8 rep grinds for flying

You didn’t even quote my entire post. Read the whole thing and then tell me it’s still a compromise. I’ll call you a bald faced LIAR

3 Likes

I did read your post. Blizzard compromised and gave us flying back, but put it behind Pathfinder.

2 Likes

Nope…not a compromise no matter how you phrase it…it was forced on us by Ion and his team in retribution for all the forum rage and people who quit because of it. The devs couldn’t get their way so they threw a tantrum and made us pay for it with Pathfinder. It’s dumb and does nothing but piss us off by making us wait almost a YEAR to get it back

3 Likes

Sooo I mean…lol If you want to waste real money buying tokens to put on the AH for your gold influx cool for you.
For those who do not want to sink their real life cash into this game, farming gold for flight is just like farming reps for flight.
These two arguments you have brought up go against one another.

Believe we’re all “waiting” since we’re all playing this game, or have taken a temp vaca till flying comes out.

I for one am in full agreement with this. Give those who want to invest gold into flying what they want, and those who aren’t bothered by PF will keep doing as they do.
But I doubt Blizz will ever be which is unfortunate.
I will say this though on the gold for flying - even if they were to allow that, who’s to say they won’t still keep it gated until PF p2 opens up? Which I’m sure is something they would probably do to keep it on an even “playing field” so to speak.
Pathfinder doesn’t bother me, holding it behind PF p2 gating is annoying but it isn’t game breaking for me or a reason for me to get upset. But then it takes a lot for me to be upset.

Ok sure. Not a compromise. You’re still here waiting for it though

This. What people need to realize is that blizzard doesn’t want flying. They want it out. Even if they let people buy it with gold they can time gate it, or makes it cost something ridiculous. Sure you guys asked for flight from the start so here it is, for the low low cost of 200k gold.

Actually no. I’ve unsubbed and will more than likely not return until Ion and his team are no longer making design decisions. I’ll check out classic but other than that this dumpster fire of a game is dead to me. Everything that Ion and the B team have done to this game has utterly destroyed the love I once had for it

3 Likes

Then why are you still here complaining?

Classic didn’t have flying

I’m well aware…however I happen to know that an entirely different team of devs will be in charge of classic, so I know Ion can’t screw that up too. Classic has the original game world so the Barrens isn’t split in half and Darkshore isn’t a royal pain to navigate like it is now…also the talent trees will be back, and I can go do my Linken’s Memory quest in Un’Goro again…also, enhancement shamans are awesome in classic. Nothing’s better than triple windfury crit hitting something and watching it die instantly. All the things that I loved about the game will still be there…outside of flying, which I’ll gladly give up to get the rest of it back

1 Like

tbh Classic is a totally different game altogether

Yeah there won’t be any of the QoL we have now. Rogues will be good again. (I know they in demand now, but that’s fairly recent)

If you are referring to QoL like dungeon finder and CRZ and all that other BS that killed server identity and killed social interaction…Um that’s a big fat NOPE. Classic will BE classic and won’t have all that garbage. Now things like items stacking to 200 and not having to train spells and AoE looting and multitag mobs…those are minor things that although they are nice and all, I can do without. There are so many better things vanilla had that have been drastically altered or removed entirely that I liked so much about the game back then, that I have no problem losing what little good things that retail has left to revert to classic. Group quests will actually have ELITE mobs again, 1k needles won’t be under water, and I’ll have my special quest chains to get my various totems again, or berzerker stance, or poisons as a rogue…you get the idea assuming you were there at the time. Then there was the awesome quest chain for the WW axe and the crafted armor set as a Warrior too…I could go on at length about the things I miss that they took away from us

2 Likes

Assuming you quest to level and complete most of the basic story quests in each new zone you should have many times the necessary gold to purchase flying in an expansion.

The only time it was really expensive was in BC when players were new and there was less gold overall and even then it wasn’t expensive.

MoP’s Wisdom of the Four Winds costs 2,500g and requires Artisan Riding which costs either 4,000g or 5,000g depending on reputation. This is the same cost as Master Riding.

Presumably one would already have some level of flying from the previous expansion but the upper ranks aren’t actually required. Even then, purchasing every level of flying in MoP was only 12,500 with no Exalted reputations.

I routinely make 10,000g + through quest rewards and vendoring green gear per alt.

There’s no reason why purchasing flight should require selling a token for gold.

2 Likes

Well, first off you should never ASSume.
I’ve been exalted with every rep so far this xpac since roughly November give or take.
I’m not complaining nor am I ignorant of past xpacs as you seem to think I am from your post. I’m very well aware of how much past xpacs cost gold wise when it was simply to just buy it at the stated level it was available at.

Did you even really read my post or did you just jump right onto the use of a token to obtain gold?
I threw in purchasing a token to debunk him coming back with that idea.
My whole post to him was to show how much of a contradiction he was being.

Personally I don’t use real life cash in this game and haven’t used it since tokens were implemented in WoD.

But you see, unlike most(not all)ppl in this game, present company included it seems, I do not PRESUME that everyone else plays as I do, nor do I PRESUME that everyone pays for their sub the same way I do. That would be asinine to do, yet here we are.

When I am addressing someone on something, I don’t just go half minded into something and make blanket statements just so I can get my time in on a forum post. I look at it from all sides, and not just from my personal perspective.

1 Like

Man, your sure are testy about a game you don’t even play.

2 Likes

Perhaps testy for the same reason I am, the game I’ve been addicted to for over a decade is becoming increasingly unpleasant to play. There’s still good parts, but they are increasingly circumscribed, and for no good reason.

5 Likes

8 rep grinds that you get exalted with by farting. I got exalted before the first AOC with the reps and I’m extremely casual and barely did dailies for WQ caches.

1 Like

Its because they quit in protest then come back to the play the game realize they shot themselves in the foot…

1 Like

LOL no…I quit due to the 9 month+ long wait for Pathfinder part 2. My reps are at Revered and that’s where they will STAY because that’s all it requires. I have several other reasons why I unsubbed but the massive time gate on PF part 2 is the biggest. I have ZERO interest in grinding rep for these 2 new factions and it’s not shooting myself in the foot because until PF part 2 goes bye bye along with Ion and the B team I’m not coming back

3 Likes

Then i guess what i said doesn’t apply to you! Ive seen people leave in protest and then complain about pathfinder part 1 when they come back

1 Like