70.000g to get an achievement?

Yeah, which is why I think those other things are worse to be allowed to buy.

And even then, wasted energy to care about what boosters and such do.

What do you achieve?

At least you have something to show for that now…unlike this one as far as we can see you donate 70K for just 10 AP and that is it…

It’s a gold sink. I remember not terribly long ago, within the past year, people were saying the game needed more gold sinks.

Well here’s a gold sink for you types that love bragging about achievements…,and you are crying about it.

This is funny to me.

lol

Just don’t buy it.

If this is a thing, I have mixed feelings. Im only at 19k because I skipped bfa due to life. So I’m out a lot of cheevos because i can’t be arsed to play bfa content. But been playin wow for 17 years. My cheevs should be higher. Is this a catch up system?

Nah jk this is bad, lol

it’s not about breaking the bank, it’s the fact that 70k is around $5 if converted to money. So, you are paying $5 for an achievement.

Sure, so apply and keep that logic with everything then. You are paying $__ for everything in game that costs gold. What a silly statement.

3 paragraphs to say that wow has a gold shop.

We all know how it works mate. But the end result is the same. Only thing that changes is how much gold you get for every 20 bucks you pay.

Christ

I guess Blizzard hasn’t learned that just because they can, doesn’t mean they should.

1 Like

Yep.

Not being poor.

There are tons of ways to make gold in the game, go make some.

From what I understand people had gold cap on MULTIPLE characters. Thats multiple characters at 10m gold and it went on like that for a WHILE and the only thing you had to do was just have them at max level during WoD.

I definitely regret not playing during the Warlords of Draenor expansion. Judging by the responses in this thread, it seems that those who played during that time are capable of purchasing this achievement for each of their characters, and they still have plenty of gold.

1 Like

I do, especially for mounts or pets; and that is EXACTLY why I bring up the dollar value. A gold spending achievement is not worth more than a mount, therefore it should not cost more than a mount.

Real money making came with Legion mission tables, BfA alchemy, and selling carries. WOD garrisons weren’t really that good in comparison.

Well wowhead has as story on this AP now and as I figured there is nothing attached too that 70K of gold you donate now…not a single item will be given when your donate now…info right here…https://www.wowhead.com/news/love-is-in-the-air-gold-sink-achievement-how-to-complete-support-your-local-337550?fbclid=IwAR13wqAQgraEOzaJvAW0tifI7rCxGXYC6PRgXI9DmTrYc1cBOPRI-ZopZi8

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9hg0EVo1KA

Buyable achievements! Achievements for buying achievements!

well… achievements didn’t exist back then, so… there’s that. :stuck_out_tongue:

achievement points aren’t worth anything, they can’t be spent, so i’m not seeing the issue.

i’m not understanding how it’s different to purchasing a mount, or a carry.

1 Like

that’s how donations work.
if you’re getting something in return for it, it’s not a donation… it’s a transaction.

I normally don’t post on the forums very much, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I like achievements so of course I feel like I’m obligated to get this one and I have to just throw away 70k gold for nothing?

Please, change this, or at least give me a reward that is worth 70k gold. I honestly have no idea who thought this would be a good idea.

I would say that’s a massive ripoff, but it would be too easy.

I mean if you want to get Technical, effect on somebody’s life if you’ve donated is a transaction of a kind. But i digress.

Lol if achievements actually ment anything… This will be one I never do. I’ll buy a mount but an achievement. Lol nah ty.