70.000g to get an achievement?

Apparently there’s this new Love is In the Air achievement where you give gold and get just 10 achiev points in return.

Donate a total of 70,000 gold to the Artisan’s Consortium in support of the Gala of Gifts.

Is this the type of achievements that we should expect going forward?
Pay 70k, get nothing except 10 achiev points, no title, no mog,no pet, no mount… nothing?

62 Likes

Ahahahahaaha I love this terminal end-stage capitalism that just assumes every single WoW player has six digits to drop on seasonals. Good gods, Blizzard.

84 Likes

wasn’t there a gold sink one for buying some expensive do nothing ring in dalaran back a few expansions ago?

17 Likes

The rings were actually useful if i remember right, one was a teleport, other had stats? Maybe i’m remembering wrong…? It had levels i think.

13 Likes

Not even a title. Just APs. :face_with_peeking_eye:

10 Likes

Was expecting it to at least give a title… Selfless Lover, or something to that effect.
Guess we’re just buying “love” with money now, i don’t see what it has to do otherwise with the holiday.

15 Likes

lol,that will get you into trouble in most places

30 Likes

I have to wonder: how much gold did the table legends put in the economy? I know I’m still minted from WoD, but this has got to be some desperate drainage going on.

2 Likes

I skipped Cata > BFA, so i wasn’t on the free gold express, and i’m sure others as well that didn’t play WoD.

7 Likes

70k breaking you at this point in the game is hilarious btw. Its not terminal end stage capitalism, its you being unable to do 1/500 things to amass any amount of reasonable gold.

God forbid you actually do any amount of the game

14 Likes

How much gold do you have?

3 Likes

Enough that this achievement would be done if I cared to log in and do it in > hour

4 Likes

Money :eggplant: measuring contest aside, it’s just lazy.

16 Likes

This is a fair critique.

8 Likes

so uh don’t get the achievement? i guess?

14 Likes

That’s not an answer… but it’s besides the issue.

Like i said above, we’re exchanging gold > achivement points at this point.

Players were complaining that they put in drake customizations for 50k on events and now it’s 70k for 10 AP?

6 Likes

I’m honestly not surprised but yeah that’s just lame.

Back during cataclysm I use to make absolute bank from Jewel crafting and had 2 characters with gold cap. At the time it was a lot imo. I use to just go hard with Mining/JC and Herb/Alchemy and it was actually insane how much gold was to be made if you just focused that. Back when we use to have lots of sockets in all our gear gems sold like hotcakes it was nice lol.

3 Likes

I exchange gold for a lot of things in this game. Who cares?

This is the more useless one, but a gold sink one if people feel like it.

2 Likes

I just lvl’d and got to max then quit back then. Wotlk was peak and i was out of it with WoW at that point.

I care, else i wouldn’t have made the thread.

Why limit it here then? 1 mil gold for 1k achievement points, it’s a great bundle!
Sounds stupid, no? Be truthful.

3 Likes

I saw the achievement in preparation for tomorrow but luckily it does not count for https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1693/fool-for-love

3 Likes