Oceanic disconnects

Not sure if this has been reported or anything yet but multiple people across guild and server on Barthilas are getting constant dc’s for the last 20-30 mins or so

Same here. It was happening every few minutes at first. Now I can’t even get back in before it says I was disconnected. So annoying!

My entire guild is on and off every few minutes except for two of us. All Oceanic based.

Tech Support would be the best place to post about connection issues.

3 Likes

For anyone who runs into this thread, there was a post on twitter that I copied over in Tech Support:

6 Likes

Yup, it appears Telstra is doing some maintenance this morning. It is impacting all our games from anyone that interacts with that network - which is pretty much all of Australia, whether you are a Telstra customer or not.

2 Likes

The oceanic realms are also in the area of Sydney affected by the Telstra maintainance. Will be a couple of hours AFAIK.

1 Like

So glad Blizz let us know. D3 is impacted too and with it being Season 18 start that is frustrating folks. I let the D3 forums know.

1 Like

That may have been true several years ago but Telstra is using the NBN.

Can Blizzard confirm with the NBN (National Broadband Network) that they haven’t any issues? The blue post only confirms that one ISP on the NBN is affected, yet by the looks of the replies, its affecting other ISP’s on the NBN.

As for me:
Discord? Perfect! Stayed online while WoW disconnected.
Netflix? Not a hiccup.
WoW? Like a petulant child stamping its foot every 5 minutes.

According to Telstra, when they go down, all services go down so I think Blizzard need to check their data centre because the info you’re providing with what Telstra is providing and what I am experiencing are conflicting.

Can Blizzard 100% guarantee it’s not their Sydney data centre?

EDIT: Contacted Telstra - no outages or maintenance impacting my service at all. This includes nationwide outages or technical issues.

1 Like

for last kilometer/s, sure. they also do backhaul and surely it’s not unlikely that they’ve had a break there rather than at residential level

1 Like

They’re probably finishing up, but it’s at the data center, per this post, not the ISP as a whole.

2 Likes