8.2 Mount Equipment and Water Strider

So, what is the point of calling it a Water Strider if it can’t do what it was placed in game to do? Might of well remove the Water out of the name and called it Strider.

After all, with the upcoming Mount Equipments coming in 8.2, it is giving Blizzard a chance to remove more from the game, and is giving Blizzard an excuse to remove Water Walking abilities that DK’s/Shamans have in the future. Though, this could be my speculation at the moment.

58 Likes

Great point! I propose we change the name to…

“Water-Strider-But-Only-If-You-Equip-The-Right-Mount-Gear”

What do you guys think of this idea? Brilliant, right? Haha my ideas are so unique and perfect for the game. I should be a WoW Dev…

47 Likes

Given Blizzard’s track record, I don’t find your speculation unrealistic at all.

15 Likes

Isnt there already a 1K+ post thread about this?

Just bump it

3 Likes

Thread was locked when I created this one.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t want them to get rid of those classes water walking ability, they would be the only classes that could have water walking and another ability active on their mounts at the same time which could lead to some fun combos. Lol

If they took it away I’d be very sad for those classes and even more so if a fun ability is taken from them and not replaced by something new at least.

Some of those little fun and unique to class abilities are what make me want to play half the classes I do in the first place :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: taking those away would be the end of any difference between classes to me besides the graphics.

4 Likes

Maybe we can just rename it “Water*” Strider(*“water” strider may or may not stride on water, see your local mount equipment dealer for details)
Short and to the point, no?

9 Likes

Well, it is just a speculation though. I can’t say whether they will or won’t. But judging by Blizzards history with class pruning and stuff, could be a pretty big possibility.

4 Likes

It would not surprise me down the road this mount equipment doesn’t work in new content. Also wouldn’t surprise me thats how they gate flight in the future either.

Sad thing is I saw they recently added a similar feature to Everquest 2 only… brace yourselves… they didn’t take anything away. Apparently Blizzard can only give us something new if they take something away first.

27 Likes

Have they even bothered fixing the crappiness of the water walking on the PTR?

Seriously, how can they implement things so poorly?

7 Likes

The other thread is locked again. Apparently, there are a lot of forum posters who want us to lose our water striders, so they flag the posts in that thread, and it auto-closes.

4 Likes

Yep. If I were a betting man, I know where I’d put my money.

It’s baffling, isn’t it?

10 Likes

Those who keep auto-flagging need to grow up though. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion about stuff within the game or in up-coming patches.

4 Likes

It’s a slippery slope from removing (just moving actually) a water strider’s ability to FEMA death camps and listening devices in our fillings. Clearly mount equipment is an evil world domination plot by Blizzard. Does anyone else smell toast?

1 Like

The immersion-breaking of the water strider is what irks me the most.

Blizz, just exempt the water strider from being able to use mount equipment—like the herb golem. Don’t break its inherent water strider-iness. That’s just stupid.

24 Likes

They love taking things away so they can implement something else that increases time played.

12 Likes

The mount deserves renaming since blizzard is changing it. What a crying shame. 🤦🤦🤷🤷

1 Like

Nah, they love taking things away to be replace with something that brings nothing good to the game.

6 Likes

This right here.

12 Likes

Also…every other mount needs a name change when water walk equipment is on…

Water Mechgineers Chopper
Water Grey Riding Camel
Water Snowy Gryphon
Water Highlords Glorious Charger

Water Sky Golem… Oh wait that mount gets to keep its unique abilty :confused:

15 Likes