The First Week of Shadowlands Season 1

Mythic Keystone dungeons and ranked PvP are opening with the beginning of Season 1 tomorrow, and there are a few aspects of the first week of the Season to highlight.

During this first week of Mythic Keystone dungeons, there is a cap on the increase of item level of end-of-run loot. That loot will stop increasing at Mythic Keystone +10 for this first week, which is item level 203. However, the Great Vault will be uncapped the following week, and loot from the Great Vault (on December 15 in this region) will reflect successful completions achieved during the week of December 8. The Great Vault will award item level 226 for completing Mythic Keystone +14, and other completion item levels can be viewed in the Mythic Keystone tab of the Dungeons and Raid window once the season begins.

For this first week of the Season in PvP, item-level upgrades of Conquest equipment are capped at item level 220, requiring Rival (rank 4). Starting with the second week, (again that’s December 15 in this region), item level upgrades of Conquest equipment are uncapped. There are no caps on the Great Vault’s PvP considerations. Duelists (rank 5) or higher will receive item level 226 equipment from the Great Vault.

Good luck out there!

22 Likes

Greetings,

siming intensifies

Yours sincerely,
Bloodmallet(EU)

27 Likes

What is the conquest cap? (i.e. the amount of Conquest we can earn each week)

I see https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23572634/shadowlands-season-1-preview says “For PvP players, the weekly Conquest cap will start at 550 and increase by 550 per week.”

Does that mean the cap is going from 500 to 550 each week? (I presume “increase by 550 per week” doesn’t mean it will be 1100 next week if you got 550 the first week, just that there’ll be catch-up as there is now).

5 Likes

Awwwh yeah. Been waiting for this.

1 Like

Everything I had read up until now said that m+ drops would be capped at +6 197 ilvl did that change today?

1 Like

Time to get on that Diablo treadmill.

4 Likes

Very good , and fair for everyone !

meh. i hate m+ and am not looking forward to that treadmill becoming a thing i feel i must participate in again.

11 Likes

I believe that’s how it was for previous seasons. Not this one.

1 Like

So the week one conquest cap is 550. You can’t buy a piece of gear with that. What exactly are we upgrading to item level 220?

3 Likes

LOOOOOL get wrecked

1 Like

LOL. Why? Where 197 ilvl and 6 lvl key? Do the Blizz want to put progress and grind on the same level again? Best addon from Draenor and spoil everything with stupid grind with stupid keys…the race of progress will again be stupid and incompetent

2 Likes

So you mean to get the best gear right now I have to do PvP?

That’s a slap in the face to us PvE people! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My body is ready

2 Likes

You can’t buy any conquest gear in pvp in the first week. :rofl:

well, the gear is worse than heroic. So I don’t know if you really do. But it is there for people who enjoy it. unfortunately, those people have to gear through raid/just the weekly chest to get better than heroic gear.

You can’t be competitive unless you participate in that toxic cesspool called M+. I don’t why they thought this was a good system for a MMO.

9 Likes

Sounds like the real fun is about to begin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea, m+ has really brought out some of the most unbearably toxic parts of the wow community, and i say that as someone who was an ultra sweaty hardcore raider a decade ago.

3 Likes

Dungeon running started as a casual affair. This move towards creating this highly competitive e-sport out of dungeons just kills the game for me.

4 Likes