8 rep grinds for flying

If you feel that “preaching to the choir” is contributing to the thread, that’s great. More power to you. You are not leaving any room for actual conversation, though. By using absolutes, like you are, you’re saying that yours is the only valid viewpoint and you’re automatically shutting down all others. And, yes, you’re doing it in a very “drama queen” like way. You’re all “Poor us! We find the game not fun to play to get rewards! POOR US! We don’t find the game fun!”

Anyhow my point is that you’re shutting out any reasonable discourse. This thread started with the OP creating the thread in a way that only encourages “yes men” to respond. So, I’m done here. You can keep being drama queens. I’ll not bother you anymore.

Grinding rep used to make sense in WoW. But ever since post WoD grinding rep has taken a turn for the worse.

1 Like

This timegate on flight is ridiculous. I am probably more annoyed that I have to wait for part 2 to be released than doing the grind at all. Even more frustrating is all the flying mounts they add to the game only to say oh you can fly just yet but spend your $25.00 on this brand new mount. The kicker of it all is how returning players have to STILL go through the pathfinder process on OLDER expansions. REALLY??!?? Flight should be just given to all when the pack is over. The frustration for me is bigger than the grind. I was bored waiting for part 2. I had enough of warfronts, WQs, I wasn’t even bothering with IEs and nothing dropped in raids and I didn’t bother with pvping. So this is my last month and they are finally releasing flight and I could care less at this point. If flight is killing your content, then you need to work on your content not punish your customer.

4 Likes

Most TBC attunements required everybody to be attuned at the start in order to zone in. They eventually started relaxing the requirements later on in the expansion. Kara in particular wasn’t changed until a year after the expansion launched.

As much as I love flying, this is just a little bit hyperbolic. Flying isn’t really mandatory since they refuse to add anything that requires flying to do.

That is true, I haven’t been around since Vanilla, but from what I can gather if you wanted to level your characters level you:

• Do quests
  • Grinded mobs

And to progress gear wise you:

• Did dungeons
  • Did raids
  • Crafted gear with mats from dungeons and raids

And rep tabards back in Wrath only gained you rep when you killed things in a dungeon, they didnt give rep for slaying mobs outside of them.

If I wanna gain rep nowadays, I can:

• Do WQ’s
  • Do Warfronts
  • Complete Island Expeditions
  • Complete Emissaries when available
  • Quest thru relevant questchains/zones

If I wanna gear up, I can:

• Do raids on 4 different difficulties
  • Do dungeons on 4 different difficulties
  • Complete WQ’s
  • Do Warfronts
  • Complete Emissaries

If I want to level I can:

• Dungeon
  • Quest
  • Do BG’s
  • Complete Island Expeditions
  • Complete Invasions

In terms of choice and freedom, i’ve got tons of it.

All of the options you mentioned for current rep gain I don’t like doing. Emissaries and WQs to me are one in the same because in order to complete emissaries you have to do WQs…I despise doing WQs due to the excessively lengthy amount of time I have to spend trudging through convoluted terrain that is packed full of mobs…I don’t like doing island expeditions either…random pet/toy rewards be damned. Warfronts are dull and boring also after doing them a few dozen times…it’s nothing more than gear for transmog to me since the ilvl isn’t very high, and once those sets are complete it’s not worth continuing to do. The last option you mentioned is something we ALL have to do in order to get Loremaster which is needed for Pathfinder so that’s a no brainer. But even then you only get to Honored with the story quests. The rest of it is a monotonous, boring, time gated grind doing the same dull tasks day in and day out. You can only gain so much rep per day which makes it very infuriating. During wrath I could grind as much rep as I wanted other than the once daily quests through the tabards. Rep gain was at OUR pace not the devs’

Edit: Here’s an interesting thought. Ever done the quests in the Ghostlands? By the time you finish the quests in that zone you were at Exalted with Tranquilien and yet that rep doesn’t give any benefits outside of being able to buy better gear from the Quartermaster there. Why can’t ALL zones award rep like that where as soon as we finish all the story quests we are already Revered/Exalted so we don’t HAVE to do all that other BS? I’ll tell you why…because Ion and his team want us logged in and doing their chores as much as possible to pad those MAU/DAU metrics :roll_eyes:

If you’ve played at least in MoP, you’d know that our ‘choices’ has greatly diminished since then. Notice how you didn’t mention a single thing about PvP, because Blizzard has pretty much destroyed any gear progression through PvP. Now the game is heavily PvE oriented. World PvP isn’t even fun anymore because you have to do raids or mythic dungeons for the best possible gear anyway.

At least back in MoP, flying was a reward for reaching max level. Now we have to complete a bunch of requirements and wait MONTHS for flying. It’s ridiculous. Flying should’ve been implemented in 8.1 at the LATEST. There’s not much freedom when they make us play the game that they want us to play it and then give us flying when they feel like giving it to us. Flying shouldn’t be delayed like this. It definitely wasn’t in MoP or the earlier expansions.

1 Like

They’re isn’t. The only reason there is and the only reason that matters is because it’s the way the devs want it. You’re not designing the game, they are. They’re the ones that count when it comes to making decisions on the way the game is developed.

1 Like

Why? Give us a valid reason why… Other than you want it.

1 Like

Because I want to fly. Does there really need to be another reason?

Also, to me, 8.1 was a complete failure of a patch. Absolutely nothing in that patch interested me and I found myself not playing for a while until 8.1.5 came out.

But seriously, I just want to fly already. I’m sick of doing anything at max level and just want to level the rest of my characters up with flying, because I’m honestly sick of not being able to fly.

3 Likes

this is the way it is now, it isnt going to change

you either adapt or unsub

im choosing to adapt even though ive hated most of the time ive played so far because ive been doing nothing but world quests preparing for flying and unlocking allied races

1 Like

What is the valid game play reason to gate it for 10 months?

4 Likes

Yes, because you’re not the decision maker, and if you want to influence the decision makers throwing a tantrum is not the way to do it.

There isn’t a valid game reason to gate flying to a second patch. That is why the original intent in WoD was to gate it for the first patch. First patches in WoW historically come out a month or a few months post launch.

2 Likes

The valid reason is that the people who make the game design decision want it that way. It’s their game, they get too make it how they want.

I’m not saying it’s reasonable, but it’s reality.

The devs don’t want flying at all. They wanted to take it out completely. Pathfinder is their compromise.

LOL it’s not a compromise when it was something that was FORCED on us. Compromise means an agreement between two parties wherein each of them gives up something they want to appease the other. We were not consulted or told about Pathfinder until it was already a done deal…there were no discussions or feedback of any kind. Therefore it was NOT a compromise. And adding this Part 2 BS where they now time gate it for several months when the original didn’t HAVE a part 2 means they even went back on their original design, so no definitely not a compromise in any way shape or form

4 Likes

Idk, but I’m still waiting on that epic questline to unlock flight they mentioned in that polygon interview back when they decided to add it back during wod. If they consider reputation grinds epic, then it’s no wonder this game is in the shape it is in lol.

3 Likes

The devs wanted to take our flying completely. The players freaked out (rightfully so) blizzard said, ok you can have flying but you’ll get Pathfinder.

Boom compromise.

1 Like