Are they using new server hardware for classic

Or are they trying to use those meant to be retail’s for classic, server keeps dc’ing people left n right past hour as if they’re doing something to it in prep for classic.

Thx for binning our key after 4 consecutive dc’s so far

Classic will run on new servers, they had to recode the game so it would run.

1 Like

Classic will run on the retired servers. From back in 2001 how exciting.

You might want to check with your ISP before you complain about Blizzard.

1 Like

I read that they are using new servers, and that the game required re-coding to make it run. Why would they use old tech? Those servers blades are long gone, why would they keep them around?

For the true classic experience?!

I dont know Im just joking tbh.

2 Likes

To answer your question no they are not. The classic client is based on a modern client specifically so they can use the modern servers to host classic.

You’ll be disconnecting as the oceanic realms are being affected by the Telstra Maintainance in the Sydney Area , where the oceanic realm servers are -

3 Likes

If you’re playing from Australia, Telstra is doing some maintenance affecting connections to the servers for everyone, even if you’re ISP isn’t that provider.

3 Likes

Great for stopping in folks but neither your comments address the OP’s question.

You need more coffee! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A Frostmourne player having connection issues, seemed relevant.

2 Likes

No coffee needed here. Replying at work where they have gaming sites blocked. So I’m having to use my iPad and am finding it difficult to reply to posts of more then 4 lines.

Thank you for your feedback and I’ve updated my post

2 Likes