8.3 PTR Datamining SPOILERS

Fine, I guess I’ll just double post.

1 Like

There’s something really chilling with Thrall reenacting the Blood of Mannoroth situation. Though in thinking about it, it actually makes sense. After all from what I understand Thrall isn’t in connection with the elements out of his sense of guilt and thus them reaching out to him would highlight the dangerous situation. Though I’m morbidly curious of what disaster could compel Thrall to decide that N’Zoth was the key to salvation.

The fact they’ve included Rexxar in the scenario is rather interesting and I’m convinced that Rexxar will be further developed in the future. I’m thinking he’ll serve a Rokhan type role or something… You know if Ogres become a playable leader I see Blizzard sliding Rexxar into the role of their leader. Like he reclaims leadership of the Stonemaul and moves to get the other ogre clans in the Horde.

Geya’rah being the last Mag’har was something and the fact she refers to Corrupted Thrall as the “The false son of Durotan” makes me wonder when she discovered the connection. Like did her parents learn off screen and mention it to her or did she learn about it while on Azeroth.

1 Like

Magni: Yer back! What happened?
Wrathion: I learned that it doesn’t take much for my friends to believe I betrayed them.
Wrathion: Doubt me if you must, but know that I will not rest until his smoldering corpse lies at my feet.
Wrathion: Champions, that vision was as much for me as it was for you. N’Zoth wants us to believe that my corruption is inevitable.

Apparently the Wrathion boss isn’t the real Wrathion but N’Zoth’s desired vision of Wrathion. However the Ra boss is the real Ra, due to having lost hope.

We use the Engine of Nalak’sha to power the Forge of Origination in order to unleash it against N’Zoth.

1 Like

Him, and Garona too. Blizz seems to be pushing her further in with the Horde. She was forced into service by Sylvanas, but attended Saurfang’s funeral and really could’ve skipped town by now.

Geya’rah referred to him by his orc name, not as Thrall which is what the vast majority of people, even his friends, refer to him as.

Makes me wonder why she’s calling him Go’el instead of Thrall. To me, she must know so she calls him by what ‘their’ parents intended to call him.

Well… I can accept the Forge of Origination being powerful enough to kill an Old God. Thing is supposed to be strong enough to wipe out all life on Azeroth. So hey, I can buy the thing is strong enough to perma kill an Old God.

2 Likes

Same reason Vegeta rarely says Goku.

5 Likes

Faceless Ones can utilize Fire Magic on the level of Aggramar on Argus!?! Just how powerful are these things!?! Why do they waste time with weaker Void Magic!?!

Normally I’m not a fan of “it was all a dream” style stuff, but considering this is the Old Gods I actually wish Blizz used more of it. I’d love to have a feeling of unease after N’zoth’s defeat, like we can’t trust that we actually beat him because he screwed us around so badly we could be lying in a ditch somewhere dying and we’d never know.

But that might be because one of the X-Files episodes I remember the strongest is the one with the mushrooms.

6 Likes
2 Likes

You know I’m kinda of relieved that the Rajani refer to the other Mogu as lesser clans. They may be friendly but they are still Mogu, with the good and bad.

4 Likes

Naah its not on the same level, you must remember that all the bosses in legion were dealt with god weapons empowered with god essence, so we were more powerful than we are right now, even with the heart of azeroth. and we were like one of each artifact at least so… alot of powert to take down agrammar, while here we probably have a new cape and the heart and just one hero canonically so not the same level by far…

1 Like

Visually it looks the same level aside from Aggramar’s Aegis. The sheer power looks the same at least!

Hype!!!

1 Like

Interesting. It really does seem like Bolvar is going to be an active player in the next expansion. I’d wager Elune, Bwonsamdi, and Vol’jin are also likely going to have prominent roles. Interesting … I could think of a worst cast to work with/for.

4 Likes

BREAK IN CASE OF EMERGENCY!

((WotLK 2.0))

6 Likes

Best Pupper already had a thread about it before wowhead, so check out the discussion over there.

2 Likes

8.3 [MRS] Magni Ra-den’s Sacrifice - IGC

Hm Ra-den redemption?

Also, I wonder if we’re going to Re-Aspectify the Dragonflights. BfA has built up a semi council of five dragons; Alextrasza, Kalecgos, Merithra, Chromie and Ebyssian.

I hope for a new dragon dawn on the horizon. Maybe not re-aspectifying them since that kinda undoes the end of Cata, but at least let them breed again.

2 Likes

Nozdormu is still around and he’s already getting pushed out by Chromie. Poor guy, no wonder he goes mad.

2 Likes

We haven’t seen nor heard from Nozdormu since Dawn of the Aspects, which is set around the time of Landfall in Mists.

Nozdormu knows the cycle of things. He’ll go mad and fall to corruption. Doubt he’s eager to do anything that would give him more power.

awww, thats sweet. thank you.

1 Like

I feel like introducing N’zoth and killing him in a single patch is a monumental waste of an asset that could very well be his own plotpoint for an entire expansion.

8 Likes