altoholic I bounce from toon to toon ALOT!

4 Likes

To be honest you only have to grind if you wish to stay current in this system for this patch cycle. If you want to just wait for the next expac then simply bum out this patch cycle and bring up a baby alt. The work level always is dependent on what you want to get out of this game.

6 Likes