8 rep grinds for flying

So making us wait almost a year is fine since you get a mount???
That might be ok with you but it’s NOT ok with me. I could care less about this new mount. I wanted to fly about 6 months ago, which was at least a good month or so AFTER I finished the requirements for PF part 1. FFS let us fly already!!!

While I don’t think we should get flying at the start for a new xpac, I do feel this is a little too long to wait. Only a little.

So flying is still not unlocked after all the grinding players have done since BFA launch? Great game heaps fun.

1 Like

Wow, such drama queens.

3 Likes

I don’t see how this bears any relevance on the topic my dude.

If you want a open ended MMO experience, where you can carve your own path and craft your own tale, go find another MMO, WoW will never be that game. You can get partway their via RP (which I do) but having it be reflected with ingame mechanics will never happen, it will drastically affect the content that everyone’s here for.

This is a irrelevant to the topic at hand. I don’t need to do bgs to unlock flying. However I do need to get to revered in pve bfa content. 2/10 because I did respond.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is being a drama queen. There’s absolutely no logistical reason we should have to wait a year for flying. Can you name one? Also, there’s nothing fun about rep grinding. Shouldn’t the game be fun?

This part I agree with. Flying released in zones after 6 months would work better. Certain zones. Like zuldazar are NOT fun to get around. Or nazmir where they decide to pit a champions quest halfway across the zone. Surronded by mobs.

You’re trying to say the game isn’t fun without the ability to swim in air. I’d say that’s hyperbole and artificial drama right there.

Just because it’s been that way since WoD doesn’t make it desirable. If that’s the case we have had flight for longer than path finders existence and it should be granted with the xpac instead of dragging it out.

Like I stated previously the goal is to appeal to a larger base of players not the opposite. WoW was pretty healthy in it’s older xpacs and I don’t understand the want or need to take a dump on players that were happy. Removing core features from a game is not okay just to add it later and make players so annoyed by the requirements that it turns them off of the game.

There will be aspects on the game that are disliked but those can be tuned and tweaked but they borderline outright refuse to address this or tune anything about it. You can say we’ll there’s nothing wrong with pathfinder and I can argue there wasn’t anything wrong with flight either.

2 Likes

No… nobody that I personally know nor myself likes grinding rep in and of itself. It is meaningless, unrewarding and boring. It’s simply not fun. The community hates it and always has.

I can see grinding rep if you want a specific reward that makes sense that is not something mandatory to the game being tolerable… like the terribly long slog with Netherwing dailies to get dragon mounts in TBC. That makes sense to me. There’s a clear reason and a clear reward. You can choose to do it if you want… or not. We can’t choose to not rep grind for flying.

Allied races are like this too. Totally optional grinds. No reason to complain. Nobody needs a reskinned race if they don’t like doing all those quests.

There it is again. You are trying to say the game is not even tolerable to play without flying. Very drama queen like behavior.

I’m not sure why you feel the need to troll or name call, but anyways. Yes, flying is mandatory. We will all get it. It is a feature Blizzard gave us at the beginning of xpacs and then took back and then time gated.

It’s a core feature to the game. Blizzard opened pandora’s box with allowing flying. It’s not our fault they want to close it but don’t know how/fail at finding a meaningful and interesting way to accomplish what they really want to do with flight.

4 Likes

You’ve apparently never been here since the beginning then, because once upon a time, you could literally do ANYTHING you wanted and still progress in the game. Now it’s all about a BS rep grind that isn’t tied to anything worthwhile EXCEPT flying via Pathfinder and in order to gain that rep, we have ZERO options outside of WQs, and the mission table. Back in Wrath we had rep tabards we could put on and go do ANY content we wanted and still passively gain rep in addition to doing daily quests. We had OPTIONS…we had FREEDOM to play how we wanted. Now it’s only ONE way or no way…that is piss poor game design and laziness and ineptitude on behalf of the devs. The older devs were MUCH smarter and more talented, and realized that not everyone is going to want to play the same way…so we had MULTIPLE avenues to achieve the same goal

2 Likes

The point isn’t whether not it’s difficult. The point it’s boring, repetitious, busy work. Of course it’s easy and that’s kinda the problem? The content is pathetically easy to the point grinding out the rep is boring.

There is zero need for the grind. Literally zero need - I understand pathfinder, and I do kinda agree with it but this is how it should be done.

1: Explore all the zones.
2: Unlock every flight path.
3: Complete every story path.

And boom done because those things are actually fun and exciting.

It’s not fun or exciting to do boring world quests. If the content was actually engaging or fun. I think we would see a lot less complaints about the rep grind.

3 Likes

So yes. I have no problem with doing 1, 2 and 3. That makes sense to unlock flying. Complete sense. Even if you don’t think all parts of that are the most fun, it still makes sense why that would lead to flying. It’s not time locked. It’s not tedious. It’s new and engaging content and if you disagree with that, it’s whining. Someone carefully crafted all that content. Repeating the same retreaded things is not fun or good content or make any sense.

2 Likes

QFT ^

Legion wasn’t so bad even though it used the same system due to all of the awesome artifact weapons and class order halls and the unique legendaries. It was something new and exciting…we had a whole new class to explore as well, so the fun factor was off the charts. BFA on the other hand, has NONE of the elements that made the game fun during Legion and doing the WQs/Emissary stuff this time around feels more like a job than playing a game

2 Likes

If you feel that is trolling and name calling, whatever. I’m simply calling it as I see it. But self introspection is apparently too much of a chore for you to do, so whatever.

If you don’t see how I’m contributing to the conversation and you are not, then you don’t understand trolling or the concept of trolling. Sorry? /shrug

Amen…

Not sure about prior dev team being smarter/talented. I think its more that the current dev team is driven by metrics and spreadsheets instead of a fundamental desire to make a game they enjoy for others to share in.

Kaplan constantly spoke of fun and not treating wow like an ant farm for testing. Ion seems to be completely opposite.

2 Likes