8/28 Scheduled Maintenance: What are they fixing?

massive lag in zones is one and its pretty bad delay

i hope they fix it

The prepatch event rewards were probably way too powerful. I haven’t played DF since release and after returning and easily gearing up to 480 just from the event, makes pretty much everything trivial.

prepatch event rewards were pretty low ilvl tbh, anyone who played end game in s4 was coming in well over 500

1 Like

Well obviously there’s some range here, nobody is asking for quadruple health pools.

This is probably mostly a mistake of pre-patch event rewards being too powerful.

I stopped playing DF very early on, and I was only in low level 400ish gear and was doing M+ and Vault of the Incarnates.

If I had still that same level of gear going into TWW, it probably would have been a lot different.

We really don’t know that until our items are brought back. I get that you want to be positive about this, but it is a huge bug, akin to rolling back a server filled with billions of work files in an IT corporate environment.

1 Like

It’s a new expansion and they never do what they should pre launch or EA also lol
They probably do some server side stuff… put in the changes they talked about and get in some fixes since QA is non existent at the company.

I think they’re buffing me as well. MM Hunter Sentinel is now buffed by 300%.

Its not the event gear at all… that’s i480.

If you actually PARTICIPATED in Season 4 at all, i480 gear dropped like candy, AND you had plenty of time to super casually with little effort upgrade i480 gear to i502 gear… essentially baseline “didn’t even try hard at all” S4 gear was i502…

If you actually put effort into S4 (say Heroic Raids or low level Mythic+), now you’re talking i515 gear. Not even counting the try hards with i524ish gear

There were already TONS of players with i502 and i515 gear walking around from S4 when i480 gear from the event came out… so no, it wasn’t too high.

The scaling changes don’t require a 2-hour maintenance window to hotfix in. Most likely they are attempting stability improvements considering how bad the zone lag has gotten.

Last night at around 1am my time, Ringing Deeps crapped its pants and everyone in the zone was reporting 800-1000ms of ability delay. Complete server-side issue at an off-peak time. They’ve gotta do something.

2 Likes

And yet blizzard has a history of overcorrecting.

But you got your way. Enjoy the extra time waste on trivial content

The fun that was detected.

1 Like

Then that means Blizzard isn’t wrong in scaling up the mobs.

I just know that I quit around 410 or something and came back to nearly a 100 item level bump with free loot.

Let me be clear, I’m not complaining but 1-2 shotting mobs is boring, and my bear druid with wearing mostly 360ish gear, because I rarely played him in DF was destroying initial quest mobs. I also don’t want to nearly die/take forever to kill them either. Someone in an ealier comment said Blizz has a way of overcorrecting, I am hoping that they didn’t scale the quest mobs up too much.

1 Like

They gotta feed/replace the hamsters.

1 Like

Glad they are catering to players who want long leveling experiences, then quit shortly after

We gotta report them to PETA for hamster abuse.

I’ve been playing on and off since vanilla, and yeah that’s probably the largest demographic is people who have historically played on and off. Especially early on in an expansion.

It would then go on to reason it’s especially important to try to retain as many of us as possible for as long as possible.

To be fair, that’s a result of all the poor people showing up…

/s

The ugly on your face ohhhhhhhhh jk <3

Imagine bringing down the servers for 2 hours on launch week for something like this.