[8.2.5] "Azeroth is free!"

I just found it from googling “BfA ending” xD

its the conclusion
from warcraft 1
horde vs alliance, tom vs jerry, coke vs pepsi
now the meme ends

One helluva understatement.

2 Likes

That’s been my complaint with Sylvanas in particular for years. Every time they’ve tried to show that she’s not that bad anymore they go through the effort of making her all the worse.

Broken Shore she had witty banter with Varian, was actually shocked with Vol’jin got stabbed, looked disappointed when Varian was dusted, and vowed to avenge Vol’jin after being made Warchief.

And they did absolutely nothing to make anyone like her, and instead went all in on Mustache Twirling Villain.

8 Likes

I suspect that Broken Shore was part of a storyline they nixed in favor of the one we got.

Yeah i’ll place a bet on the “pyrrhic” part, that is pretty much guaranteed if Alliance has to fight Horde, they’ll make it as unsatisfying as possible for Alliance

You forgot the free space if you want to turn it into bingo. “Incompetent Alliance moves” should be that.

7 Likes

Without a doubt. Also note, that before Legion launched their website touted both Sylvanas and Anduin as being important characters, with Sylvanas having to come to terms with her desire to not die and being the leader her people (the entire Horde) deserve and Anduin had to learn how to deal with an enemy where peace is not on the table and could he stand up to face it.

Of this we got Sylvanas doing evil things in Stormheim, and Anduin being mopey boy until he picks up dad’s sword then he stops being mopey boy and proceeds to sit back on this throne and do nothing.

11 Likes

Cries tears of joy because the stupid good just flows within him.

To be fair, “My dad was just killed.” is a pretty decent reason to be mopey.

8 Likes

i like mopey anduin
i want the tommen anduin that gets manipulated by dragons and stuff
get rid of the jump on siege engine and fight on the front line anduin
bring back to the manipulated boy anduin
imo

1 Like

And I’d give you that, if that wasn’t the only thing he did in the expansion.

2 Likes

To be fair, it’s not like Varian or Vol’jin did anything during Warlords of Draenor, either.

3 Likes

Isn’t Sylvanas’ secret boss also responsible for Vol’jin getting stabbed? His quest line with Talanji made mention of outside interference during that portion of Legion.

We can only hope.

Well we only have to look at the comments and history of the WoW writers.

1. Lead creative director says Sylvanas has a plan
  2. Sylvanas won’t “die die” because lead says she has a plan
  3. Just like Putricide and Garrosh, the Horde has a long running theme of looking evil at first, and then you find out it was actually some other reason.
  4. WoW writers have said they want WoW to be more like Game of Thrones, so no foreshadowing, or lead up, shocking twists. (Sylvanas was actually helping the whole time!)
4 Likes

Needs more shocking character deaths that no one saw coming.

Also all the factions in Game of Thrones had infighting. Alliance doesn’t know what infighting is.

4 Likes

Blizzard only counts the Horde factions as real factions. Alliance are like giant bears or storms, some other type of object to drive the Horde plot forward.

4 Likes

This seems like the same song and dance just about everyone says after a xpac or story conclusion they dislike.

Then the hype train comes rolling in because new stuff, story looks like it’ll be interesting, and toward the end of the last xpac blizz started making changes to show they’ve grown since the last blunder.

It’s all a facade to keep people in the endless loop.

1 Like

Sylvanas’s secret boss?

Did you mean Bwonsamdi? He reveals he has a secret boss in that quest. Bwonsamdi says his boss is not going to like the fact that Voljin’s soul is not in its grasp.

no we didn’t, sylvanas destroyed her city herself.

Yes, right, i am sure that we killed the same number of civillians.
oh no, we didn’t, they evacuated.

12 Likes