Sylvanas and the death knights and other IGCs (spoilers)

8.3 [DKI] Death Knight Intro - IGC

8.3 [DON] Death of N’zoth (Ny’alotha Raid Finale) - IGC

8.3 [BWE] Blackwing Descent - Wrathion’s Escape - IGC 8.3 [MRF] Magni Reactivates the Forge - IGC 8.3 [REM] Raid Epilogue From Magni - IGC

apparently i am told that during the death knight intro sylvanas appears and gives a speech. as for magni i was given this line

Since bein’ wounded by the Mad Titan, Azeroth has been cryin’ out in pain. In her hour o’ need, she lent you her power.
Today, at long last, she’s free from the grasp o’ the Old Gods. Her song rings clear and strong throughout this chamber.
Hold her heart with pride. Know that ye are more than a champion of yer people… ye are a champion of Azeroth!

the info comes from a dataminer on the SF discord, i hope you enjoy my thread. if you do please give me headpats. i appreciate it

edit: a friend gave my this screenshot of nzoth’s death https://twitter.com/Stiven_SRB/status/1186469109971771392

12 Likes

That was already known slowpoke.

really? did someone post it before me?

“until 9.0 when a green necklace will replace it”

9 Likes

This is news to me. Where are you getting the Sylvanas bit from?

same person i got everything else from, a dataminer on the SF discord. apparently sludge guards and royal dreadguard are in it

2 Likes

Where are they going with Sylvanas and Death knights? I like Sylvanas, and death knights are cool, but… whatever.

Is there any text from it available? The speech, specifically?

i can ask, but he only gave me the text from magni

edit: he says there is just a audio trigger

“24000”,“8.3 [DKI] VO - IGC”,"-- Check BroadcastText window for list of V.O. IDs

WaitForTrigger(""SetupLoaded"") 

– SHOT 1010 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WaitForTrigger(""StartShot1010"")

Wait(2)

--Actor.Sylvanas:BroadcastTextStereo(BroadcastType.Say, 141195) "
2 Likes

I really want to be hyped about this DK development, but after BfA storytelling…

5 Likes

Is Sylvanas going to raise a bunch of new death knights with her spooky new powers and be their leader or something?

dks apparently spawn royal dreadguard during the cutscene

1 Like

I guess I would go insane and create a bunch of necromantic murder machines if I found out the forsaken wanted to be a bunch of lightforged dorks… but this would be very sad.

1 Like

So…Sylvanas did nothing wrong at the end?

2 Likes

im hearing things that sylvanas is a placeholder so i dont know.
edit: some dataminers think its a placeholder while other think its incomplete. either way sludge guard appear

3 Likes

Well this sure is a bummer, if this is really the end of the Old Gods, killing the weakest one in such an anticlimactic fashion in an expansion he wasn’t relevant in until we were already more than halfway through the expansion.

It really does suck that they’re literally wasting N’zoth and calling it quits on the Old Gods for good. We should’ve gotten an Old God expansion, not a last-second raid. N’zoth has been one of the most persistent and omnipresent threats in WC lore, to see him finally show up only to be killed off in an expansion that was hardly about him is such a massive waste and a disappointment. I’m really sad to see him go in this way.

I mean, even if the raid and boss fight are actually good, it was so poorly built up this expansion and it just doesn’t feel like a satisfying payoff to an expansion he was hardly in. Sylvanas was more the main antagonist than he or Azshara were.

12 Likes

are you talking about the death of nzoth cutscene?

1 Like

I’m curious… are they going to go a similar route with the DK intro, in which you break free of your dark master - in this case, Sylvanas takes the place of Arthas.

Or are they going to have some explanation to say why raising more Death Knights is something that needs to occur?

im sorry, i dont have that information

1 Like

I know, I’m just thinking aloud.