70.000g to get an achievement?

That’s a lot of buzzwords to use for a video game economy where it’s currently really easy to come up with that amount of gold.

So you like gold > achievement point transfer as well? Will you buy it too?
Post a pic here after you do as well.

We don’t know if you don’t get a reward for donating 70k or not, that’s an assumption you’ve made and are holding on to as true.

It may be, it may not be. You can just wait to find out instead of jumping to conclusions just so you can be outraged. You keep saying it’s proof of xyz but there’s no proof of anything because it’s a datamine which are oftentimes wrong.

2 Likes

I mean, i won’t because i don’t really care about achievement hunting unless it comes with something i want

It’s the point of discussion. If it is true or not is irrelevant.

People are replying as if assuming it’s true, and they support it.

Regardless if it is or not.
Are you supporting this type of achievement or not?

Depends on what you receive for donating 70k. I can’t say if I support this type of achievement or not because we don’t know exactly what type of achievement it is.

And it entirely matters if it’s true. The only thing that would be irrelevant is this topic if it isn’t true.

It’s irrelevant to discuss things that aren’t true.

You misunderstood it seems, let me clarify.

The premise is that, the achiev is just that pay 70k gold > get 10 AP, nothing else.
The issue is that players are OK with achievements under that premise, that’s it.

I have nothing against achievements that reward something, it would be good if this did lead to something on Monday.

You can discuss things based on what information you have.
Currently the achievement is in-game, that’s where i found it.
Under Love is in the Air. It says you donate 70k for the Artisans, the reward is just the 10 AP.

Yes, it’s the same principle. If you are unwilling to spend a mere 70K for an achievement then the achievement has no value. You even said in your OP you expect to get something else with that achievement for spending 70K gold. It would be the same if the mage tower only awarded an achievement. Would you bother with it then? No, because the achievement has no value. It was always the transmog that has value. If you don’t understand this I don’t know how else to explain it to you.

1 Like

The achievement had value at the time it went live, because it took skill to get it.
Paying 70k for 10 achievement points directly is content now?

Glad to see we have so many supporters of this type of achievement, Blizz can make bank in the future thanks to players like yourself.

@Maxmorben, see? It’s this type of players that support this kind of gold > AP transaction,

Unless you are rewarded for donating gold to the artisans consortium, in which case you would be getting the reward and an achievement. But you can’t confirm or deny that so it’s best to wait and see.

I guess that’s just a difference between us. I would rather make sure I am correctly criticizing a design decision and you would rather assume and jump to conclusions without having all of the pertinent information available to you. You’re operating on what may not be the full picture and filling in the gaps with your assumptions so that you can be upset over it. I would rather wait to see the full picture

1 Like

No, it didn’t. NOBODY did it for the achievement. The transmog represented the same thing as the achievement and that is what players actually wanted.

This is the side I took.

Dismissal of one stance does not inherently mean support of another.

1 Like

lol that would be a fun reward xD

That T shirt would be hilarious xD

2 Likes

I’m not “hiding behind” anything - it is a FACT that it IS Blizzard’s game and you don’t own anything. Sure we’d all be sad if they shut it all down tomorrow and all of our characters were gone, but there’s nothing we can do about that, so… you’re ignoring this fact for the sake of arguing.

We’ve already been over your hypothetical 1 mil gold = 1k achievement points scenario. I’m “fine” with it because no one has to do it and AP means nothing and doesn’t give you an advantage or edge over others in anything whatsoever. Some people have fun chasing achievements and some people are at gold cap and would do it simply because they can. Good for them, (who are you to dictate how others play for fun if they want that achievement?) and good thing you can choose not to spend a single gold.

I think we get it - you don’t like it and you’re against it. And that’s fine. You don’t have to partake. It will not affect you in any way whatsoever either way.

2 Likes

Those actually get you something other than AP.

You presented the hypothetical of it being just the achievement.
In which i replied that people would do it because it takes skill.

Like i said, it doesn’t matter if this one has or doesn’t have a reward now.
Players in this thread were for achievements being just gold > AP.

Sure, it’s my choice to not like this type of achievements. Which is what this thread is for basically.

Just dont buy the thing… are you really so deluded you think youre gonna get every achieve in wow? If a 70k expense upsets you

You think it’s the sort of achievement that should exist?

What are you achieving?

Theres an achieve for using the barber shop. WHO CARES

You get something out of that.

I do.
And you care enough as well to respond to a thread about this.

Probably best to wait for context of how this will work and what will be tied to it. Getting outraged with Zero context never helps. Recent outrages have proved this.

1 Like