70.000g to get an achievement?

We’ve got a pool hall across the street, and I think there’s a bowling alley within five minutes of us. Still leagues floating around for both, so I think they’re safe from closure for the time being.

1 Like

I already paid my admittance fee to this arcade. It’s called a subscription.

That is awesome! :slight_smile:

You know what you don’t get with a sub. A token. So has no bearing.

It appears to be on some reset thing. I was not able to donate the full 70k.

Don’t be shy, just ping me. I think we both know I’m the one you’re waiting on.

Woah, almost as if your outrage was for nothing.

Yes, multiple things.

I’ve already gone through the trouble of screenshotting the Trading Post activity, with my character sheet for reference.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1031389084398133268/1204200542344187954/Screenshot_2024-02-05_145035.png?ex=65d3de26&is=65c16926&hm=89b9fe53f535023b2210b2df57b888031ca62f75d3175589cb1ca35320f0c29a&

10k max per day it seems.

Idk how to ping and it was a general statement.

It’s better than 10 achievement points.
But the premise still stands, donating 70k for 10 achievement points is dumb.

Easily gotten by doing the 10-15 min qline on 2 chars and then queueing daily for the love rocket, along with a few alts, which a lot of ppl already do.
The tokens you receive by donating are going to be wasted.

Also the point was donating the full 70k, so the final screenshot is what matters.

If you really want I can come back. Or we can just let this lie. If you’re super curious you can check my armory.

Quoting or replying. I only say because you @ed me earlier.

I never actually disagreed with this. I said that I find the achievement valueless and that I would not have gotten it if I were not gifted the gold. You took my argument that this might appeal to some, and my lack of direct support for your argument, as thinking this achievement is cool and great and good for the game. When I could not care less.

Not everyone has all the things. Not everyone likes to quest. Some people would be willing to bypass quests to still get the things they want. This achievement now has more value because it’s not just 10 achievement points.

I might actually just refer you to the armory.

This thread turned out to be a big nothing but you’re going to attempt to keep it going by assigning personal value to the rewards we now see we get.

2 Likes

It’s fine, no need to waste gold, because that’s what this is in the end.

Didn’t know @naming someone actually puts a notification.

Fine.

No, it showed how players will defend even the most dumb achievements.

Max is 70 love tokens by donating i think, the quests give 160-170.

To you.

It does not. That’s what I mean, you attempted to reach me in a way that doesn’t notify me.

I think the Barbershop achievement is dumb.

I dunno how much gold it might have been at the time, but I think the Heirloom Hoarder achieve is even more expensive?

I guess at least you get something for your gold with heirlooms.

This thing

250k felt a bit egregious for a 2nd Dalaran hearthstone.

Anyway 70k for nothing, and an achievement, seems like a gold sink for a very specific group of player. Not sure why people are getting bent out of shape, it’s highly skippable and offers nothing. It’s not like the reusable augment rune, of which I will continue having bought exactly 0 of them. For now.

Oh calm down, this is just the beginning. Soon enough we’ll be paying real money for the achievement points. It’ll be an awesome leveling package with level 20 reps and 14000 achievement points that YOU get to pick out from a menu.

…and just to make it as brutal as possible all the old achievements are open for this one time offer.

1 Like

Just picked up Papi (Stormsong Valley rare battle pet) on the AH for 70,000g. Thought that was a deal cause it was going for anywhere from 200,000 to 400,000 just a few weeks ago.

This 70,000g for 10 points though… sigh. Why Blizzard? Pay for achievements doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

Already are because blizz sells gold

Almost seems like they were intending to put something else in there that was then not ready?

KSM and AOTC bring a mount. This doesnt.

haha! touche!

You kidding it works really well in the real world.

Yeah, a stupid achievement.

You can buy love tokens for 10k gold too. Very lame…

That is not the damn Love Rocket its the Touring Rocket…two different mounts…Love Rocket is Pink single rider rocket…the Touring rocket is a two seat rocket grey colored and originally gotten years ago by doing RAF…

With the average casual pulling in 250k gold per month this is not really a huge sink tbh.