8/24 - ANZ / Oceanic disconnections

Sod the classic servers. Id like the Live ones dealt with for once in the past year!

1 Like

I’m also being booted off every few seconds. I’m lucky if I can get on long enough to post one auction on the AH

*EDIT - I’m on Khaz’goroth

Absolutely nothing wrong with internet connection to any other media platform except for WoW’s OCE servers. who insist on DCing every couple of mins.

1 Like

Thaurissan here to round off more oceanic servers. Loving the DCs

Yeap Barthilas server, multiple people across guild and server getting disconnects

1 Like

Same dc\d about 10 times in a row now…

I’ve given up for the night, useless to keep trying. Hope they get it looked at soon, good luck all. Perhaps I can go play something a bit more stable…

:upside_down_face:

This has been happening over an hour for me, in Islands, questing. Frostmourne server.

Barthilas - DCd around 10 times in the past hour and a half

If the issue is persisting, its probably a great idea to take a break, Blizzard should be on the issue if its causing a major problem for a lot of the Oceanic player-base.

Looks like there was a reply to someone asking about the disconnects on Twitter:

We've been told Telstra is under maintenance at the moment. ^PJ

— Blizzard CS - The Americas (@BlizzardCS) August 24, 2019
1 Like

Thank you for someone coming to tell everyone in the official forums about this.

1 Like

Except I’m having disconnects, and I’m on Optus. So I don’t see how that is a solution.

I believe, and someone with more detailed info can correct me if I’m wrong, that Blizzard uses Telstra connections. I’m not a network engineer, so I can’t say with any certainty, but that would explain why you’d still have issues connecting.

1 Like

Was dc’d from WoW, tried playing HotS, people getting same problem there. Guessing Blizz OCE servers use Telstra (If Telstra maintenance is the problem)?

Ah is that so? Ta :smiley: Not up on the server/technical stuff.

Telstra owns the infrastructure optus uses in most areas. so it might be effecting everyone regardless of provider

Hey all,

This is indeed due to a planned Telstra maintenance. Other ISPs may be affected due to shared backbone in that area. It is happening in the Sydney datacenter which is where the WoW OCE servers are hosted.

The Telstra notification mentions it should last a couple of hours.

1 Like

Thank you for the update. I figured that was the issue and am glad I checked here before saying anything to the D3 folks. We just started Season 18 and they are frustrated. Hopefully this helps the frequent issues impacting the Sydney datacenter.

Update 1:45am AEST / 10:45am CST - It looks like the Telstra maintenance has concluded and we are no longer seeing disconnections from our telemetry.

Things should be back to normal, however if anyone from Australia / New Zealand is still experience disconnections we would ask that you post a WinMTR test so we can take a look. Thanks everyone!

1 Like